PDA

View Full Version : Ko Simpson

Kerr
09-17-2006, 05:47 PM
I am more impressed with him than I am whitner because he was not expected to start this season, nor probably next season for that matter. I loved the call fewell made to blitz culpepper with Ko. He almost reminded of brian dawkins. He and whitner have played against two pro bowl qbs the last two weeks and have held their own. This is a good sign. I think in time ko and donte are going to be pro bowlers with proper coaching from the likes of troy vincent.

BILLSROCK1212
09-17-2006, 05:58 PM
I am more impressed with him than I am whitner because he was not expected to start this season, nor probably next season for that matter. I loved the call fewell made to blitz culpepper with Ko. He almost reminded of brian dawkins. He and whitner have played against two pro bowl qbs the last two weeks and have held their own. This is a good sign. I think in time ko and donte are going to be pro bowlers with proper coaching from the likes of troy vincent.couldn't agree more although i didnt watch much of the game you are so right although I think Whitner has been equally impressive i mean this guy goes from a guy not even projected to go in the 1st round to the 8th overall pick and you can almost consider him a shut down safety for a rookie

DraftBoy
09-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Simpson was a good blitzing safety at South Carolina, and he showed it when he layed a hit on Daunte. He was also around the ball alot, though he didnt get credit for tackles all that often.

Whitner silently had a good game, had 4 tackles and 3 assists. I dont think there can be any complaints about his play.

But here is the biggest thing;

WE GAVE UP NO PASS LONGER THAN 26 YARDS! Which means neither safety got beat really deep and was open. Some of that is because of the pressure but they did a great job in Fewell's Cover 2 scheme.

Historian
09-17-2006, 06:17 PM
I think both their careers are off to a running start.

:up:

tampabay25690
09-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Wea re in great shape at SAFETY for many years to come....GREAT 1st draft MARV