PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the Jets

RedEyE
09-17-2006, 07:00 PM
I watched the Jets tonight and while their offense is better then I expected, their defense is out right atrocious. I'm not sure the reasoning behind it, but they had a LB mismatched to the outside (where the corner should be). New England's receivers punched underneath them all day. If they bring that garbage to Buffalo, Reed, Evans, and Price will have a field day. They blitz an aweful hell of a lot too, and don't have any quams about disguising it.

Pennington deserves a lot of respect. Took a lot of **** from the media, took the pay cut to stay, and the guy has really played decent in his comback. He nearly has 700 yards in the air in 2 games, and was able to expose New England's vulnarable secondary. If Buffalo could have done that last week, the game would have ended very differently.

Anyway, the kid has a quick plant and can rip an accurate rocket in blitzing scenerios, and IMO, Pennington will give us more fits then Culpepper could dream up. Their OL seems to be jelling much faster then ours as well. They can pass protect seemingly well, and if they had a decent running back they could probably be credited for decent run blocking too.

The Jets will invite the Bills offense to throw the football. They are going to challange Losman and put him in a situation where he has to win the game with his arm. I don't think they can stop McGahee from rolling out a 100 yard game, but their quick fire offense will control the tempo. It's inevitable that Losman will have to gain some long pass yards next week.

I hope Spikes is back, and could really care less if Bowen finds his way back on the field.

Looking forward to my trip to the home opener. Let's go Buffalo!!!

CuseJetsFan83
09-17-2006, 07:14 PM
i agree with most of the defense comments, with the exception of the big play..... still really havent had one brought on us yet. we play very very soft, so mcgahee should do pretty well on those swing passes, unless somehow we have that magically covered in 7 days.

savor this win you guys, you have earned it!

what i am thinking the jets should do is start off with passing, its obvious thats where we control our rhythm. we can't run to save ourselves, so we might as well show ourselves off the bat.

anyways, im really looking forward to next weekend, in that bright buffalo sun lol

i have been saying this all along, but i seriously think the jets and bills are highly underrated, yes we may not be super bowl contenders, but we still have a very very good shot of .500 if not the playoffs.

the thing that both teams proved today is that they faced their most hated rival, and one came out victorious in record, and one came out victorious mentally..... the only one that mattered was the record, and that edge goes to buffalo.

i expect a very close game scores in the mid to upper teens.

Devin
09-17-2006, 07:18 PM
If we contain the run game, our young secondary should get a stout workout next week.

CuseJetsFan83
09-17-2006, 07:20 PM
If we contain the run game, our young secondary should get a stout workout next week.

expect that hard and heavy.... we have no run game!

if y'all can keep the pressure up (ie denney getting 3 more sacks, or have a high team total) that will hurry things a tad

Philagape
09-17-2006, 07:21 PM
The Jets' passing game is clicking, but that plays right into our strength. It'll be tough, but the Bills will win it. Big day for Willis as the Bills try to keep Jets' O off the field.

Devin
09-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Should be a much better game next week, excited!!!!

Plus if TKO is back in action that will make it all the better.

CuseJetsFan83
09-17-2006, 07:26 PM
now did they determine an actual injury...... because the injury report i had, only said upper leg....... and i was in and out during the buffalo game

RedEyE
09-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Should be a much better game next week, excited!!!!

Plus if TKO is back in action that will make it all the better.

I agree. Especially since I'll be seeing it live!!

The Jets and Bills should put up a mean fight. Miami should get their first win against Tennesee, and the Patriots play Denver Sunday night.

YardRat
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
The AFC East could turn into a year-long dog fight. The Jets and Bills are playing better than expected, and the Patriots & Dolphins are playing worse...this could be a fun year for all of us :D

DraftBoy
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
I agree. Especially since I'll be seeing it live!!

The Jets and Bills should put up a mean fight. Miami should get their first win against Tennesee, and the Patriots play Denver Sunday night.

Dont count those chickens for Miami too fast, Vince Young may get the start next week, and that could cause some issue for them. Overall I think a victory is likely but we have seen Young carry teams of inferior talent before to big victories.

BleedinGreenNC
09-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Look at Penny boy!!! 300 + in 2 straight games!!!!

CuseJetsFan83
09-17-2006, 07:52 PM
The AFC East could turn into a year-long dog fight. The Jets and Bills are playing better than expected, and the Patriots & Dolphins are playing worse...this could be a fun year for all of us :D

oh how we can dream for it to happen!

BILLSROCK1212
09-17-2006, 07:57 PM
who r the jets they r a team? if they r we prob beat them already

CuseJetsFan83
09-17-2006, 07:58 PM
who r the jets they r a team? if they r we prob beat them already

righhhhhhhhhhht

looking forward to being at the ralph next weekend

RedEyE
09-17-2006, 08:00 PM
righhhhhhhhhhht

looking forward to being at the ralph next weekend

You have to take everything that guy says with a grain of salt.

BleedinGreenNC
09-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I am looking forward to this game, this is a game of two teams that were pegged to fail this year, i think that both these teams exposed a weakness in NE that we are going to capitalize on the next time that we play them.

You guys are coming off a great win where you dominated our enemy, the Dolfags!! Congrats on that one!! I for one, will enjoy this battle, good luck to all and once again, GREAT WIN!!! Against those Fins!!!

Bill Brasky
09-17-2006, 08:07 PM
I hope Mad Chad has a terrible game and goes nuts on the media... I miss those days.

CAbills
09-17-2006, 08:19 PM
the thing that both teams proved today is that they faced their most hated rival, and one came out victorious in record, and one came out victorious mentally.....

Funny coming from a Jets fan when all your fellow brothern were talking about how a loss in a lost and what not. I felt we played a better game against New England then the Jets away non the less. However, AFC East seems pretty open, with Spikes back (hopefully) next week and a home opener after an admirable showing against the Pats and a win on the road against the phins, The Ralph should be rocking.

CuseJetsFan83
09-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Funny coming from a Jets fan when all your fellow brothern were talking about how a loss in a lost and what not. I felt we played a better game against New England then the Jets away non the less. However, AFC East seems pretty open, with Spikes back (hopefully) next week and a home opener after an admirable showing against the Pats and a win on the road against the phins, The Ralph should be rocking.

eh, a loss is a loss, but coming back from 24-0 last year with herm would have resulted in scabs playing hte 2nd half...

we battled back, blocked a fg, and then lost it at the end.... can't really ask for more.