PDA

View Full Version : McCargo... and Anderson.

Tatonka
09-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Now i know stats dont say anything, which is why i am bringing this up.. hell, Schobel wasnt even on the stat sheet, and he was great today, as well as Tripplett and his 1 assist on the tackle.. but my question is.. has anyone seen McCargo out there at all getting reps?

I havent seen him, but i didnt know if i was just missing something..

I find it hard to believe that he cant get on the field, although he does play behind tripplett and he has been playing so well that they shouldnt take him off.

The ONLY guy on our defense that i am just not happy with right now is Anderson. I wouldnt mind it if he was a back up, who played very sparingly, but I just never see him make plays..

there has got to be a way to get McCargo on the field with Tripplett.

Bill Brasky
09-17-2006, 07:59 PM
where the hell did Denney and Kelsay come from? They have been living in people's backfields the past 2 weeks.

glad to see Schobel is starting to justify his salary after a few sub-par seasons... he has nice sack stats, but the first 2 games this season he's made plays that matter - which i think is more important that what you have on a stat sheet.

G. Host
09-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Denney and Kelsay were held back on a system designed to filter flow towards LBs but now they are attacking while still holding attack or defending pass in a few rare cases. I liked it when Denney and Kelsay AND Schobel were om field - OL did not know who to block and Dolphin's WRs could not handle any of them.

McCargo has been playing as part of rotation.

Goobylal
09-17-2006, 08:11 PM
McCargo has been getting a good amount of playing time. And he plays the same position as Tripplett, so they both won't be on the field at the same time. Williams has been a steal so far.

Tatonka
09-17-2006, 08:18 PM
i understand that he plays the same position as tripplett.. i clearly said that.. my point was, i would like to see them both out there together. if denny can move from DE to DT on certain downs, then one of the two DTs can switch sides.

CAbills
09-17-2006, 08:21 PM
I thought the coaches mentioned after we drafted him that McCargo and Tripplett would both be on the field on obvious passing situations. I guess that hasn't happened yet?

Goobylal
09-17-2006, 08:29 PM
i understand that he plays the same position as tripplett.. i clearly said that.. my point was, i would like to see them both out there together. if denny can move from DE to DT on certain downs, then one of the two DTs can switch sides.
Sorry, missed the "play[s] behind Tripplett" part. And I think they want to keep it Williams and Anderson at RDT and Tripplett and McCargo at LDT, so as to cut down on the confusion for the rooks. Maybe next year.

BillsFever21
09-17-2006, 10:51 PM
where the hell did Denney and Kelsay come from? They have been living in people's backfields the past 2 weeks.

glad to see Schobel is starting to justify his salary after a few sub-par seasons... he has nice sack stats, but the first 2 games this season he's made plays that matter - which i think is more important that what you have on a stat sheet.

Schobel is only making an average of 4 million a year. He's in the top 5 in total sacks during the last few years during them "sub-par seasons"

Four million a year for double digit sacks is pretty good value. Plus 50+ tackles a season.

OpIv37
09-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Now i know stats dont say anything, which is why i am bringing this up.. hell, Schobel wasnt even on the stat sheet, and he was great today, as well as Tripplett and his 1 assist on the tackle.. but my question is.. has anyone seen McCargo out there at all getting reps?

I havent seen him, but i didnt know if i was just missing something..

I find it hard to believe that he cant get on the field, although he does play behind tripplett and he has been playing so well that they shouldnt take him off.

The ONLY guy on our defense that i am just not happy with right now is Anderson. I wouldnt mind it if he was a back up, who played very sparingly, but I just never see him make plays..

McCargo was on the field for a fair amount of snaps, particularly in the fourth quarter. He didn't do anything spectacular but he's better than Anderson.

Maybe if Anderson was moved to Tripplett's backup and McCargo/Williams rotated with each other. I don't know if that fits their talents well though.

Ebenezer
09-17-2006, 11:04 PM
I was surprised that Anderson made the team...he gets manhandled out there.

tonyc37
09-18-2006, 02:09 AM
You guys obviously don't know football.The reason McCargo is behind Triplett is because thats the position that he was drafted for.He's an under tackle which is a guy that is used to penetrate throught the gaps.Anderson is playing the Nose Tackle position which is where your expected to take up space(more than one blocker).McCargo is not suited to that position.And from his little time on the field this season he's more of a project than maybe it was first though.Remeber he played with two outstanding DE's in college.He may have been a bit overrated because of that.

John Doe
09-18-2006, 05:50 AM
McCargo also missed a lot of playing time last year in college due to injury and came out early for the draft. He will improve as he matures physically. He is a decent back-up at this stage of his young career and can probably develop into a very good player.

Tatonka
09-18-2006, 07:12 AM
You guys obviously don't know football..

thank god your here posting this genius.. or else this site probably would never make it.

mysticsoto
09-18-2006, 07:26 AM
You guys obviously don't know football.The reason McCargo is behind Triplett is because thats the position that he was drafted for.He's an under tackle which is a guy that is used to penetrate throught the gaps.Anderson is playing the Nose Tackle position which is where your expected to take up space(more than one blocker).McCargo is not suited to that position.And from his little time on the field this season he's more of a project than maybe it was first though.Remeber he played with two outstanding DE's in college.He may have been a bit overrated because of that.

Yes, let's not be too harsh on Anderson yet. Most of the time that I saw him, he was taking on 2 blockers at once -and that means everyone else is man to man and just need to beat one person to get to the QB...If that's Anderson's role, then so be it...now, if they start handling Anderson with just one Olinemen and he can't get through to the QB, then I'll have an issue with him.