PDA

View Full Version : Bills vs Miami... MY Thoughts

patmoran2006
09-17-2006, 08:40 PM
* The first thing I want to do it take my hat off to this coaching staff. What a REMARKABLE game-plan they had today and they came in with a strategy and stuck to it. You can see a TOTAL difference in this team already compared to last year. They might lose some games when they're outgunned-- but they will be ready to play each week. I especially want to give out some props to defensive coordinator Perry Fewell, who's defensive playcalling was absolutely brilliant. This guy is already about to start making a big name for himself around the league, I like him A LOT. I've been critical of Jauron, and perhaps I'll continue to be, but as a fan, he's really starting to earn my respect. I love his game-plan; he absolutely refused to put this game on Losman's shoulders on the road. He committed to the run this week. I agreed with his decision to go for it last week in NE, and I agreed with his choice to punt in the 4th quarter from Miami's 35. This team mentally looks ready to play each week, and you can TELL that he has this team believing in themselves. I'm VERY impressed with the coaches, VERY.

* All the idiot thread posters in here who continue to bash McGahee every week, especially this past week.. From the bottom of my heart; can you now please officially STFU. He played well and ran hard. He's buying into this system and he's only going to get better. He was an animal in the first half.
* Special Teams= WOW... They just continue to be impressive. Brian Moorman was unbelievable pinning Miami deep. Rian Lindell is becoming "automatic".. Parrish had a couple of nice punt returns (real nice). Coy Wire proved his worth as a special teams player-- and nobody gives him props, but Sam Aiken is a GREAT ST'er and I'm so glad we didnt cut him (I've always liked). Our special teams is extremely productive and fun to watch.

* Count me among the people who's on the verge of admitting I was too harsh on JP Losman. I really liked the way he played today, **** the stats. He played controlled and within himself. He didnt force too many passes and he had the confidence (he said it afterwards) in his defense today to not take stupid chances. I caught his post-game interview and the guy is saying all the right things. I think the team is really starting to believe in him, and so am I (that being said he's going to give us all major headaches throughout this year).

* Again, SCREW the stats.. Even though Evans and Price didnt do ****--their prescence was VERY well known. Dont know how much you paid attention, but the Miami safeties may as well jumped in the stands they played so deep in respect of their speed. What that did is open up the run in the first half and allowed Parish and Josh Reed (improving) to have good games catching those short passes.

* I cant say enough about the defensive today. Unreal. Ryan Denney was a beast, and Larry Tripplett played GREAT on the line. I never thought I'd be callign Ryan Denney a beast, for the record...

* My player of the game: Angelo Crowell. A sack and a huge interception late in the second quarter--to me, that was the play of the game.

* For 60 minutes, I forgot Takeo Spikes was a Buffalo Bill. Thats how GOOD our defense looked today. If he gets back healthy, thats a HUGE lift to this team.

* Whitner played good, and Ko Simpson played GREAT. This guy is a ****ing STEAL I cant believe he lasted til the fourth round. He just has a nose for the ball. nice sack today and had a fumble recovery (that was reversed). Also has a couple nice licks, and Whitner is a very steady tackler. This safety tandem is going to be the **** in this league once they learn more..

* Fowler and Gandy (especially) had very good games for the OL.

* Is Duante Culpepper really that ****ty or did we make him look ****ty? I was PRAYING he DIDNT get hurt, cause I didnt want to see Harrington. There's about to be a controversy brewing in Miami.

* The called back touchdown aside, we didnt commit alot of stupid penalties. they were much better disciplined today.

Now, I do have a couple of things that I dont like.

* I agree with the most part about Jauron's handling of Losman--but at times I think they're being a little TOO conservative and predictable. Show a little more confidence in the kid to throw on first down more in a tight game in the second half. Also, JP SHOULD BE using his god given ability a little bit more-and that's his feet. I'd like to start seeing him look to take off down the field a little bit more.

* Chris Villarrial absolutely SUCKS! I Tivo the games and go back and watch line blocking.> This guy MISSED so many blocks. Seriously, we're starting all these young guys, why not let Preston play right guard. Villarrial is done as far as I'm concerned and before this year is over, he's going to get WIllis or JP hurt.

* Certainly not foolish enough to think "bust" after just two games, but is it me or is McCargo barely playing this year? I know Tripplett is playing and playing well, but I thought McCargo would get more time. This is the ONLY (and I do mean only) draft pick we took that I still have questions about. Man, if we woulda taken Mangold at that spot and put him at guard (you knew I wouldnt get through a whole post without at least one ***** like that).

Other than that man, I dont have anything negative to say at all. This team surprised the hell out of me and turned some heads around the league with this win. I'll take 1-1 after two weeks of playing two tough divisional foes on the road. They are WELL coached and prepared to play; they have excellent chemistry and they seem to play FOR each other. While there will be some games where the other team is simply too talented for us to compete (say at Indy for example) this team will not quit and they'll be ready to compete.
While today's win doesnt necessarily excite me about prospects for this year; I have a growing faith that this football team in 1-2 years is going to be a MAJOR force to be reckoned with in this league. If JP continues to grow and we upgrade on the OL next year; look out.

Very impressive win today.. Very impressive.

PS- If your a Miami fan, I'd officially start panicking. Your QB blows and your OL is pretty pathetic.

SquishDaFish
09-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Very good posting Pat

Scumbag College
09-17-2006, 08:51 PM
"Now, I do have a couple of things that I dont like.

* I agree with the most part about Jauron's handling of Losman--but at times I think they're being a little TOO conservative and predictable. Show a little more confidence in the kid to throw on first down more in a tight game in the second half. Also, JP SHOULD BE using his god given ability a little bit more-and that's his feet. I'd like to start seeing him look to take off down the field a little bit more."

I agree with you there, especially in the fourth quarter. I don't know about anyone else, but I was uncomfortable with a 16-0 lead all throughout the fourth quarter. It seemed like the Bills got way too conservative in the fourth. Most good teams at this time of a game would bury a team and not give them any type of hope. I think the "killer instinct" to put teams away will come in time once the coaches gain more confidence and the young players gain more experience.

Philagape
09-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Also, JP SHOULD BE using his god given ability a little bit more-and that's his feet. I'd like to start seeing him look to take off down the field a little bit more.

I was saying that during the game. If JP looks a little unsure at the pocket at times, it's probably because there's a conflict between his natural instinct to run and coaches teaching him to stay in the pocket. You can tell at times he wants to, but "No, coach said to stay." IF that's the case, I think that's a mistake, because 1.) he's such a great athlete and 2.) he makes great throws on the run, such as the botched snap last week and the TD this week (both to Reed). He's at home on the run, so I say let him go. The more he plays, the smarter he'll get about when to run and when not to.
This is why I think Vick gets bashed too often. He may suck as a passer, but so what, since he's such a great runner.
Players should do what they do best.

BILLSROCK1212
09-17-2006, 08:59 PM
One of the best post game threads ever!!!!You knowt he drafting of McCargo made no sense.

HHURRICANE
09-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Pat nice post:

1) Villareal really did suck that bad. He is putriid. Why did we cut the fat guy, Aaron Gibson.

2) Rewatch the game. Whitner played even better than you think. He's a rookie and he makes Lawyer Milloy look even worse than we remember.

3) Jauron made sure that JP didn't lose us the game. JP is still maturing and the coaching staff will gain his trust as the season progresses. I think that JP will be opening up next week.

Turf
09-17-2006, 09:30 PM
I never thought the Bills players were as bad as they played last year. The coaching was THAT bad. This year we can at least say they have adequate coaching where these guys can actually have a chance to win. If the coaching rises and the players rise to the occasion we could have something special going on here.

CAbills
09-17-2006, 10:04 PM
* Certainly not foolish enough to think "bust" after just two games, but is it me or is McCargo barely playing this year? I know Tripplett is playing and playing well, but I thought McCargo would get more time. This is the ONLY (and I do mean only) draft pick we took that I still have questions about. Man, if we woulda taken Mangold at that spot and put him at guard (you knew I wouldnt get through a whole post without at least one ***** like that).

The only thing I can say to McCargo is that DT's especially rookies hardly make a huge impact in there first season let alone the first 2 games. I think we are all getting a little spoiled on how well almost all our rookies have performed in just 2 games but thats not the case for everyone. Patience is key.

BigZ
09-17-2006, 10:08 PM
good post pat

jmb1099
09-17-2006, 10:32 PM
:clap:
Good post Pat!
Coach's game plan was ground and pound. I am seriously speculating here, but I think that in their minds there just hasn't been a reason yet to turn Losman loose. I think the home opener will feature that type of gameplan.

* The first thing I want to do it take my hat off to this coaching staff. What a REMARKABLE game-plan they had today and they came in with a strategy and stuck to it. You can see a TOTAL difference in this team already compared to last year. They might lose some games when they're outgunned-- but they will be ready to play each week. I especially want to give out some props to defensive coordinator Perry Fewell, who's defensive playcalling was absolutely brilliant. This guy is already about to start making a big name for himself around the league, I like him A LOT. I've been critical of Jauron, and perhaps I'll continue to be, but as a fan, he's really starting to earn my respect. I love his game-plan; he absolutely refused to put this game on Losman's shoulders on the road. He committed to the run this week. I agreed with his decision to go for it last week in NE, and I agreed with his choice to punt in the 4th quarter from Miami's 35. This team mentally looks ready to play each week, and you can TELL that he has this team believing in themselves. I'm VERY impressed with the coaches, VERY.

* All the idiot thread posters in here who continue to bash McGahee every week, especially this past week.. From the bottom of my heart; can you now please officially STFU. He played well and ran hard. He's buying into this system and he's only going to get better. He was an animal in the first half.
* Special Teams= WOW... They just continue to be impressive. Brian Moorman was unbelievable pinning Miami deep. Rian Lindell is becoming "automatic".. Parrish had a couple of nice punt returns (real nice). Coy Wire proved his worth as a special teams player-- and nobody gives him props, but Sam Aiken is a GREAT ST'er and I'm so glad we didnt cut him (I've always liked). Our special teams is extremely productive and fun to watch.

* Count me among the people who's on the verge of admitting I was too harsh on JP Losman. I really liked the way he played today, **** the stats. He played controlled and within himself. He didnt force too many passes and he had the confidence (he said it afterwards) in his defense today to not take stupid chances. I caught his post-game interview and the guy is saying all the right things. I think the team is really starting to believe in him, and so am I (that being said he's going to give us all major headaches throughout this year).

* Again, SCREW the stats.. Even though Evans and Price didnt do ****--their prescence was VERY well known. Dont know how much you paid attention, but the Miami safeties may as well jumped in the stands they played so deep in respect of their speed. What that did is open up the run in the first half and allowed Parish and Josh Reed (improving) to have good games catching those short passes.

* I cant say enough about the defensive today. Unreal. Ryan Denney was a beast, and Larry Tripplett played GREAT on the line. I never thought I'd be callign Ryan Denney a beast, for the record...

* My player of the game: Angelo Crowell. A sack and a huge interception late in the second quarter--to me, that was the play of the game.

* For 60 minutes, I forgot Takeo Spikes was a Buffalo Bill. Thats how GOOD our defense looked today. If he gets back healthy, thats a HUGE lift to this team.

* Whitner played good, and Ko Simpson played GREAT. This guy is a ****ing STEAL I cant believe he lasted til the fourth round. He just has a nose for the ball. nice sack today and had a fumble recovery (that was reversed). Also has a couple nice licks, and Whitner is a very steady tackler. This safety tandem is going to be the **** in this league once they learn more..

* Is Duante Culpepper really that ****ty or did we make him look ****ty? I was PRAYING he DIDNT get hurt, cause I didnt want to see Harrington. There's about to be a controversy brewing in Miami.

* The called back touchdown aside, we didnt commit alot of stupid penalties. they were much better disciplined today.

* I agree with the most part about Jauron's handling of Losman--but at times I think they're being a little TOO conservative and predictable. Show a little more confidence in the kid to throw on first down more in a tight game in the second half. Also, JP SHOULD BE using his god given ability a little bit more-and that's his feet. I'd like to start seeing him look to take off down the field a little bit more.

* Chris Villarrial absolutely SUCKS! I Tivo the games and go back and watch line blocking.> This guy MISSED so many blocks. Seriously, we're starting all these young guys, why not let Preston play right guard. Villarrial is done as far as I'm concerned and before this year is over, he's going to get WIllis or JP hurt.

Other than that man, I dont have anything negative to say at all. This team surprised the hell out of me and turned some heads around the league with this win. I'll take 1-1 after two weeks of playing two tough divisional foes on the road. They are WELL coached and prepared to play; they have excellent chemistry and they seem to play FOR each other. While there will be some games where the other team is simply too talented for us to compete (say at Indy for example) this team will not quit and they'll be ready to compete.
While today's win doesnt necessarily excite me about prospects for this year; I have a growing faith that this football team in 1-2 years is going to be a MAJOR force to be reckoned with in this league. If JP continues to grow and we upgrade on the OL next year; look out.

PS- If your a Miami fan, I'd officially start panicking. Your QB blows and your OL is pretty pathetic.

EDS
09-17-2006, 11:54 PM
I think it is still way to early to judge this team. The defense, particularly the pass defense, has been excellent but both Brady and Culpepper are not playing up to their normal standards this year. Should be interesting next week with the way Pennington is playing.

The offensive will need a kick in the pants eventually.

Drive 4 Five
09-18-2006, 12:55 AM
Get chur roll on PEP. Get chur your roll on. All day my wife and I were doing the reverse roll. Great game today. I too forgot that Spikes was out. Crazy. The best thing about the win is that I think it will convince TKO that it's all good and this team is going places. Once he is truly healthy, watch the **** out.

rschepise
09-18-2006, 01:08 AM

The Bills played this game perfectly. The went deep early to stretch the defense, which, allowed them to pound the ball and throw the screens to Reed, Parrish, and Price. The wanted to utilize high percentage plays to keep the clock moving and shorten the game. They knew that would give them the best chance to win in the heat of Miami and they were also able to keep their defense fresh. This looks like a staff that is much more adept at game planning then last year's staff. I was very impressed with the way the staff handled the game. It wasn't that they were afraid to let Losman win the game, they wanted to do everything possible to shorten the game.

mysticsoto
09-18-2006, 08:21 AM
One more positive I'd like to add to your list, Pat...Ellison took over for TKO's spot and...frankly, I think we should give him credit. He wasn't spectacular in making plays, but what is more important is that he didn't give up any or become a liability!!! I think he deserves credit for that...