PDA

View Full Version : Is Culpepper that bad or is our pass D that good?

OpIv37
09-17-2006, 10:23 PM
It seemed to me that on a lot of plays today, Daunte had at least some time to throw but he couldn't make a play.

It's hard to tell from the angles they use on TV- was our pass D that good that no one was open, or was Culpepper just not making good reads? Or was it both?

All in all, I have to say it was a tremendous effort by the D all around. I'm just wondering if we can count on this kind of performance week in and week out from our D, or if Daunte did us some favors.

Thoughts?

PS I still think Tim Anderson sucks.

BAM
09-17-2006, 10:27 PM
I think our Pass D was pretty damn good last week too. I don't think it's a fluke! Miami's O-Line isn't the greatest but SEVEN sacks against anyone in the league is incredible.

Billscusey
09-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I don't think the D-line was a slouch today at all!

Philagape
09-17-2006, 10:32 PM
The INT was a gift, and he's always had fumbleitis, but the pass rush was pretty wicked on its own.

jmb1099
09-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Haven't had a chance to watch it again, but it seemed like two things:
1) Culpeppers mental game is off
2) The speed of our db's scared him green

EDS
09-17-2006, 11:51 PM
I think he may just be that bad. Amazing how players go from great to terrible in such a short period of time.

Meathead
09-17-2006, 11:55 PM
he appeared to lose his confidence early. his repeated use of that huddle up signal seemed to show to me he was trying to convince himself he was the leader when he wasnt playing like it

he was also clearly limping when he tried to run away from pressure. i saw later that london said thats not the same dante he knew

hes certainly in a major slump here going back to last season. he was so tremendously good in the other years that i cant imagine it was all moss so i expect him to come back pretty strong. i hope im wrong

Drive 4 Five
09-18-2006, 12:39 AM
I remember on one particular play, "PEP" read the blitz perfectly, which was coming right through the middle, he calmly surveyed the field, found nothing, and then at the last second he turns to his left to look for the outlet reciever (RB) and there was nothing there for him. He ended up on his back again.

mysticsoto
09-18-2006, 08:29 AM
It seemed to me that on a lot of plays today, Daunte had at least some time to throw but he couldn't make a play.

It's hard to tell from the angles they use on TV- was our pass D that good that no one was open, or was Culpepper just not making good reads? Or was it both?

All in all, I have to say it was a tremendous effort by the D all around. I'm just wondering if we can count on this kind of performance week in and week out from our D, or if Daunte did us some favors.

Thoughts?

PS I still think Tim Anderson sucks.

I think I saw a few angles where all the WRs were completely covered. I think we had a great pass defense last year and this year it's even better!!! I think credit should go to our D. The D-line wasn't exactly giving Culpepper loads of time either. Either they were sacking him, making him move, or going around/behind him so that he didn't know when they'd be coming and that made him nervous and jittery. His resultant play was the outcome of the pressure that was put on him and the outstanding coverage!!!