• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

10 things I know

10 things I know (I think?)

1. Our defense is really good without TKO and 4 rookies.
    2. Clements sucks!
    3. Losman is being handled very well.
    4. We need to get our WR's and TE more invovled.
    5. This team is starting to remind me of the Ravens in 2000!
    6. If we can limit our turnovers, run the ball like we did today and continue to play defense like the first 2 games we could have a shot a the playoffs.
    7. Number 5 is a BIG if!
    8. Culpepper is Not healthy enough to be playing.
    9. If Miami doesn't make the switch to Harrington it will be a long season in Miami!
    10. Even if they do make the switch it could be a long season!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: 10 things I know

Originally posted by kgun12
    6. If we can limit our turnovers, run the ball like we did today and continue to play defense like the first 2 games we could have a shot a the playoffs.
    This is the key so far. 0 turnovers so far. This is crucial considering we dont have a great team for coming from behind. JP has made leaps and bounds from last year. He takes sacks that are alright to take, and hes not making bad throws under pressure trying to make something happen....Or maybe its just the fact we got rid of Mularkey and his dumb ass play calls.

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
      This is the key so far. 0 turnovers so far. This is a necessity considering we dont have a great team for coming from behind. JP has made leaps and bounds from last year. He takes sacks that are alright to take, and hes not making bad throws under pressure trying to make something happen....Or maybe its just the fact we got rid of Mularkey and his dumb ass play calls.
      I was going to add 11. Thank God Mularkey is their Offensive coordinator, but I thought that was to obvious!
      Last edited by kgun12; 09-18-2006, 12:42 AM.
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
        • May 2003

Nate Clements does suck. I wouldn't say he is a liability at this point but everytime there is a big play he seems to be on the receiving end of it. I like the run support by Nate though. I hope he will improve over the course of the season but as of right now, I am relieved Levy had only given him a one year contract.

Comment

• sba
          • Dec 2004

Nate has given up like 3 catches all year.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
            • May 2003

Originally posted by sba
            Seriously? Man it just feels like he is always getting burned. Like when McDaniel caught that one pass on him early, Nate was falling all over himself trying to keep up.

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sba
              I don't think he is worth $7 million plus. I look at his play at the end of last year and what he has done or hasn't done. The money could be much better spent!
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

I don't think he is worth $7 million plus. I look at his play at the end of last year and what he has done or hasn't done. The money could be much better spent!
                Keep in mind, he's always going to get stuck on the opponents best receiver, in a position that the league has set up to fail, so I think he's doing okay.

This is a solid, well prepared football team, but they still have a long way to go, so I wouldn't get carried away with playoff talk just yet.

However, while the experts were saying 3-13, I was saying that there is way too much talent here to finish with only three wins. That's showing right now.

It looks to me as if this group simply needed better coaching to pull it all together.

EE and I were saying all along that DJ was a very good coach, in a very bad situation in Chicago. Any Jauron doubters now?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I would add an 11th, and that is our O line is going to have to improve in order for JP to be able to do throw the ball consistently. They gave him so little time so often yesterday that I'm amazed he didn't get sacked more, or commit a turnover.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

Billsology that's why I wrote:

7. Number 5 is a BIG if!

I think the O-line is the weekness on the team right now!
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

10 things I know (I think?)

5. This team is starting to remind me of the Ravens in 2000!
                      Excellent post. The fact that I agreed with 9 out of 10 is pretty impressive. However, this team is more like the 1980 Bills. A team under first year coach, Chuck Knox, that was "rebuilding" and finished 11-5. More likely than SB. But I like the optimism.

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Billsology
                        EE and I were saying all along that DJ was a very good coach, in a very bad situation in Chicago. Any Jauron doubters now?
                        I've been saying that all along too. DJ is one heck of a coach and his players go all out for him. The Chicago situation was a mutiny starting from the top and Detroit is well... Detroit.

I'm not too worried about the O-line like most of you. They will progress as the season goes on and they faced two of the better D-lines in the league already.

Comment

• jmb1099
                          • Sep 2004

Losman is finally being managed the same way Rothlisberger was his first couple of years. Its about time.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jmb1099
                            Losman is finally being managed the same way Rothlisberger was his first couple of years. Its about time.
                            Yep, couldn't have said it better myself!!

Comment

Working...
                            X