PDA

View Full Version : The So-Called Experts! Let 'em eat crow!

Ebenezer
09-18-2006, 01:47 AM
Well these 8 dunderheads obviously weren't at the head of their classes.

ublinkwescore
09-18-2006, 01:51 AM
You sound surprised...

Night Train
09-18-2006, 04:06 AM
Lifetime members of Nick Sabans Neil and Bob Club.

Ebenezer
09-18-2006, 04:09 AM
even Jaworski? what a turn coat...I don't know if I have ever heard him say anything nice about Buffalo.

YardRat
09-18-2006, 04:46 AM
Jaworski played for Miami.

jmb1099
09-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Well these 8 dunderheads obviously weren't at the head of their classes.
I can't remember when I've seen the media, the entire media, sell a team so short as they have the bills this year. Normally one or two guys will go against the flow, but all these guys...man!
Eating crow is a start, they really ought to eat poop

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Guys, We still deserve the non respect. We played NE hard, won in Miami, but thats just two games. Put together two SEASONS of damn good play....Then we can ***** about getting press or not.

Two games doesn't replace 6 years of futility.

Night Train
09-18-2006, 08:48 AM
I can't remember when I've seen the media, the entire media, sell a team so short as they have the bills this year. Normally one or two guys will go against the flow, but all these guys...man!
Eating crow is a start, they really ought to eat poop

I don't think it's so much selling the Bills short. We're still a team in trasition, with the look of 5-8 wins. The media wasn't going to say anything positive until we proved it on the field. I LOVE the direction we're headed and Marv,Jauron and Co. are doing a great job so far. It's still a work in progress and I refuse to ride the weekly emotional roller coaster.

I DO have a problem with the media falling all over Nick Saban, demanding we all bow to his genius. :hail: Belichick, he is NOT.

Jeff1220
09-18-2006, 08:51 AM
Guys, We still deserve the non respect. We played NE hard, won in Miami, but thats just two games. Put together two SEASONS of damn good play....Then we can ***** about getting press or not.

Two games doesn't replace 6 years of futility.

Sad but true.

NoodlearmchadforMVP
09-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Yea, these experts are awful, I never listen to them. And i usually outpick them every week. And just to let all you bills fans know, I picked them this week against the Phins!

casdhf
09-18-2006, 08:53 AM
They don't dog the 49ers this way!

billsburgh
09-18-2006, 09:07 AM
all of these so called "experts" will be jumping on the band wagon pretty soon if the team keeps playing like it has the first two games.

Saratoga Slim
09-18-2006, 09:09 AM
I don't think it's so much selling the Bills short. We're still a team in trasition, with the look of 5-8 wins. The media wasn't going to say anything positive until we proved it on the field. I LOVE the direction we're headed and Marv,Jauron and Co. are doing a great job so far. It's still a work in progress and I refuse to ride the weekly emotional roller coaster.

Absolutely. I still fully expect to lose a goodly number of games this year, especially since our offense has a somewhat precarious feel too it. And we still have some holes to fill. That said, what I've seen in both the NE and Miami games is EXACTLY what I've been hoping to see out of this season--a strong indication that things are headed in a positive direction.

At the outset, I can't say enough about our draft class at this point in time. name another team in the league that's getting as immediate a contribution from 5 of their first 6 picks.

Also, I feel good about the playcalling to date. The offense didn't put up big numbers or look particularly impressive, but Fairchild did a great job of sticking to the run and eating up the clock in the second half. No boneheaded calls, just did what it took to keep the lead and get a W.

On defense, I don't think there's much left to say about Fewell's game plan. Miami looked absolutely clueless, which never fails to bring tears of joy to my eyes.

I'll remain in the "cautiously optimistic" camp for a 4-5 more games, but my initial vibe is that we have some solid coaches and some outstanding young talent. Fingers crossed that it continues.