PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo's baby-faced D outplays Miami's 'contender'

ublinkwescore
09-18-2006, 01:50 AM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9666800

MIAMI -- As Buffalo Bills rookie safety Donte Whitner sat at his locker Sunday following his team's impressive 16-6 road victory over the Miami Dolphins, 81-year-old team owner Ralph Wilson sidled over with a message.

"They said we took you too high," Wilson said. "I don't think so."

Whitner's face lit up, as you would expect when the man who signs the checks pays you a compliment. "Thank you, sir," Whitner said. "I'm just trying to prove them wrong."

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2006, 08:01 AM
That is pretty cool!!

Jeff1220
09-18-2006, 08:31 AM
I especially liked these two parts:

"How salty do you think Mularkey would have been if they had been shut out?" Bills left tackle Mike Gandy asked Bills right tackle Jason Peters in the locker room after the game

"Pretty salty," Peters said.
Gandy/Peters :haha: MM
This hints that maybe the players really didn't like Mularkey all that much, if they are openly mocking him now.

What has to be disturbing for the Dolphins is that most of the Bills sacks came from their four-man front. They did mix in a blitz or two -- Simpson had a sack on a safety blitz -- but mostly the four up front beat the Dolphins offensive line.
:clap: With all of the big plays that have been given up due to excessive blitzing, it's great to see this team finally starting to generate pressure from their front 4. This has been one of the #1 criticisms of the Bills' D under Jerry Gray :clap:

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2006, 08:32 AM
I love our Defense!!!

Saratoga Slim
09-18-2006, 08:53 AM
I do too. It's only week two, but I am already sold on our draft class. In Marv we trust baby!! this D is going to probably have some stumbles related to youth, but the talent and poise of these young guys is very obvious. they're going to be formidable by the end of the season

Patti120
09-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Not to rain on anyone's parade here but while the defenese looked good Sunday and shows a lot of promise, keep in mind that Miami's line sucks and we got torched by the Pats who have a solid line in the first game. The holes were huge in that game.

Mahdi
09-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Not to rain on anyone's parade here but while the defenese looked good Sunday and shows a lot of promise, keep in mind that Miami's line sucks and we got torched by the Pats who have a solid line in the first game. The holes were huge in that game.
Torched??? I wouldnt say that the Pats torched us, it was a tight game and they made a couple of plays that made the difference not to mention terrible calls by the officials. The only thing I would say that didnt go well in that game was the run defense, but that was improved against the dolphins, and should only get better.

SquishDaFish
09-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Took words out of my mouth Mahdi

ublinkwescore
09-18-2006, 07:02 PM
We should have had at least 2 more first hands in the Pats game - for roughing Brian Moorman.