PDA

View Full Version : The Word Is Out In The Media - Bills Getting Better

Night Train
09-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Lenny P - ESPN
There aren't a whole lot of coaches in the league doing a better job in the early going than Dick Jauron of the Buffalo Bills. If the Buffalo offense can score some points, the Bills might steal a few wins in 2006. Defensive coordinator Perry Fewell has done a nice job and, obviously, isn't afraid to get the team's young players on the field. And Bobby April continues to be one of the NFL's elite special teams coaches.

Don Banks - CNNSI
The Bills' Coy Wire blocked a punt late in the third quarter, setting up Buffalo's clinching score in its 16-6 upset of the Dolphins. Does anybody do special teams like the Bills, with their Bobby April-coached kick and coverage units?

Pete Prisco- CBS Sportsline

The Bills drafted Dante Whitner with the eighth overall pick of the April draft, and when they did, eyes opened wide around the league. How in the heck could a team in need of so much take a safety from Ohio State in the first round?
Two games in, we're starting to see why. Whitner had seven tackles against the Dolphins, but he also did a great job in coordinating the defense, calling signals from the back. He has the look of a future Pro Bowl player already and clearly isn't awed by the situation.
He is one of five rookies who contributed to the defense against the Dolphins. Two others were also starters. In addition to Whitner, Ko Simpson started at free safety and linebacker Keith Ellison started at weak-side linebacker for injured Takeo Spikes. Rookie defensive tackles John McGargo, another first-round pick, and Kyle Williams also saw substantial playing time in rotation.
Who the heck are these guys? If they didn't blow a lead at New England last week, they'd really be saying it.

:dance:

clumping platelets
09-18-2006, 07:52 AM
:cp:

HHURRICANE
09-18-2006, 07:53 AM
AWESOME!!

Marv Levy, what a draft!!

Jauron, the level head we've been looking for.

Dont drink the water
09-18-2006, 11:08 AM
:dance:

Thanks! :clap:

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 11:11 AM
I even heard the ultimate Bills hater Randy Cross on Sirius saying that the Bills drafted "really well" the other day.

What a 180 from just a couple of months ago, when he laughed at us screwing up the draft.

EAT CROW ALL YOU MEDIA BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

BAM
09-18-2006, 11:27 AM
I even heard the ultimate Bills hater Randy Cross on Sirius saying that the Bills drafted "really well" the other day.

What a 180 from just a couple of months ago, when he laughed at us screwing up the draft.

Great post this is one of the highlights of the season so far.

Night Train
09-18-2006, 11:29 AM

Peter King reluctantly gave us props today. We're still a work in progress but the " worst talent in the NFL " and " Draft grade of F " people are suddenly dead silent.

Carlton Bailey
09-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Too bad Pasquarelli is wrong. The Bills won't steal a "few" games. They'll steal far more.

DynaPaul
09-18-2006, 11:54 AM
I wonder if these knuckleheads will change their tune if we drop a few games?

carybillsfan
09-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Here's the best part of Prisco's column:

As Buffalo Bills rookie safety Donte Whitner sat at his locker Sunday following his team's impressive 16-6 road victory over the Miami Dolphins, 81-year-old team owner Ralph Wilson sidled over with a message.

"They said we took you too high," Wilson said. "I don't think so."

Whitner's face lit up, as you would expect when the man who signs the checks pays you a compliment. "Thank you, sir," Whitner said. "I'm just trying to prove them wrong."

Ralph loves beating Miami, he still remembers those dreaded years.

bigbub2352
09-18-2006, 12:00 PM
they will absolutly change there tune, devilpaul, how many of those so called experts were bashing us going in to miami, lets hope the bills can keep it going

Voltron
09-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Here's the best part of Prisco's column:

As Buffalo Bills rookie safety Donte Whitner sat at his locker Sunday following his team's impressive 16-6 road victory over the Miami Dolphins, 81-year-old team owner Ralph Wilson sidled over with a message.

"They said we took you too high," Wilson said. "I don't think so."

Whitner's face lit up, as you would expect when the man who signs the checks pays you a compliment. "Thank you, sir," Whitner said. "I'm just trying to prove them wrong."

Ralph loves beating Miami, he still remembers those dreaded years.
Love that one! :up:

Carlton Bailey
09-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Prisco's wrong about one thing: Wilson's not 81, he's 87 or 88.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Marv's 81 I think.

Michael82
09-19-2006, 01:13 AM

:snicker:

Jan Reimers
09-19-2006, 03:19 AM
What do you expect from the media? They're as shallow and transparent as Mularkey's play calling.