X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

They are easing JP in

I bet we open it up a bit in the home opener!
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: They are easing JP in

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
    The problem is we tried to go deep too early in Miami. I say just keep runing the ball, run play action, throw the medium to short routes. Then when its there BANG! Go deep

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
      The problem is we tried to go deep too early in Miami. I say just keep runing the ball, run play action, throw the medium to short routes. Then when its there BANG! Go deep
      you know, I didnt notice that at the time, but in retrospect, I think you're right. The talk from last week was how we didn't go deep enough against NE's secondary, and thus I think everyone was expecting the few we tried in Miami. they needed to be set up a little better maybe, get the defense cheating up before you try to beat em long.

that said, how fast is Lee Evans--did you see Will Allen trying to keep up on that long one where he eventually got called for pass interference when he fell on the back of Evans' legs? Ha! That was actually a spot-on pass by JP too, I think it would have caught Lee in stride if he hadn't been tripped up.
      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
        you know, I didnt notice that at the time, but in retrospect, I think you're right. The talk from last week was how we didn't go deep enough against NE's secondary, and thus I think everyone was expecting the few we tried in Miami. they needed to be set up a little better maybe, get the defense cheating up before you try to beat em long.

that said, how fast is Lee Evans--did you see Will Allen trying to keep up on that long one where he eventually got called for pass interference when he fell on the back of Evans' legs? Ha! That was actually a spot-on pass by JP too, I think it would have caught Lee in stride if he hadn't been tripped up.
        The funny thing is, I heard the announcer (or an analyst...can't remember) say that they wondered if Will Allen really tripped or if he was just exhausted and his legs gave out from trying to keep up with the speedy Evans...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

It's tough to go deep when Miami's safeties are 40 yards off of the line of scrimmage.

Comment

• jmb1099
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
            It's tough to go deep when Miami's safeties are 40 yards off of the line of scrimmage.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
              The funny thing is, I heard the announcer (or an analyst...can't remember) say that they wondered if Will Allen really tripped or if he was just exhausted and his legs gave out from trying to keep up with the speedy Evans...
              !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                Thurmanator, do you want to pay me now or later? lol

Comment

• jmb1099
                  • Sep 2004

They are easing him in Rothlisberger style. We should see it opened up against the Jets at home, but if we can ground and pound our way to the play offs I could care less. If what we're really doing is finally building a "team" then I'm all for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X