PDA

View Full Version : The #1 thing that is sticking out to me on Defense.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 08:37 AM
MUCH Better tackleing. When a guy gets there he usually makes the tackle or ties the guy up enough his buddies finish the job. I love seeing that.

One play that stuck out was Ko's Sack on dante. With about 5-7 yard gap, Ko was like a heat seeking missile. Dante tried to move but he had no shot. It was a direct line to center mass and down goes dante. In the past we would have whiffed on that and the QB makes a play.

I will say this, we are FAR from being there yet, and we will have some horrible games (all teams do) but I am feeling much better about the team.

My request is this, lets try this season to take it for what it is, a rebuilding year. Lets try not to get too high or too low. Those kids (rookies) are going to make mistakes. JP, Evans (yesterday), Schobel, Spikes etal will make some too being in a new system. So lets let the season play out. I feel we will be VERY pumped at the thoughts of what 07 is going to bring!

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Agreed ICE!

jmb1099
09-18-2006, 08:45 AM
I know its hard not to get pumped after a win like this but I think you're right. A more level approach is the best but damn that was friggen awesome!!!

Spiderweb
09-18-2006, 10:35 AM
I know its hard not to get pumped after a win like this but I think you're right. A more level approach is the best but damn that was friggen awesome!!!

Are we the coaching staff, or are we fans? Maybe tempered expectations will soften the enevitable blooper games, but for many of us playoff starved Bills fans, here's to hoping for a "06" playoff run......

The conservative play is a bit of a downer, but I'll take the wins, if that what it takes with our young team....

justasportsfan
09-18-2006, 10:54 AM
well said ICe. The run game wouldn't have been that bad if we tackled properly. Wire was pushed into Brown(?) when they ran the reverse Wire missed the tackle. Would've been a 7-10 yard loss if he made the tackle.

I remember one play where Crowell had his sights on Ronnie Brown all the way but when he tried to follow Brown, Fletcher was in the way in the middle of a pile, so he pushed Fletcher out of the way which resulted in Fletcher being in front of Brown but missed the tackle :ill:

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 11:10 AM
well said ICe. The run game wouldn't have been that bad if we tackled properly. Wire was pushed into Brown(?) when they ran the reverse Wire missed the tackle. Would've been a 7-10 yard loss if he made the tackle.

I remember one play where Crowell had his sights on Ronnie Brown all the way but when he tried to follow Brown, Fletcher was in the way in the middle of a pile, so he pushed Fletcher out of the way which resulted in Fletcher being in front of Brown but missed the tackle :ill:

Agreed, we are still getting the basics down. Once we do and the damn OL shores up...we are going to be very competitive.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 11:11 AM

Agreed, we are still getting the basics down. Once we do and the damn OL shores up...we are going to be very competitive.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 11:11 AM

HHURRICANE
09-18-2006, 11:22 AM
This is 9-7 season at best!! This team is being coached well but this is a very, very, young team.

Pats - L
Phins - W
Jets - W
Vikings - coin flip
Bears - L
Detroit - W
Pats - L
Green Bay - W
Colts - L
Texans - W
Jags - L
Chargers - L
Jets - W
Miami - W
Titans - W
Ravens - L

This is tough schedule but 9-7 possible, 11-5 Miracle, 7-9 conceivable.