PDA

View Full Version : We dont deserve respect yet.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 09:31 AM
So can we stop with the whining 'we still get no respect in the media' posts?

We dont' deserve it. What have we done? Played tough in NE and won a game in Miami. Big deal. We have over 6 years of playing crap football to over come. We don't deserve spit yet.

If we do well (8-8 to 9-7) this year you will see the press start giving us recognition slowly. We make some good OL FA moves (and maybe a true #2 WR) and do well in the draft, you will see a little more. We make the playoffs in 07 and you can bet your ass we will get tons of press.

Personally I love being the underdog. I love no one respecting us. It keeps that team hungry to succeed. I also like being under the radar and seeing morons like Saban underestimate us.

We will get respect when we earn it. Two games doesn't erase 6 years.

mysticsoto
09-18-2006, 09:34 AM
So can we stop with the whining 'we still get no respect in the media' posts?

We dont' deserve it. What have we done? Played tough in NE and won a game in Miami. Big deal. We have over 6 years of playing crap football to over come. We don't deserve spit yet.

If we do well (8-8 to 9-7) this year you will see the press start giving us recognition slowly. We make some good OL FA moves (and maybe a true #2 WR) and do well in the draft, you will see a little more. We make the playoffs in 07 and you can bet your ass we will get tons of press.

Personally I love being the underdog. I love no one respecting us. It keeps that team hungry to succeed. I also like being under the radar and seeing morons like Saban underestimate us.

We will get respect when we earn it. Two games doesn't erase 6 years.

Why not? New Orleans was getting all kinds of respect in the pre-game and everyone picked them to win over GB easily and by a blowout. NO has had 1 game where they played pretty well. So...with the addition of Reggie Bush, that all of a sudden makes them a fantastic team? They barely beat GB!!! If they can get respect in 1 year, we should be able to also...

If our D shows up this coming week again against the Jets, like it did for Miami, those analysts better start talking about our D!!!

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Why not? New Orleans was getting all kinds of respect in the pre-game and everyone picked them to win over GB easily and by a blowout. NO has had 1 game where they played pretty well. So...with the addition of Reggie Bush, that all of a sudden makes them a fantastic team? They barely beat GB!!! If they can get respect in 1 year, we should be able to also...

If our D shows up this coming week again against the Jets, like it did for Miami, those analysts better start talking about our D!!!

NO gets it for two reasons only, 2) Reggie bush butt kissing, and 1) Because of catrina. the NFL is going to media push the hell outta NO for the next year at least

Mudflap1
09-18-2006, 09:46 AM
ICE, you are 100% correct. Buffalo is a blip on the map that has been out of the spotlight for years. We need to demonstrate that we are going to win on a consistent basis to earn respect. New Orleans has Bush, who is as high-profile of a rookie as they come, and they have the country rooting for them to an extent after Katrina. They are going to get more press right now.

Jon

Spiderweb
09-18-2006, 09:48 AM
The signing, and the play of Brees may also have a hand in this as well.

BillsFever21
09-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Why do some people get so affected about what an anylast says or doesn't say about our team? Who the hell cares. Their opinion doesn't mean anymore then the homeless guy on the street who watches the game at Radio Shack from the outside window.

BillsFever21
09-18-2006, 10:09 AM
New Orleans is getting attention because of Katrina. A lot of people are rooting for them and want them to succeed. They wanna hear about them.

If Katrina would've never happened then nobody would care. Also, they are 2-0. If we were 2-0 I gurantee you the media would be talking about us too.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Why do some people get so affected about what an anylast says or doesn't say about our team? Who the hell cares. Their opinion doesn't mean anymore then the homeless guy on the street who watches the game at Radio Shack from the outside window.

Agreed. Hey we win the superbowl I don't care if they say we played the weakest teams blah blah blah. Bottom line is we would hold the lombardi trophy and I would finally have an excuse to buy a sports illustrated Post superbowl team DVD/ collection