PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'm sold on Whitner.

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Everyone needs to apologize to Marv. Stat.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 09:52 AM
I never said it was a bad pick.

But yes I'm sold on Whitner too. :up:

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 10:12 AM

No. I will appologise a couple to three years from now when he has performed at this level or better consistantly for a few years. THEN is when you determine if a draft/ draft pick was good.

Does he look good so far? Sure, but was it him or Ko that gave up that TD over the middle? The kid still has a ways to go

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 10:13 AM
No. I will appologise a couple to three years from now when he has performed at this level or better consistantly for a few years.
Not sure if Ralph will still be around in three years. :(

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Not sure if Ralph will still be around in three years. :(

dude with his health issues, I say next year is a reach. But EE did say appologise to marv.

OpIv37
09-18-2006, 10:16 AM
No. I will appologise a couple to three years from now when he has performed at this level or better consistantly for a few years. THEN is when you determine if a draft/ draft pick was good.

Does he look good so far? Sure, but was it him or Ko that gave up that TD over the middle? The kid still has a ways to go

I think it was him but I'm not sure. Either way, he came right back and knocked away the ball on the 2 pt attempt. So at least he recovered and didn't get phased by the mistake.

I never thought Whitner was a bad player- the debate was over the manner in which he was acquired. But if he continues to play well, it's irrelevant.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2006, 10:17 AM

Do they have a Ways to go or just a little bit to go?

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2006, 10:18 AM

Take a step back Ice.

You crticize one of those kids for making one mistake, but when somebody criticizes JP for making one mistake, you get kinda testy.

Mistakes happen. Whitner is not only starting, but callng the defense out there as well. He is exceeding any reasonable expectations.

This guy will be a star.

And EE, not everybody needs to apologize to Marv.

LtBillsFan66
09-18-2006, 10:18 AM
I don't need to apologize. I liked the pick.

BillsFever21
09-18-2006, 10:19 AM
He's played good for a rookie but it's not like he's been lights out and like Ed Reed. If he continues to progress then he could be a great player.

He got beat a lot against the Patriots last week that lead to us blowing the lead. For a rookie he's looked pretty good so far though.

John McCargo hasn't done squat so far though. Just like with Whitner though it's too early to tell. A career isn't made in 2 games.

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2006, 10:23 AM
McCargo might never put up big numbers. That is not his role.

Meathead
09-18-2006, 11:55 AM
what we white man

L.A. Playa
09-18-2006, 11:56 AM
what we white man

???

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 12:07 PM
I think it was him but I'm not sure. Either way, he came right back and knocked away the ball on the 2 pt attempt. So at least he recovered and didn't get phased by the mistake.

I never thought Whitner was a bad player- the debate was over the manner in which he was acquired. But if he continues to play well, it's irrelevant.
Hey the only gripe I think any of us had was WHERE he was picked. But like I said I want to see how he is in about 2 more years. I think the kid will be all pro, but time will tell

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 12:07 PM
dude with his health issues, I say next year is a reach. But EE did say appologise to marv.
Oh yeah, Marv is much younger. :::

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 12:08 PM
He's played good for a rookie but it's not like he's been lights out and like Ed Reed. If he continues to progress then he could be a great player.

He got beat a lot against the Patriots last week that lead to us blowing the lead. For a rookie he's looked pretty good so far though.

John McCargo hasn't done squat so far though. Just like with Whitner though it's too early to tell. A career isn't made in 2 games.

Yeah but Reed wasn't 'Ed Reed' until later in his rookie year. Even Ed took a few games or more to get up to speed.

mybills
09-18-2006, 12:16 PM
Take a step back Ice.

You crticize one of those kids for making one mistake, but when somebody criticizes JP for making one mistake, you get kinda testy.

"kinda"? :rofl:

TigerJ
09-18-2006, 12:19 PM
I don't need to apologize.

ublinkwescore
09-18-2006, 12:34 PM
I don't need to apologize either - I don't follow college football really, so I have no valid input regarding the issue of where he was picked, and whether he could have been acquired by us if we traded down.

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Hey the only gripe I think any of us had was WHERE he was picked. But like I said I want to see how he is in about 2 more years. I think the kid will be all pro, but time will tell
Who cares where he was picked? The kid is a player.

HHURRICANE
09-18-2006, 12:38 PM

Dude, I'm one of the fan's that agreed with your posts on the draft. I still don't like the McCargo pick. But suck it up and admit that Whitner was a good call. This 3 year thing is pretty gay. Come on.

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2006, 12:44 PM
I didn't say anything about McCargo. Ice can apply his three year rule to him. I don't care.

I like Whitner. :up:

ublinkwescore
09-18-2006, 12:48 PM
wow, are you taking your meds today EE?

You actually made a good post and brought something to the table.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Dude, I'm one of the fan's that agreed with your posts on the draft. I still don't like the McCargo pick. But suck it up and admit that Whitner was a good call. This 3 year thing is pretty gay. Come on.

Whitner hasn't done anything yet, lets be serious. in 2-3 years we will know if we have the real deal or not.

ublinkwescore
09-18-2006, 12:56 PM
In 2-3 years, everyone will be saying stuff like... "well did you expect him to get worse?" Of course not - he's only going to get better and better - wait til they address the O-line next year.

Tatonka
09-18-2006, 01:29 PM
all i know is i already ordered my whitner authentic jersey before training camp was over. i had to have henry taken off and switched, but that cost me 30 bucks and the jersey was 45.. not bad for an authentic.

i love the kid already.

if that pick for a TD would have counted and we beat the pats because of it, the kid would be a god in buffalo already.

Tatonka
09-18-2006, 01:29 PM
wow, are you taking your meds today EE?

You actually made a good post and brought something to the table.

:rofl:

YardRat
09-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Whitner hasn't done anything yet, lets be serious. in 2-3 years we will know if we have the real deal or not.

:roflmao:

Stop it. You're killing me. Really. :rofl:

Saratoga Slim
09-18-2006, 01:41 PM

didn't Fewell say that a LB blew the coverage on that one? granted, the safety is supposed to be there just in case a coverage gets blown, but I don't think it was straight up Whitner or Simpson's fault

DBrown77
09-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Now when Bowen is back do you think they will start him instead? I hope not, keep Whitner in until he proves otherwise

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 01:48 PM
:roflmao:

Stop it. You're killing me. Really. :rofl: Its fact. Its funny to me how everyone is saying this guy is the real deal and he has only played in 2 games. There is no way to know yet.

BillsFever21
09-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah but Reed wasn't 'Ed Reed' until later in his rookie year. Even Ed took a few games or more to get up to speed.

I realize that. Some our already acting like he's Ed Reed though.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 03:38 PM
I realize that. Some our already acting like he's Ed Reed though.

I agree And he very well may be the next Ed reed or better. We will have a better idea at the end of the 07 season and there is no getting around it.

HHURRICANE
09-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Look nobody is saying that Canton is calling for any of the rookies but when you have 5 rookies playing and you hold a team to 6 points you are doing something right. I watched the game and Whitner played better than Milloy would have.

Ko Simpson is playing well and he's a 4th rounder. Hell we couldn't get our 4th pick to play as a starter.

I think we can say that the draft class looks pretty good at this point. Yep, I don't own a crystal ball and they might all implode by week 7, but I doubt it.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Look nobody is saying that Canton is calling for any of the rookies but when you have 5 rookies playing and you hold a team to 6 points you are doing something right. I watched the game and Whitner played better than Milloy would have.

Ko Simpson is playing well and he's a 4th rounder. Hell we couldn't get our 4th pick to play as a starter.

I think we can say that the draft class looks pretty good at this point. Yep, I don't own a crystal ball and they might all implode by week 7, but I doubt it.

I will be sold on Whitner in time. The end of the 07 season most likely.

BillsOwnAll
09-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Does he look good so far? Sure, but was it him or Ko that gave up that TD over the middle? The kid still has a ways to goSheesh man he shuts people down 2 weeks ina row and lets up one play and your gonna complain? Everyone lets up a TD now and then that doesnt make em awful And watch that play again it was more of a perfect throw/catch then bad def.

justasportsfan
09-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Whitner hasn't done anything yet, lets be serious. in 2-3 years we will know if we have the real deal or not.You should've said, "let's wait three years before I blast that pick" :rolleyes:

let's compare him to the ones you wanted. Ngata has one INt, so does Whitner. Whitner would've had a TD if the refs didn't blow that call. . Otherwise the rest of the DT's you wanted hasn't done squat. Kyle Williams has had better nos. than Bunkley or ngata . Suck it up.

Kerr
09-18-2006, 05:38 PM
didn't Fewell say that a LB blew the coverage on that one? granted, the safety is supposed to be there just in case a coverage gets blown, but I don't think it was straight up Whitner or Simpson's fault

Whitner admitted to blowing the coverage when chambers scored the TD. He was dissapointed because he wanted the shutout. Whitner has played like a first rounder and has exceeded expectations.

Earthquake Enyart
09-19-2006, 07:12 AM
Sorry Ice. I'm giving the go ahead for the new wing at Canton.

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2006, 07:13 AM
I will be sold on Whitner in time. The end of the 07 season most likely.

Why are you sold on JP after one season (obviously the 'rookie' season does not count), but say Whitner will take 2-3 years?

Historian
09-19-2006, 07:19 AM
Who cares where he was picked? The kid is a player.

I agree with you Quake...the kid is a player, a real spark plug.

But my question is...how is it that every other team in the league's scouts were wrong about him? Was he injured in college or something?

justasportsfan
09-19-2006, 07:21 AM

But my question is...how is it that every other team in the league's scouts were wrong about him? Was he injured in college or something?
here's another. would we have taken him over Huff? :idunno: Not saying he'll be better than HUff but he sure is playing better now.

Earthquake Enyart
09-19-2006, 07:28 AM

He probably ran a 4.5 at the combine and Huff ran a 4.49 or some crap like that.

Kenny
09-19-2006, 07:44 AM
I'll be one of the first to eat crow then... I remember throwing the remote when I heard that pick.

Great Job Marv & Co.!!!!:clap:

Historian
09-19-2006, 07:50 AM
I'll be one of the first to eat crow then... I remember throwing the remote when I heard that pick.

Great Job Marv & Co.!!!!:clap:

:rofl:

You know what I like about him?

This guy is one heck of a hitter, no doubt....but his best attribute is that he's not in awe out there. He's not afraid to lay the lumber to a veteran player.

And he keeps his mouth shut about it. He just goes out and plays.

...just like what Marv wants out of a player. :up:

mybills
09-19-2006, 08:08 AM
:rofl: @ EE's Canton wing! :bf1: