PDA

View Full Version : IT'S UP!

Gunzlingr
09-18-2006, 09:55 AM
MMQB
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/18/mmqb.9.18/index.html

Gunzlingr
09-18-2006, 09:59 AM
No mention of changing his name, but he has moved the Bills to the top 15 (#13)

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 10:01 AM
I think he usually answers his mail bag on the Tuesday Edition?

Gunzlingr
09-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Maybe he will have something in his Tuesday edition.

Gunzlingr
09-18-2006, 10:02 AM
I think he usually answers his mail bag on the Tuesday Edition?

Great minds think alike.

PcA125
09-18-2006, 10:02 AM
:clap: "The Bills Could Be a Contender"

Night Train
09-18-2006, 10:05 AM
No mention of Shirley Temple.

Meow.

Carlton Bailey
09-18-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm stunned he put us ahead of the Giants. This season is going great so far, and will keep getting better. This team reminds me of the Sabres. They're young, don't listen to outside predictions, and just play as hard as they can and let the chips fall where they may. I love it.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 10:06 AM
LMAO what a suckup now. Come on, man up and change your name

justasportsfan
09-18-2006, 10:10 AM
If you ask me, I'd rather have Troy on the bills WOF over Moulds. Maybe we can petition the guy to stay. :idunno:

"Troy Vincent, who got put on injured-reserve last week (even though he has only a two-week hamstring injury), studied the Bills with his mates all week. "Daunte's nowhere near as mobile as he used to be,'' Vincent told me. "And he's staring down his receivers. He gets a quick read, then he locks onto his guy. We knew if we could get to him consistently, he wouldn't be able to make the plays he wanted to.''

Carlton Bailey
09-18-2006, 10:13 AM
If you ask me, I'd rather have Troy on the bills WOF over Moulds. Maybe we can petition the guy to stay. :idunno:

"Troy Vincent, who got put on injured-reserve last week (even though he has only a two-week hamstring injury), studied the Bills with his mates all week. "Daunte's nowhere near as mobile as he used to be,'' Vincent told me. "And he's staring down his receivers. He gets a quick read, then he locks onto his guy. We knew if we could get to him consistently, he wouldn't be able to make the plays he wanted to.''

Hire him to coach after he retires. I'm sure coach DJ would love having him.

Kerr
09-18-2006, 10:13 AM
I thought he would refer to himself as shirley temple in his column.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Tomorrow in the Tuesday Edition is when he answers emails I think. Look for it then.

LtBillsFan66
09-18-2006, 10:32 AM
In eight quarters, Buffalo has not allowed a rushing touchdown and has 10 sacks and at least 12 additional quarterback pressures. Fletcher credits new defensive coordinator Perry Fewell's system. "Nothing against coach [Jerry] Gray's scheme, but there was so much in it,'' Fletcher said. "This is simpler. Not as much to think about, more reacting than thinking. It lets us cut loose and get to the quarterback.''

:bf1:

northernbillfan
09-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Buffalo might be a contender and adds: The Bills' defense is playoff-caliber.

No mention of the e-mail storm he has received the past 24 hours, but he has changed his tune, for now...

His Bills bit is on page two (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/18/mmqb.9.18/index.html)

ryjam282
09-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Well, unfortunately, I have to disagree. We are not a playoff caliber D until we stop the run consistently. We either have to stop the run up front or score some points early enough to take them out of the run game. We didn't really do that yesterday which is why I very surprised that the Fins stopped running so early. Happy, but suprised.

northernbillfan
09-18-2006, 10:48 AM
No rushing touchdowns against the team this year...

Dont drink the water
09-18-2006, 10:57 AM

Two weeks RIGHT .... and if he can back after two weeks he'd be playing wounded and would injury it again.

Voltron
09-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Two weeks RIGHT .... and if he can back after two weeks he'd be playing wounded and would injury it again.
:up:

Ham String injuries are weird. Remember when Moulds hurt his a few years back? He wasn't the same for the rest of the year! It is even more of an aggravating injury when you have played for 15 years in the pro's like Vincent did.

I am not sure if he could become a coach while he is President of the Players Union.

northernbillfan
09-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Didn't see your thread Gunz...

Meathead
09-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Well, unfortunately, I have to disagree. We are not a playoff caliber D until we stop the run consistently. We either have to stop the run up front or score some points early enough to take them out of the run game. We didn't really do that yesterday which is why I very surprised that the Fins stopped running so early. Happy, but suprised.
well it really depends

look at the defenses of the rams that went to the sb, they gave up a lot of rushing yards but they countered with a lot of sacks and tos

we wont know for a bunch more games if they can consistently do that but not being stout against the run doesnt necessarily exclude them from being a playoff caliber d