PDA

View Full Version : JETS. This is the time to let JP sling it.

justasportsfan
09-18-2006, 10:44 AM
We're playing at home. I think it's time we take more chances with the passing game. JP handled himself very well and looks to be maturing every week. IMO , now is the time we start establishing a passing game.

I am confident that our D can handle Barlow.

Thoughts?

LtBillsFan66
09-18-2006, 10:52 AM
I actually want to see more short passes. I think we tried to stretch Miami too much when we didn't need to. I'd like to see some screens and some Royal in the flat passes.

Philagape
09-18-2006, 10:54 AM
I think we're good just doing what we've been doing. Manage the game, control the clock, limit mistakes, take occasional shots downfield. Win with defense.

justasportsfan
09-18-2006, 10:59 AM
I think we're good just doing what we've been doing. Manage the game, control the clock, limit mistakes, take occasional shots downfield. Win with defense.
I'm confident that JP has got his checkdowns. On one play he read a blitz but Evans didn't read it which resulted on a inc. Right after that play JP was running to the sidelines and Holcomb was there to meet him with a high five obviously telling him , he made the right read.

Eventually we're gonna need JP to be a weapon and not just a caretaker. I think the jets are the team to do it against.

OpIv37
09-18-2006, 11:01 AM

I am confident that our D can handle Barlow.

our run D still gave up some yards to Brown, but Brown is MUCH better than Barlow and New Jersey B's rush offense looked putrid against the Pats. My only concern on D is tackling their receivers- NE struggled with that a little, which is what allowed NJB to get back into the game.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 11:03 AM
LMAO we are 1-1 and still haven't put up more than 17 points and can't stop the run. How about we just let JP keep doing what he is doing and keep playing competitive football.

Jesus he has 2 games under his belt trying to do what everyone asked of him, now you want him to become warren moon and chuck and duck. Baby steps. Run, playaction, short to medium routes THEN hit the deep ball. This OL can't block well enough for him to have 3-4 seconds needed to run the deep routes. Hell he gets hit on 3 and 5 step drops still!

justasportsfan
09-18-2006, 11:28 AM
our run D still gave up some yards to Brown, but Brown is MUCH better than Barlow and New Jersey B's rush offense looked putrid against the Pats. My only concern on D is tackling their receivers- NE struggled with that a little, which is what allowed NJB to get back into the game.
Like I said on a different thead. We missed a lot of tackles. Otherwise , our players are where they are suppose to be against the run,. They just didn't finsih. We're getting better though.

Philagape
09-18-2006, 11:28 AM
I don't think we'll need JP against the Jets because I don't think they're any threat to our D. It'll be another low-scoring game.

BillsNick
09-18-2006, 11:31 AM
JP's confindence is growing as we speak. That can only be good. I think that he is gonna get better every game.

BAM
09-18-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't see Pennington getting another 300+ yards this week at least.

justasportsfan
09-18-2006, 11:34 AM
I don't see Pennington getting another 300+ yards this week at least.
not if their OL can't handle our rush.