PDA

View Full Version : That Roscoe TD

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 11:05 AM
That TD pass to Roscoe was beautiful. Roscoe twisted and turned and ran like a madman. I didn't see the offensive holding that Gandy (?) was called for. Anyone else?

Dont drink the water
09-18-2006, 11:06 AM
They claimed it was a pick by Reed but Roscoe said that it was a bad call on radio.

OpIv37
I think that was the one where they called Reed for blocking the DB while the ball was still in the air. It was REALLY close- Roscoe caught the ball at almost the exact time that Reed hit the guy. Also it looks like the DB may have initiated the contact.

I like how Roscoe always makes the first man miss- but he's still not strong enough to break a tackle or big enough to go over the middle without ending up on a stretcher.

Earthquake Enyart
They called Josh Reed for offensive pass interference because he was setting a pick on the CB while the ball was in the air for Roscoe to get loose.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 11:08 AM
They called Josh Reed for offensive pass interference because he was setting a pick on the CB while the ball was in the air for Roscoe to get loose.
That's right. I got confused.

It was still a bogus call though. :down:

LtBillsFan66
09-18-2006, 11:09 AM
It was a nice run by Roscoe.

It was technically the right call though. Very close, but right.

PIZ
09-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Regardless of the outcome (penalty) it was an awesome play. I think we are starting to see why every team wanted Fairchild so bad. I love this offense, even with the 84 yards passing. Excellent game plan.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I don't remember "every team wanted Fairchild so bad." We got him late due to the late hiring of Jauron and he was still there. :idunno:

justasportsfan
09-18-2006, 11:26 AM
I reviewed that play on tape and it was a bogus call. The miami player leaned into Josh reed. He initiated the contact.

LtBillsFan66
09-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Of course he leaned in. He was going towards the play. You can't set a pick. It wasn't a blatant penalty, but it was the right call.

YardRat
09-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Good call.

Better play. I hope we see it again once in awhile.

Philagape
09-18-2006, 02:16 PM
It didn't look to me that the DB would have had a chance at the ball, since the catch and the contact were nearly simultaneous and a few yards apart.

Meathead
09-18-2006, 02:22 PM
appeared to be the proper call to me

i think i posted it elsewhere, cant find it of course cuz of searching being disabled *#% but it was essentially a pick play so reed has to disguise his block to look like a pass route a little better. plus it looked like the contact was a half second early, which he could probably get away with if he has done a better job selling the route but since he didnt it was an easy call

LtBillsFan66
09-18-2006, 02:54 PM
appeared to be the proper call to me

i think i posted it elsewhere, cant find it of course cuz of searching being disabled *#% but it was essentially a pick play so reed has to disguise his block to look like a pass route a little better. plus it looked like the contact was a half second early, which he could probably get away with if he has done a better job selling the route but since he didnt it was an easy call
Yep.

PIZ
09-29-2006, 08:19 AM
I don't remember "every team wanted Fairchild so bad." We got him late due to the late hiring of Jauron and he was still there. :idunno:

I knew I was right.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6011914

Bills' offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild: This may have been the biggest shock of any coaching move this off-season. The highly sought after Fairchild had his pick of O.C. jobs but blew them all off for Buffalo of all places. At the time it seemed like the worst move he could have made. But now it has allowed him to display just how good a coach he can be. The former Rams offensive coordinator has done a marvelous job with QB J.P. Losman, a QB his own team was leery of heading into the season. His former boss Martz has struggled in Motown while Fairchild is happily spreading his wings.

Michael82
09-29-2006, 09:18 AM
I knew I was right.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6011914
Good article. Thanks! :up: