PDA

View Full Version : Clements

JPFBillsFan
09-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Right now if I was Marv, I'd get on the Horn with Houston and offer Clements to them for a 1st or a package of a 2nd & 4th rd picks......

This guy is a decent Corner...but he has to go.......all that money for what exactly....we'd be better served for Marv to spend that cash on guys who have a fire in them and want to win.....

the next person to get a post about them need to get a ticket out of town will be Willis.....

jpdex12
09-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Right now if I was Marv, I'd get on the Horn with Houston and offer Clements to them for a 1st or a package of a 2nd & 4th rd picks......

This guy is a decent Corner...but he has to go.......all that money for what exactly....we'd be better served for Marv to spend that cash on guys who have a fire in them and want to win.....

the next person to get a post about them need to get a ticket out of town will be Willis.....
Willis still has to prove he is a winner. He's durable and will get us a consistant 1,400 yards per year, but I want to see game breaking plays by him...soon!
As far as Clements, you hit the nail on the head. He has looked mediocre at best. He seemed a step behind Chambers yesterday even though Chambers didn't set the world on fire in that game. Clements got beat a time or two in this Tampa 2 Zone against the Pats too. I would like to see us get something for him in trade, but I think he will be set free in January. Run Toto, run! Yabouty may be our next corner in place of Nate if he can learn quick enough.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 03:14 PM
I saw the game yesterday and it was McGee in every play. Clements was nowhere to be found. Sure maybe it's because he covered so well that they just didn't throw it his way. But I'm not so sure.

Trade him while he's got value. We've got some very talented young blood waiting in the wings.

Mudflap1
09-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Why stop there? Let's ship out Spikes and Fletcher too. Who needs 'em? This team is going to be 12-4 bay-bee!!!!!

Jon

BillsFever21
09-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Why stop there? Let's ship out Spikes and Fletcher too. Who needs 'em? This team is going to be 12-4 bay-bee!!!!!

Jon

I agree. We have so much young talent behind them it won't matter. We midas well trade these guys for draft picks now. Then with all these draft picks where 20% of them turn out to be great players we can really build our team up and win the SB next year.

BillsNick
09-18-2006, 03:23 PM
You guys are :crazy:

Mudflap1
09-18-2006, 03:30 PM
I agree. We have so much young talent behind them it won't matter. We midas well trade these guys for draft picks now. Then with all these draft picks where 20% of them turn out to be great players we can really build our team up and win the SB next year.

That's the plan! Ralph's a genius! Why should he pay free agents what they want? Just trade for a bunch of draft picks and this team will win 10+ games every year!

Jon

SpillerThrills
09-18-2006, 03:30 PM
You guys are :crazy:

COULDN'T AGREE MORE!

CAbills
09-18-2006, 03:37 PM
I saw the game yesterday and it was McGee in every play. Clements was nowhere to be found. Sure maybe it's because he covered so well that they just didn't throw it his way. But I'm not so sure.

Trade him while he's got value. We've got some very talented young blood waiting in the wings.

I dunno about that I though Nate had a solid day.

LtBillsFan66
09-18-2006, 03:39 PM
How much better of a game can a guy have? The reason you don't see him is because he's covering his guy and they don't throw his way!

DynaPaul
09-18-2006, 03:57 PM

Jon

London can hold his own and has a positive outlook generally when I see his blurbs in the media. I wouldn't ship Fletcher anywhere. Takeo Spikes on the other hand is really on the **** list now with his injury and then crying to the media about rebuilding. He better shut up, heal quick, and start showing something on the field to make it up to us.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 03:59 PM
How much better of a game can a guy have? The reason you don't see him is because he's covering his guy and they don't throw his way!
I considered that possibility.

HHURRICANE
09-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Uhhh, NO!!!

Are you guys nuts!! Who's filling in for Clements?! When a pass doesn't come your way your doing something right. Let's not go over board. Clements isn't staying but he's not going either.

ublinkwescore
09-18-2006, 04:15 PM
I dunno about that I though Nate had a solid day.

Nate can't tackle anymore.

Barrett
09-18-2006, 04:20 PM
I think you are all out of your mind. Our D just had an unbelievable game, and everyone's talking about making changes and trading players. The only change that I want to see is Takeo back in there with a massive chip on his shoulder. Besides that, if it's not broken why fix it? I can't believe that our own fans are talking **** about our players after that performance! Shame on all of you.
Barrett

Devin
09-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Bills fans are never satisfied.

ublinkwescore
09-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Hey, I'm just going off of what I saw yesterday - and I did watch the whole game.

Clements missed a couple of tackles that allowed the dolphins to pick up some extra yardage.

ublinkwescore
09-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Whether or not we keep him or get rid of him, or let him walk, I could care less - after the draft that Levy had, I put my full faith and trust in him.

Risin
09-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Whether or not we keep him or get rid of him, or let him walk, I could care less - after the draft that Levy had, I put my full faith and trust in him.

Amen brother.

I dig Nate's skills, but his tackling has become weaker.

He gets burned on WR screens, while guys like McGee blow them up.

After saying that, I'm happy Nate didn't get torched for 2 large again by Chambers.

Kerr
09-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Anyone who saw reed nail chambers on that wr screen as soon as it came out of culpepper's hands saw that he's our number 1 cover guy. Even if clements has lost some ability, he's still more proven that greer and thomas at this point. We be fortunate with Eillison, Simpson, Whitner and the rest of the guys, but there's no need to get carried away.

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2006, 05:11 PM
So if the Bills trade nate, who becomes the starting CB? Or the nickel back?

BillsFever21
09-18-2006, 07:00 PM
So if the Bills trade nate, who becomes the starting CB? Or the nickel back?

Oh didn't you know. Everyone else is just as good or better then Nate on the roster. Youboty is just as good and Greer and Thomas are almost just as good as Nate.

GarnOFreak
09-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Speaking of tackling....I really hope that the coaches start stressing wrapping up targets when tackling. I know we are trying to field a fast defense, but two weeks so far and plenty of mistakles to see. I don't know if it's because these guys are lighter than the fat and slow defense we had before, or if it's because we are supposedly playing more zone than man that is responsible for it. Just an observation. I really hope Nate picks up his game, both for us as a team and for himself (bad stats and fan grumbling will equal less money for him in free agency)

The_Philster
09-18-2006, 08:04 PM
If a CB isn't getting mentioned by the play-by-play guys...he's doing his job. Sure it means he doesn't get a chance to make big plays...but it means he ain't giving them up, either

Mitchy moo
09-18-2006, 08:12 PM
First rounder might be the first pick, who do we take? Brady looks unnecessary now.

Any ideas?

patmoran2006
09-18-2006, 09:37 PM
nate aint going anywhere this year..

Not too many teams have the cap room to pay his high salary, even if we wanted to trade him.. which trust me, Marv dont, or he wouldnt have given him all this money to begin with.

and he played good Sunday for the record, not many balls were even thrown his way.

odin
09-18-2006, 10:09 PM
He looked pretty bad on one of the replays.. like he just stood there and watched the WR catch a pass. I didn't notice him other than that so he must be doing something right.