PDA

View Full Version : I never thought I'd be saying this, but...

OpIv37
09-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Right now, the Bills are in a better position than the Patriots. Granted, we lost a game to them. But we we were supposed to lose the first two road division games- we came out of it 1-1 and played tough against the Pats who were supposed to be infinitely better than us.

Meanwhile the Pats had to come back to beat us and deflect a late comeback by the Jets to seal a win. Two wins that were filled with mistakes and feel like losses- just read Brady's postgame comments.

It's too early to say that we caught up with the Patriots because they did come out on top at the end and they're still the favorites to win the division by far. But the Bills are on their way up and the Pats are on their way down. By this time next year I think we'll have finally caught up with them.

justasportsfan
09-18-2006, 01:10 PM
is someone on the bills bandwagon this early?

SpillerThrills
09-18-2006, 01:12 PM

I never get off the bandwagon!!:bandwagon

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm not complaining.

Welcome back aboard OpIv!! :up:

OpIv37
09-18-2006, 01:15 PM

don't go jumping to conclusions- this still looks like a 500 team at best, but the D looks a lot better than I thought and the O holds up their end of the bargain when McGahee comes to play.

But Tim Anderson still sucks.

The one thing I really HATE is seasons like last year when it's October and we're already in a situation where we'd have to win out just to have an outside shot at the playoffs. If this team can stay close enough to 500 to have a legitimate shot at the playoffs until late in November or early December, it won't be the complete disaster that I thought it was going to be.

justasportsfan
09-18-2006, 01:21 PM
don't go jumping to conclusions- this still looks like a 500 team at best, but the D looks a lot better than I thought and the O holds up their end of the bargain when McGahee comes to play.

But Tim Anderson still sucks.

The one thing I really HATE is seasons like last year when it's October and we're already in a situation where we'd have to win out just to have an outside shot at the playoffs. If this team can stay close enough to 500 to have a legitimate shot at the playoffs until late in November or early December, it won't be the complete disaster that I thought it was going to be.
As long as it's not a disastrous season, it's all good. Anderson did a decent job yesterday. I was paying close attention to him while reviewing the tape. A lot of Browns yards were outside and not up the middle.

Tatonka
09-18-2006, 01:23 PM
nothing makes me happier than the bills proving everyone wrong!

:up:

don137
09-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Chicago looks like the only non-winnable game through October. I am not saying they will win all those games. I am saying they are good enough to win any of those games. With 8/13 at home including 3 warm weather teams after Thanksgiving (Jaguars, fins and Chargers) you never know what may happen. They definitely need to improve offensively however this coaching staff is showing they can win with a Steelers type philosophy of defense, run the ball, special teams and put the QB in a position to not lose the game but gain valuable experience at the same time.

gil
09-18-2006, 01:29 PM
it's going to be a tough road, but if the D can play like they did yesterday and the offense (passing game especially) improves even a little bit, we could make some noise.

mysticsoto
09-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Right now, the Bills are in a better position than the Patriots. Granted, we lost a game to them. But we we were supposed to lose the first two road division games- we came out of it 1-1 and played tough against the Pats who were supposed to be infinitely better than us.

Meanwhile the Pats had to come back to beat us and deflect a late comeback by the Jets to seal a win. Two wins that were filled with mistakes and feel like losses- just read Brady's postgame comments.

It's too early to say that we caught up with the Patriots because they did come out on top at the end and they're still the favorites to win the division by far. But the Bills are on their way up and the Pats are on their way down. By this time next year I think we'll have finally caught up with them.

Op, when I hear you talk like this...a tear comes to my eye... :D

CuseJetsFan83
09-18-2006, 01:39 PM

thats because the bills have a hunger, and a chip on their shoulder

the jets we just have a chip on our shoulder and feel like we have something to prove

NE - i think they are finally heading southward...... their record may not show it, but the ship is finally sinking.... it just amazes me how people "hate" being in NE and want out..... could it be because of bellichick and his hypocritical ways? (ie his lil side project that he is being accused of cheating,while trying to be mr. manners in foxborough) or could it be all for the $$??

justasportsfan
09-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Op, when I hear you talk like this...a tear comes to my eye... :D Don't get me wrong , I'm glad OP's looking things our way. It's when he's so negative that he makes an onion cry.

Your sig makes me cry

Philagape
09-18-2006, 02:08 PM
The final game against Balt could be for a playoff spot. I sense a feel-good season ending in a heartbreaker

FlyingDutchman
09-18-2006, 02:42 PM
http://www.public.asu.edu/~atjlb/FOOT%20IN%20MOUTH.JPG

FlyingDutchman
09-18-2006, 02:43 PM
just bustin balls, good to see your comin around and are letting things unfold first

OpIv37
09-18-2006, 02:44 PM
http://www.public.asu.edu/~atjlb/FOOT%20IN%20MOUTH.JPG

the foot isn't in my mouth just yet but it's getting closer and closer...

if it means the Bills are winning, I'll take it.

Mudflap1
09-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Last time I checked, the Bills are 1-1 and the Patriots are 2-0. Sorry, I'd rather be 2-0. Also, while it pains me to say this, I'd also at this point rather have Tom Brady than J.P. Losman. While Losman may be starting to come out of his shell, there's no sugarcoating 3 Super Bowl titles.

While I also think Jauron has done a great job so far, who would you rather have on the sidelines if you had to bet the farm on winning, Jauron or Belichick?

Sorry Op, nice optimism, but I think you are completely wrong.

Jon

FlyingDutchman
09-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Sorry Op, nice optimism

what a difference a day makes

The last buffalo fan
09-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Opi:hi5:TLBF

LtBillsFan66
09-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Just wait until they lose a game. :snicker:

Jeff1220
09-18-2006, 03:53 PM
The final game against Balt could be for a playoff spot. I sense a feel-good season ending in a heartbreaker

If Baltimore is as good as they seem, they'll be playing their back-ups in that game.

...which we all know guarantees nothing.
:couch:

Jan Reimers
09-18-2006, 04:00 PM
What I really like is that we have 5 rookies playing prominent roles on D, and another bunch of 2-4 year guys developing on each side of the ball. This is a young team - with good coaching - that should only get better.

I'm not predicting playoffs this year, but it's possible. And next season, watch out. . .