PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead...

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 01:40 PM
We can be 7-1 until we play Indy.

Jets - They can be had.
Vikes - We'll have a chance at home.
Bears - I'll probably be there to run on the field and distract them, get us a win.
Lions - We should have them.
Pats - This time is payback, at home.
Pack - Again, we should have a good chance at home.

If we play smart, with me streaking in Chicago, we can be 7-1 before playing Indy. Wouldn't that be something.

Carlton Bailey
09-18-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm thinking 6-2 or 5-3 at worst. I don't see us winning the Bears game.

HAMMER
09-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Jets/Bears/Vikes will all be very tough games. I would be shocked if we go to ChiTown and beat the formidable Bears.

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-18-2006, 01:53 PM
6-2 or 5-3 is my thought also. I would say more likely 5-3, but hey I would take that in a heart beat. I love where this team is going, and I really enjoy turning on NFL radio and hearing something positive for once. Those guys can EAT IT!

Meathead
09-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Bears - I'll probably be there to run on the field and distract them, get us a win.
im sure we could raise at least a grand in a collection if you were to do it naked

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 02:18 PM
im sure we could raise at least a grand in a collection if you were to do it naked
Is a thousand dollars enough for my bail?

Meathead
09-18-2006, 02:19 PM
im sure it is

so its a deal then

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Who's gonna raise my kids if I got killed by the players?

Mudflap1
09-18-2006, 02:27 PM
They are not going to be 7-1 or 6-2, stop drinking the Kool-Aid. I said 2-5 going into the bye before the season started. That was taking into consideration that they would lose the first two games. I'm willing to say 3-4, or maybe 4-3 now. That is realistic, and frankly, is pretty darn good. The second half of the season they could win some games. This team is not 7-1 or 6-2 caliber yet. There are still a lot of young players that are good, but are going to make mistakes.

Jon

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Still better than 0-2 though LOL!

Mudflap1
09-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Still better than 0-2 though LOL!

I agree completely. While it's exciting that the team is more competitive than we thought, and they squished the fish, I just don't want to see our expectations for these guys get too high to where we are setting ourselves up for disappointment later in the season. It would still be a miracle for this team to contend for the playoffs. But, this year's Bills team can definitely be the team that you really wish wasn't in your division.

Jon

justasportsfan
09-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Villarial should easily take on CHI's NT and Ularcher at the same time without breaking a sweat :couch:

Devin
09-18-2006, 02:37 PM
6-2 is more likely. But hell even at 5-3 this team has surpassed all expectations. Blus we play 4 home games and 1 away (at Jets) late in the season.

While I will wait a few weeks before declaring us playoff calibur id be lying if I thought we didnt have a shot. Jauron and Fewell have this team playing very well.

Night Train
09-18-2006, 02:42 PM
We can be 7-1 until we play Indy.

Jets - They can be had.
Vikes - We'll have a chance at home.
Lions - We should have them.
Pats - This time is payback, at home.
Pack - Again, we should have a good chance at home.

If we play smart, with me streaking in Chicago, we can be 7-1 before playing Indy. Wouldn't that be something.

Panama Red is 2nd to none ! :miyagi: :up:

BillsFever21
09-18-2006, 03:03 PM
One win and you have some thinking they are gonna win 6 more in a row now. This always happens.

I see us 4-4 after midway through the season and I would be very happy for that.

I see us splitting the Jets/Vikings game which would put us at 2-2. Then wins against the Lions and Packers and losses against the Patriots and Bears.

If things go the right way then we could maybe be 5-3 if we're very, very lucky.

This is nowhere near a 7-1 team. The Kool-Aid must have a lot of sugar in it this afternoon. If we can be 4-4 I will be happy with the progression made. We will be lucky to finish with 7 wins on the year let alone at the bye week.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 03:11 PM
One win and you have some thinking they are gonna win 6 more in a row now. This always happens.

I see us 4-4 after midway through the season and I would be very happy for that.

I see us splitting the Jets/Vikings game which would put us at 2-2. Then wins against the Lions and Packers and losses against the Patriots and Bears.

If things go the right way then we could maybe be 5-3 if we're very, very lucky.

This is nowhere near a 7-1 team. The Kool-Aid must have a lot of sugar in it this afternoon. If we can be 4-4 I will be happy with the progression made. We will be lucky to finish with 7 wins on the year let alone at the bye week.
Hey your glass is half empty as usual. Cheer up and try to enjoy it!

BillsFever21
09-18-2006, 03:13 PM

I am enjoying it. I'm not psychotic enough to think we're gonna pull off 7 straight wins because we won a game though.

I remember hearing this stuff last year after we won our home opener. We can see how that turned out.

Mudflap1
09-18-2006, 03:14 PM

Problem is if you're that overly optimistic you'll be screaming by the 10th week of the season wondering why the Bills are 3-6 or something, what went wrong, and that Jauron sucks...

Jon

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Well my high may come down tomorrow or next week but I'll be damned if I don't ride it today while it lasts.

You don't get a whole lot of these moments as a Bills fan in the last few years. Enjoy it now!

BillsFever21
09-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Problem is if you're that overly optimistic you'll be screaming by the 10th week of the season wondering why the Bills are 3-6 or something, what went wrong, and that Jauron sucks...

Jon

It's like this with the same people after every win. Whenever we win a game it makes some fans think we have turned the corner and will win most of the games the rest of the season.

If we lost the next 2 games and then won another game and was 2-3 then we would be finishing the season 12-4, ect, ect.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Stop raining on our parade you party poopers :down:

Mudflap1
09-18-2006, 03:19 PM
We're happy they won! The team is going in the right direction! Remember, two years ago during the season some of us were thinking of enshrining Coach Moolarkey into the Hall of Fame. Enjoy the win, but it's only one game.

Jon

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Save the "but" until tomorrow. I'm gonna take your advice and just "enjoy the win" today. You should do the same!

Mudflap1
09-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Save the "but" until tomorrow. I'm gonna take your advice and just "enjoy the win" today. You should do the same!

I am! I just hate to see someone build up the hopes for the future, then in 2-3 months be depressed.

That being said, being a Bills fan could start to become fun again this year and for the next few...

Jon

BillsFever21
09-18-2006, 03:23 PM

We are enjoying the win. We're just not foolish enough to think one victory means we're a SB contender now.

You can still enjoy a victory without going crazy and thinking the team is the best in the league. I guess some people doesn't know how to do that.

Meathead
09-18-2006, 04:23 PM
well i see 4-4 at the half as well, but that includes a loss at home against the viqueens. thats their best chance to win one of the ones i expect them to lose so 5-3 isnt out of the question

either way theyre going to have to have a nice run late in the season to get to the playoffs. it will probably take 6-2 from there to get in, 5-3 if theyre lucky. 4-4 down the stretch isnt likely to cut it no matter what

i still dont expect them to make the playoffs but it sure looks a lot better with a road squish under our belts

Kerr
09-18-2006, 05:08 PM
At this point, the way this team has played, it's possible. The bills will be the bengals of last season-surprise team in the nfl.

The_Philster
09-18-2006, 07:12 PM
I am! I just hate to see someone build up the hopes for the future, then in 2-3 months be depressed.

That being said, being a Bills fan could start to become fun again this year and for the next few...

Jon
A loss is depressing whether you expect it or not. You're not doing anyone any favors by bringing down their highs

patmoran2006
09-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Jets/Bears/Vikes will all be very tough games. I would be shocked if we go to ChiTown and beat the formidable Bears.
Everygame is a tough game right now for this team.. They have to prove themselves and insert their will EVERY week.

That being said, they're capable of going on a real nice run, at least they have the "potential" to do so I should say.