• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

If Coy Wire was in hot waters before

He's not anymore after that blocked punt.

Even fat pansy Peter King gave him Special Teams Player of the Week.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: If Coy Wire was in hot waters before

I never had a problem with Coy on ST.

It's when he's on D that I get nervous.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

Ditto on Opi's sentiment.
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Coy Wire sucks that's all there is to it. Sure he can play ST but he is beating people out on this team because he can fill in the defensive secondary. The day our defensive secondary doesn't need Coy Wire to fill in will be a good day.

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

As long as he stays on ST hes fine by me.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

He missed some plays on D yesterday. I was not happy with him until the blocked punt, he definitely redeemed himself there.

Jon

Comment

• Thurmal
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
              Coy Wire sucks that's all there is to it. Sure he can play ST but he is beating people out on this team because he can fill in the defensive secondary. The day our defensive secondary doesn't need Coy Wire to fill in will be a good day.
              Some of you don't get it. He is a special teams captain. The Bills have had the best ST in the league for two years now. If it ain't broke -- don't fix it. That was one of the biggest plays of the game. Who, exactly, is he keeping a roster spot from that would be such a better playmaker?
              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Thurmal
                Some of you don't get it. He is a special teams captain. The Bills have had the best ST in the league for two years now. If it ain't broke -- don't fix it. That was one of the biggest plays of the game. Who, exactly, is he keeping a roster spot from that would be such a better playmaker?
                Great post, you are right, some don't get it.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

steve tasker ate a roster spot at WR on this team for many years too.

Wire is not quite Tasker, but he's closing in on it. He's a great gunner, and great on kickoff coverage... he's the first guy since pike or tasker who's in on every kickoff/punt tackle.

He keeps playing like he has the last two years on special teams and i'll not care if we keep him for 10 years.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Kerr
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

It must be coy's enourmous bald spot.

Comment

• Kerr
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                      steve tasker ate a roster spot at WR on this team for many years too.

Wire is not quite Tasker, but he's closing in on it. He's a great gunner, and great on kickoff coverage... he's the first guy since pike or tasker who's in on every kickoff/punt tackle.

He keeps playing like he has the last two years on special teams and i'll not care if we keep him for 10 years.
                      Maybe they can use him as a short yardage back. He played running back at stanford and Willis hasn't look that great in short yardage.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                        • Mar 2004

This is in no way taking away from his great play w/ the block punt, but one of our linebackers, Derrick Pope was injured earlier, putting in TE Justin Peele:

The mess began when special-teams player Derrick Pope popped a hamstring and was relegated to hobbling the sideline on crutches.
                        That meant the Dolphins had to replace Pope, who is the left tackle out of punting formation, with Justin Peelle. When the Dolphins had to punt from their 40 with 2:02 left in the third quarter, Coy Wire apparently beat Peelle and blocked Donnie Jones' punt.
                        Pope Inured

Like I said, no downplay from his great play.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal

someone, anyone in the last couple years who can play defense. Coy Wire in our defensive backfield has been a glaring hole on our team for what is now the third season. Sure, the special teams are important and the blocked punt was a great play and exciting...but dont tell me I don't get it. I get it just fine. I think it's stupid to sacrifice our defensive effort to have that special teams play and if we can't afford to keep him off the field on defense then we are doing something wrong.

Comment

• shelby
                            The Vanilla admin
                            • Jul 2002

He is stellar on special teams. Ingtar and Thurmal are exactly right. i have no problem keeping him on ST only, where he is becoming a huge asset.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

I don't mind chewing up a roster spot for Coy if he maintains his level of play on ST's. I'd prefer to have another safety on the roster, though, for the defense.

We could've cut a WR and kept Baker.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X