PDA

View Full Version : If Coy Wire was in hot waters before

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2006, 02:19 PM
He's not anymore after that blocked punt.

Even fat pansy Peter King gave him Special Teams Player of the Week.

:bf1:

OpIv37
09-18-2006, 02:21 PM
I never had a problem with Coy on ST.

It's when he's on D that I get nervous.

Gunzlingr
09-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Ditto on Opi's sentiment.

Typ0
09-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Coy Wire sucks that's all there is to it. Sure he can play ST but he is beating people out on this team because he can fill in the defensive secondary. The day our defensive secondary doesn't need Coy Wire to fill in will be a good day.

Devin
09-18-2006, 02:46 PM
As long as he stays on ST hes fine by me.

Mudflap1
09-18-2006, 02:51 PM
He missed some plays on D yesterday. I was not happy with him until the blocked punt, he definitely redeemed himself there.

Jon

Thurmal
09-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Coy Wire sucks that's all there is to it. Sure he can play ST but he is beating people out on this team because he can fill in the defensive secondary. The day our defensive secondary doesn't need Coy Wire to fill in will be a good day.
Some of you don't get it. He is a special teams captain. The Bills have had the best ST in the league for two years now. If it ain't broke -- don't fix it. That was one of the biggest plays of the game. Who, exactly, is he keeping a roster spot from that would be such a better playmaker?

HAMMER
09-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Some of you don't get it. He is a special teams captain. The Bills have had the best ST in the league for two years now. If it ain't broke -- don't fix it. That was one of the biggest plays of the game. Who, exactly, is he keeping a roster spot from that would be such a better playmaker?

Great post, you are right, some don't get it.

Ingtar33
09-18-2006, 05:10 PM
steve tasker ate a roster spot at WR on this team for many years too.

Wire is not quite Tasker, but he's closing in on it. He's a great gunner, and great on kickoff coverage... he's the first guy since pike or tasker who's in on every kickoff/punt tackle.

He keeps playing like he has the last two years on special teams and i'll not care if we keep him for 10 years.

Kerr
09-18-2006, 05:11 PM
It must be coy's enourmous bald spot.

Kerr
09-18-2006, 05:12 PM

Wire is not quite Tasker, but he's closing in on it. He's a great gunner, and great on kickoff coverage... he's the first guy since pike or tasker who's in on every kickoff/punt tackle.

He keeps playing like he has the last two years on special teams and i'll not care if we keep him for 10 years.

Maybe they can use him as a short yardage back. He played running back at stanford and Willis hasn't look that great in short yardage.

!Papacrunk!
09-18-2006, 06:18 PM
This is in no way taking away from his great play w/ the block punt, but one of our linebackers, Derrick Pope was injured earlier, putting in TE Justin Peele:

The mess began when special-teams player Derrick Pope popped a hamstring and was relegated to hobbling the sideline on crutches.
That meant the Dolphins had to replace Pope, who is the left tackle out of punting formation, with Justin Peelle. When the Dolphins had to punt from their 40 with 2:02 left in the third quarter, Coy Wire apparently beat Peelle and blocked Donnie Jones' punt.

Pope Inured (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/15544567.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_football)

Like I said, no downplay from his great play.

Typ0
09-18-2006, 06:44 PM

someone, anyone in the last couple years who can play defense. Coy Wire in our defensive backfield has been a glaring hole on our team for what is now the third season. Sure, the special teams are important and the blocked punt was a great play and exciting...but dont tell me I don't get it. I get it just fine. I think it's stupid to sacrifice our defensive effort to have that special teams play and if we can't afford to keep him off the field on defense then we are doing something wrong.

shelby
09-18-2006, 06:55 PM
:cynic:
He is stellar on special teams. Ingtar and Thurmal are exactly right. i have no problem keeping him on ST only, where he is becoming a huge asset.

YardRat
09-18-2006, 06:59 PM
I don't mind chewing up a roster spot for Coy if he maintains his level of play on ST's. I'd prefer to have another safety on the roster, though, for the defense.

We could've cut a WR and kept Baker.

G. Host
09-18-2006, 07:01 PM

Steve never "ate" a roster spot. Offense wanted to use Tasker as WR but they were not allowed because Marv was worried about Tasker getting hurt and special teams. Isn't that a switch - a special teams player too good to be used by regular teams!

G. Host
09-18-2006, 07:04 PM
I don't mind chewing up a roster spot for Coy if he maintains his level of play on ST's. I'd prefer to have another safety on the roster, though, for the defense.

We could've cut a WR and kept Baker.

All of the catching WRs have performed well and Sam Aiken and Andre Davis have been good on STs. Bills could not afford to cut a WR but maybe a rookie OL who would fit on Practice Squad.

YardRat
09-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Good point.

BTW - the block was nice, but I would've given the ST player of the week to Moorman...I can't remember a better performance by a punter.

G. Host
09-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Moorman HAS had better games! For one of them he made player of the week; I think it was the heads up play where he made a first down.

patmoran2006
09-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Myself, and about 90% of us on here *****ed when Baker got cut and Wire stuck..

We were wrong.

YardRat
09-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Moorman HAS had better games! For one of them he made player of the week; I think it was the heads up play where he made a first down.

I can't remember a game where he was so consistent in dropping his kicks inside the 10.