PDA

View Full Version : Clarett agrees to plea deal, will serve 3½ years

Gunzlingr
09-18-2006, 02:47 PM
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Former Ohio State football star Maurice Clarett agreed Monday to plead guilty to aggravated robbery and carrying a concealed weapon. The deal would send him to prison for at least 3½ years and end two criminal cases against him.
The agreement was announced by Judge David Fais on the day jury selection was to begin in a case in which Clarett is accused of holding up two people outside a bar.
<!-- PULL-QUOTE (BEGIN) -->
"Anyone else would have gone to prison. He's not getting any special treatment." -- Assistant Prosecutor Tim Mitchell

<!-- PULL-QUOTE (END) -->
The concealed weapon charge was from his August arrest after a highway chase with police who found four loaded guns in Clarett's sport utility vehicle after they spiked the tires. Police used pepper spray to subdue and handcuff Clarett, who was wearing a bulletproof vest.
The deal called for a 7½-year sentence with release possible after 3½ years. The 22-year-old player also agreed to serve five years of probation after the prison sentence.
Clarett said he understood he was pleading guilty and reversing his earlier innocent plea.
"I'd like to apologize for my behavior, and I accept the time that was given to me,'' he said.
After the deal was announced, he looked over at his mother who was sobbing and holding his 8-week-old daughter while sitting next to his girlfriend.
Assistant Prosecutor Tim Mitchell said the plea deal is consistent with how his office handles similar cases.
"Anyone else would have gone to prison. He's not getting any special treatment,'' Mitchell said.

more (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2593068)

OpIv37
09-18-2006, 02:49 PM
what a waste of talent. He got what he deserves.

Devin
09-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Talk about a fall from grace.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Just another thug.

Night Train
09-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Why isn't Jim Brown and Jesse Jackson standing by him now ?

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Why isn't Jim Brown and Jesse Jackson standing by him now ?

Because Brown is a class act that tried to help the punk and Jessie can't take anymore hits to his rep right now.

kgun12
09-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Stupid is as stupid does!

TacklingDummy
09-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Because Brown is a class act that tried to help the punk.

Jim Brown is a class act?

Didn't you complain about Willis because of his attitude? TO?

Weren't you the one who was against Moulds because he has a bunch of kids?

I guess its ok to beat up your wife though.

Hypocrit.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Jim Brown is a class act?

Didn't you complain about Willis because of his attitude? TO?

Weren't you the one who was against Moulds because he has a bunch of kids?

I guess its ok to beat up your wife though.

Hypocrit.

Brown made mistakes now spends his time trying to get youth to get their acts straight. More pure stupidity posted by you.

kgun12
09-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Because Brown is a class act that tried to help the punk and Jessie can't take anymore hits to his rep right now.

ICE how can you call Brown a class act? He is a wife beater? You got all our Eric Moulds for that, so how?

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 03:09 PM
ICE how can you call Brown a class act? He is a wife beater? You got all our Eric Moulds for that, so how?

I just said how.

TacklingDummy
09-18-2006, 03:12 PM

Because its a FACT Jim Brown is sorry and Jim Brown didn't want JP benched.

kgun12
09-18-2006, 03:15 PM
I just said how.

This is one of the many Thread on Moulds from you:

Re: Moulds fans need to watch NFL network

He has been busted 2x for domestic abuse, now been suspended for a game and has started up his spitting antics again. Time for marv to do what is right and get rid of this guy.

So again how can you call Brown a class act!?

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Because its a FACT Jim Brown is sorry and Jim Brown didn't want JP benched.

More stupidity.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 03:17 PM
This is one of the many Thread on Moulds from you:

Re: Moulds fans need to watch NFL network

He has been busted 2x for domestic abuse, now been suspended for a game and has started up his spitting antics again. Time for marv to do what is right and get rid of this guy.

So again how can you call Brown a class act!?

Yeah Moulds is a POS. No regret at all and look at how he acted this last season. I will say one last time, Brown screwed up, but is working his butt off to get the kids out of gangs and become productive members of society. What has moulds done other than pimp moulds?

Now sit here and tell me a guy that spent his own money and time to go and set up an org that helps these kids is without some class?

kgun12
09-18-2006, 03:18 PM
BTW I wanted Moulds to go mainly cause of his off field problems (like spouse abuse) because that's gutless, and so is Brown for the same reason!

TacklingDummy
09-18-2006, 03:18 PM
How many times has Jim Brown been accused of beating up women, 4?

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 03:19 PM
BTW I wanted Moulds to go mainly cause of his off field problems (like spouse abuse) because that's gutless, and so is Brown for the same reason!

Hey I agree it doesn't take a man to beat on a woman and I don't like brown personally. I do give him some props for trying to get the kids in a better environment etc.

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 03:20 PM
How many hundreds of kids lives has he positively changed out of his own pocket and with his own personal time?

kgun12
09-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah Moulds is a POS. No regret at all and look at how he acted this last season. I will say one last time, Brown screwed up, but is working his butt off to get the kids out of gangs and become productive members of society. What has moulds done other than pimp moulds?

Now sit here and tell me a guy that spent his own money and time to go and set up an org that helps these kids is without some class?

So in other words Brown is saying do what I say not as I do. Moulds got help for his problem. But you know what they say, once a wife beater, always a wife beater!

ICE74129
09-18-2006, 03:22 PM
So in other words Brown is saying do what I say not as I do. Moulds got help for his problem. But you know what they say, once a wife beater, always a wife beater!

Yes or no, has brown helped hundreds of kids? the answer is YES so he gets some credit and YES that is a class act.

I agree I can't stand his PERSONAL Views on how to treat women.

kgun12
09-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Hey I agree it doesn't take a man to beat on a woman and I don't like brown personally. I do give him some props for trying to get the kids in a better environment etc.

I applaud his work with kids, but I think it's sad that these kids are so bad off that Brown is someone for them to look up to! How bad off some of these kids have it!

TacklingDummy
09-18-2006, 03:42 PM
The only thing Jim Brown and the word Class have in common is the last 3 letters of the word Class.

Bmax
09-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Rae Carruth, Clarett, Lawrence Phillips.....Dream Machine .....Dream Machine.....Who is the QB.........

BMAX....