PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Draft

Devin
09-18-2006, 04:21 PM
While its impossible to do any sort of Mock draft now, I was sort of looking at what direction we may go next season.

I have to believe either DE or OT. While certainly anything is a possiblity of course, I think a great draft next year will go a long way to ensuring the long term success of this club.

Now this obviously takes a few assumptions in mind dealing with JP, Willis and the WR position. I think one could also argue the need for a threat at #2 WR. And if Marv decides not to extend willis a few options at RB are available. The new scheme certainly better fits or DE's so I put the priority at OL. I think drafting a solid bookend to go with Peters maybe our biggest need.

The Bills will probably be somewhere in the 12-20 range as far as draft choice goes.

My OL board:
Joe THomas, OT
Levi Brown, OT
Justin Blalock, OT

Blalock is intriguing because I think we could trade down and get him. He may also project well at OG in the NFL.

There are a few DE's/DT's avail but Im not much convinced right now of their value. Yet anyway. Quentin Moses is probably at the top of the list however. at 6'5 255-260 hes very close to the type of rusher wed need.

kernowboy
09-19-2006, 03:09 AM
I think that having focused on defence last year, we definitely need to consider the offence at least at the start. I do think we missed a couple of tricks in free agency where we could have got Mike Pearson and Jeff Mitchell and ended up with Tutan Reyes and Melvin Fowler. With Shelton coming to the end of his days we could go with a two TE set and I think our number one pick if possible should be Greg Olsen. In the second round it should be Doug 'Freak' Free, to slot in at LT. This would allow Gandy to move to his true position of guard. I think we then need to consider backup for Schobel so either Dan Bazuin or Mkristo Bruce in the 3rd. And what is happening with Fletcher-Baker? We could look at Tim Shaw from Penn State in the 4th. I'd like to see the Notre Dame safety slip. Despite having the Whittner/Simpson combo I think the latter could be moved to corner a la Burris and we need a thug in the 'free' position. And the New Hampshire WR, Dave Ball would be a nice pick in the last round. Not to quick but big with a knack for TDs