• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LifetimeBillsFan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Aug 2004

You've Gotta Love The Attitude

Even though we all understand that there will be times when rookies struggle and that the Bills are a young team that will have it's up-and-downs, you have to love the attitude that Donte Whitner and his fellow rookies have and the approach that Coach Jauron is taking with them:

"We're breaking through that myth," said Donte Whitner, the rookie strong safety from Ohio State. "We're not worried about people calling us rookies. If they want to come and test us, then let them come and test us. But we're going to fight. We're going to play more like veterans than rookies. We're going to make a couple of mistakes, but we're going to come back and fight hard."

"Once you're on the field, you're not a rookie," said Ellison, an undersized linebacker who was drafted in the sixth round from Oregon State. "You're just a football player. I think that's the mentality the guys take."

"Coach Jauron says we're not rebuilding. We're building - on what we have. We're trying to lay the foundation for this team, and we want to make it to the playoffs this year. We're not listening to what outsiders say about us."

Whether making the playoffs this season is realistic or not, I like the way that Jauron is telling his young players that they are building and trying to build a foundation for the team with them having a goal of making the playoffs this year. IMHO the rookies' attitudes about being thrust into the lineup is tremendous. And, I also like JP Losman's attitude about the situation--which IMHO is the perfect response to Spikes' comments after T.Vincent was put on IR last week:

"Rebuilding? What is that?

"It doesn't look like we have that kind of attitude," Losman said. "Until you actually win a championship, I think you're always rebuilding. It's about winning the big prize. That's what we're trying to get to, nothing less."'

With attitudes like these in the lockerroom and the effort that we are seeing on the field, this is becoming a Bills team than I think fans can really like and that really could develop into something special as time goes on.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: You've Gotta Love The Attitude

Regardless of how you feel about this team, those type of comments and this type of play has to give you goose bumps. I feel that with TKO back in the lineup this defense can be one of the best we've had.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I still want to see them tested . I think Chad/jets will do it. Moolarkey was too stupid to even attempt to test our rookies.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

I loved the direction we were taking with Marv and the draft. And arguing with all the neg nancys im looking good right now. Im loving the attitude of this team and the production thus fat is outstanding. The O will come around once they gel nicely. God I knew I was excited about this season for a reason!!

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Love the attitude...
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

You hit the nail right on the head.

These rookies WILL struggle at times.. this is the type of team that can go out on the road and lay one one Miami, or beat a team like Chicago.. And then come home and lose by 14 to the Jets or Titans the next game... Thats the way it is when you live and die with youth in the lineup.

However man.. Your 100% right.. These guys have GREAT attitudes, some of the best I've ever seen on this team for guys so young.. and they WILL make their mark on this team over the next few years.

Write this down, BOTH of our safeties are future pro bowlers.. BOTH of them

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
            X