• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Ahhhh Damnit.

Both my starting DE's are done for the year wtf.

Looks like I will have to work a little magic in the offseason again.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: Ahhhh Damnit.

My team has been pretty fortunate so far but it's only Week 2. Davin Joseph is the only one. He will miss this weeks game too.

The only bad part about this game is just because something happens in a given season it shouldn't follow over to the game.

It would be nice to have a flat rating system for offensive players as well except for stats. And just because they miss some game doesn't mean they will automatically miss game during the simulation. On the flip side they could miss game without missing any the prior season. Either way it's a fun game and I'm here for the long haul.

Hopefully it will be around for a few years and doesn't fold here. Many like myself is building our team for the future.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

That sucks! Meanwhile, I'm kicking the **** out of myself for letting an injured Donovan McNabb escape my grabs because I was a bit too cheap.

51/80 for 664 yards and 5 TDs, 1 INT

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Its all good, tis the joy of being an owner, these things happen.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
          That sucks! Meanwhile, I'm kicking the **** out of myself for letting an injured Donovan McNabb escape my grabs because I was a bit too cheap.

51/80 for 664 yards and 5 TDs, 1 INT
          Thank you.

I'm not sure if I'm going with him or Phillip Rivers next year. I'm hoping Rivers has a good season so I can go with him instead since his salary only starts at 2 million. If the difference is that big then I can afford McNabb for another year till Rivers is surely ready in 2007. I'll have to wait and see what happens.

My team is playing decent right now but once McNabb misses some time it will go in the tank. I expected that when I drafted him. My team wasn't ready to contend this year. It had an outside shot at the playoffs. I have a good foundation though.

Rivers looks good so far. If the price is right I would swing McNabb back in your direction and go with Rivers next year. It would be a gamble but I think Rivers will pay off.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
            Thank you.

I'm not sure if I'm going with him or Phillip Rivers next year. I'm hoping Rivers has a good season so I can go with him instead since his salary only starts at 2 million. If the difference is that big then I can afford McNabb for another year till Rivers is surely ready in 2007. I'll have to wait and see what happens.

My team is playing decent right now but once McNabb misses some time it will go in the tank. I expected that when I drafted him. My team wasn't ready to contend this year. It had an outside shot at the playoffs. I have a good foundation though.

Rivers looks good so far. If the price is right I would swing McNabb back in your direction and go with Rivers next year. It would be a gamble but I think Rivers will pay off.
            Right now as long as Chad Pennington can stay healthy, I'm loving that pick. The rest of my QBs suck ass, but Pennington is looking good so far. Hopefully Bledsoe can pick it up too and maybe I won't need McNabb. Oh, plus I also drafted Vince Young. So maybe he can pick it up. I have a feeling that he will be starting soon.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

is it just me or does it seem that this years rookie class is gonna take a couple years to contribute in alot of cases?? seems as if alot of rookies last year started and contributed

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                is it just me or does it seem that this years rookie class is gonna take a couple years to contribute in alot of cases?? seems as if alot of rookies last year started and contributed
                except for the people who drafted the Bills rookies.

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

I honestly can't complain. 3 of my rookies are starting and another 3 are getting significant playing time.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Brick is starting for me. Joseph is supposed to start but he's missed the first 3 weeks due to injury.

The rest of them isn't seeing much action. Kiwanuaka and Hodge are playing sparingly right now. Pollard is only seeing some time in the Dime and ST's.

If Brick gets through the first year rated a 6 and Joseph comes back from injury and shows some potential, starts and is at least a 5 I will be happy.

The rest of the guys will take some time. Hodge, Kiwanuaka and Pollard will eventually be starting. It might not be till next year or 2008 though.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                      • Aug 2003

just seemed to me that there where alot more rookie contributors last year, but the season is young injuries havent hit yet and some teams havent said f it lets start the young guys and get them experience now yet

Comment

• DrForbes
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                        just seemed to me that there where alot more rookie contributors last year, but the season is young injuries havent hit yet and some teams havent said f it lets start the young guys and get them experience now yet
                        Based on articles from ESPN the same percentage of rookies starting this season in the NFL was the same as last year. As you point out more will start as the season moves on.

I have two rookie starters. 2 rookie RBs getting lots of playing time. two considered future starters. One IR and the my two WRs are backups at this point.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

i'm not too concerned with my rookies this year.i didn't have much of a draft to begin with.if i can get 1 or 2 guys to be around for a while,i'll be happy.the 2007 Draft is going to be a different story though.with my season marred by injuries,i may finish with the worst record.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Damn, my draft already looks bad. None of the guys are starting. Vince Young is getting the most action, followed by Darryl Tapp (who's a 3rd DE for the Seahawks), and Daryn Colledge just got his first start for the Packers this week. Sinorice Moss has been bothered by injuries all summer long. Eric Smith is like the 4th or 5th Safety on the Jets. And Ashton Youboty missed a ton of time due to injury/death in the family, so he won't be the nickel back for a while.

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

Demeco Ryans is a monster!

Comment

Working...
                              X