For those griping about JP's 83 yards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

For those griping about JP's 83 yards...

Rothlesburger, 141 with 2 ints and a LOSS.

Seriously, look for your selfs... http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/bo...meId=260918030

Now it may just be me, but I prefer wins, not stats.

And yes BUFFALO is 31st in passing yards. But...maybe thats because we are 31st in passing ATTEMPTS with just 41?

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: For those griping about JP's 83 yards...

The Bills are trying to mirror the approach of the Steelers and that is to put as little pressure on the QB in games and rely on defense, the running game and special teams. Roethlisberger and the Steelers win with that formula a lot more than it loses. As long as you win who cares.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I agree completely, ICE. Many QBs this past weekend had big passing yards, but bigger turnovers, and their teams lost. I think JP's QB rating is something like 88.1%, which is very respectable, and he's not making game changing TOs.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

DiD TDummy and Phil change their mind about Losman yet? TD must like JP now and Phil probably hates JP .He didn't make 100 yds. + a scramble = WIN. Very Flutie like and not Robosack .No. 7 fits him
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

You know I went back and looked at Rothlesburgers stats. Several under 200 yard games, but his TEAM won. I don't think Cowher cares if Ben is a great fantasy QB or not.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

i'm not the biggest JP fan but we can say 0 INT's.he just has to play smart.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Is somebody really complaining about J.P.'s passing yrds? Did they not see us run the ball?
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                Is somebody really complaining about J.P.'s passing yrds? Did they not see us run the ball?
                Oh a certain dummy and his cronies were whining.

Comment

• Crazygoo
                  • Nov 2005

i could care less if JP puts up huge numbers as long as we win. I think once he gets more confident he will put up better numbers
                  :chug: BEER ME!!!

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

Ice, you brought up some good points. I think people are too quick to look at the stat line. Unless you watch the games and understand them, you can't rely on the stat lines. Losman's 83 yards don't reflect the overall better decision making he's doing. They don't reflect the balls thrown away instead of forcing an INT, etc.

I read an article this morning basically b*tching about Tripplett's lack of production. Tripplett and Schobel combined for 1 assist this week. Statistically that looks terrible. However, I actually watched the game and both men played fantastic. Tripplett was in Culpepper's face VERY OFTEN. He didn't get the sack, but the pressure assisted in some of Daunte's bad decisions. Same holds true for Schobel. Part of Denney's success could be attributed to these two. Lord knows I've called Schobel overrated by the local fans on more than one occasion, but the kid played very well this week and deserves credit.

As for the 3 and and half yards per carry - I'll take 3.5 yards every play since it means moving the chains within four downs.

Bottom line is that the team played more intelligently and the coaches coached more intelligently than we've seen in 8 years. If this means we put up poor stats and win by 10 points; well, I'll gladly take it.

My hopes aren't too high this year. I realize that Miami and NE both played poorly on top of all else. I'm also fully aware of the insane amount of youth we have on this team. I fully expect a lot of heart-breaking losses this year. However, for the first time in a long time, I feel comfortable that we have direction. This team may be 6-10 this year, but they are 100% headed the right way. I honestly believe we're a 2007 playoff team, but we'll be fun to watch grow in 2006.

Comment

• 3rdn1
                      • Aug 2006

MOST INPORTANT STAT FOR JP IS 1TD OINTS

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Great post, Ted.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                          Ice, you brought up some good points. I think people are too quick to look at the stat line. Unless you watch the games and understand them, you can't rely on the stat lines. Losman's 83 yards don't reflect the overall better decision making he's doing. They don't reflect the balls thrown away instead of forcing an INT, etc.

I read an article this morning basically b*tching about Tripplett's lack of production. Tripplett and Schobel combined for 1 assist this week. Statistically that looks terrible. However, I actually watched the game and both men played fantastic. Tripplett was in Culpepper's face VERY OFTEN. He didn't get the sack, but the pressure assisted in some of Daunte's bad decisions. Same holds true for Schobel. Part of Denney's success could be attributed to these two. Lord knows I've called Schobel overrated by the local fans on more than one occasion, but the kid played very well this week and deserves credit.

As for the 3 and and half yards per carry - I'll take 3.5 yards every play since it means moving the chains within four downs.

Bottom line is that the team played more intelligently and the coaches coached more intelligently than we've seen in 8 years. If this means we put up poor stats and win by 10 points; well, I'll gladly take it.

My hopes aren't too high this year. I realize that Miami and NE both played poorly on top of all else. I'm also fully aware of the insane amount of youth we have on this team. I fully expect a lot of heart-breaking losses this year. However, for the first time in a long time, I feel comfortable that we have direction. This team may be 6-10 this year, but they are 100% headed the right way. I honestly believe we're a 2007 playoff team, but we'll be fun to watch grow in 2006.
                          Post of the day!

Comment

• Kerr
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Jp has played smart, with the exception of that fumble, in which he tried to make something happen. Fortunately for him, the play was called dead even though it was an actual fumble. Jp got away with one there.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

people who didnt watch the game also dont realize that JP could have very easily had 200 yards and 3 tds if it wasnt for reeds penalty on parrish's td and the pass interference on lee evans that would have scored.

i am seeing what i need to see from JP to be happy.. smart play and taking what is there..

funny thing is.. THIS is how we were supposed to play last season. strong D, good rushing, and smart simple qb play.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X