PDA

View Full Version : Balance of power starting to shift in the NFL

Mitchy moo
09-19-2006, 06:24 AM
After watching a few games this weekend, this came to mind. New Orleans beat Green Bay, NYG beat Philly, Minnesota beat carolina, San fran beat St. Louis, Jax beat pittsburgh (wow), Bills smothering Miami.

What do you think was the biggest suprise this weekend? Please discuss it.

Mitchy moo
09-19-2006, 06:29 AM
After watching a few games this weekend, this came to mind. New Orleans beat Green Bay, NYG beat Philly, Minnesota beat carolina, San fran beat St. Louis, Jax beat pittsburgh (wow), Bills smothering Miami.

Pittsburgh has some great OL/DL but Big Ben just heard from parliament last night, order order order.

Carlton Bailey
09-19-2006, 06:31 AM
None of those outcomes really surprise me, except for the Bills. I didn't see us beating Miami at all, but it happened. I picked the rest to happen.

Mitchy moo
09-19-2006, 06:37 AM
None of those outcomes really surprise me, except for the Bills. I didn't see us beating Miami at all, but it happened. I picked the rest to happen.

Hopefully you can let us in on some outcomes next week, for gambling purposes lol.

Irish Phin Fan
09-19-2006, 06:54 AM
I really enjoyed watching the Pitts-Jax game. It is not often now a days that you see such a great defensive battle. I was suprised at the outcome but it was a great game.

SABURZFAN
09-19-2006, 08:29 AM
i was surprised that san fran won.

Historian
09-19-2006, 08:32 AM

That they actually stopped talking about the freakin Manning Bowl...

:puke:

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2006, 08:34 AM
That they did not do a special on Teddy Bruschi after he had the game-ending int.

Mitchy moo
09-19-2006, 12:29 PM
That they actually stopped talking about the freakin Manning Bowl...

:puke:

Ya really, how hyped up did they play that one geez?

ublinkwescore
09-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Jax winning 9-0? - I picked Jacksonville to win - just like I did over Dallas last week - check for yourself if you're playing the BFZ Pro Football Pick 'em on Yahoo.com

San Fran winning 20-13? 7 30.43% - I picked St. Louis

Minnesota winning 16-13? 2 8.70% - I picked Carolina
NYG winning 30-24? I for some reason picked Philadelphia - I could have sworn though on Sunday (before the game was over) that I had picked the Giants - I remember telling myself that the Eagles beat the texans - that's not a team to get fat on - I don't remember thinking "Where do they play at though" - maybe I did have that thought though.

my biggest surprise though was the 9ers over the Rams.

BillsFever21
09-19-2006, 02:08 PM

The Jags game didn't surprise me. These guys have to be the most underrated team in the league. They were 12-4 last season. They have great coaching and great talent. That game didn't surprise me with them at home. I picked them to win on my football pool.

I picked Green Bay to win only because they were at home. It's never a shocker in this day of age when Green Bay loses though. They are a terrible team.

The Giants and Eagles are both about even. For the Giants to beat Philly at home is a surprise though. It's not like it's a major upset though. The Giants have a great team.

The Vikings were a surprise even though Steve Smith was still injured and missed the game. Carolina's offense is only average at best without him in the lineup. He better come back soon or the Panthers playoffs hopes will be over with due to his injury.

The 49ers beating the Rams is a big surprise. Especially a week after the Rams beat the Broncos(and cost me my 4 game parlay and $300 in vegas) I'm glad the bastards lost. For the 49ers to beat anybody is a surprise. The 49ers have looked pretty good so far though. They won't keep it up but they are playing well.

The Bills beating the Dolphins in the fashion they did is right up there with the 49ers beating the Rams. It's probably the biggest suprise though since the Bills were on the road and the 49ers were at home.

It's too early to say the balance of power has shifted after only 2 games though. I expect that from Skooby though. He's lives one day at a time.

By the end of the season...

If Smith comes back soon the Panthers will still be in the playoffs.

The Dolphins will be 2-2 after the next 2 weeks. They were overhyped but they are still better then their 0-2 record.

The 49ers will still miss the playoffs.

The Rams will miss the playoffs. They wern't a great team to begin with.

Unfortunately our Bills will miss the playoffs too.

The season isn't over with after just 2 games, Skooby. It doesn't surprise me you would think otherwise though when you were judging how well teams were by their preseason victories and losses.

Plenty of teams start the season off 2-0 but still miss the playoffs and many other teams start off 0-2 and still make a run for the playoffs. If this stuff is still going on in Week 8+ then it would be a better time to call it a fact.

Devin
09-19-2006, 02:14 PM
New Orleans starting off 2-0 on the road surprised me.

The dome is going to be rocking for Atlanta.

Mitchy moo
09-19-2006, 02:16 PM
The Jags game didn't surprise me. These guys have to be the most underrated team in the league. They were 12-4 last season. They have great coaching and great talent. That game didn't surprise me with them at home. I picked them to win on my football pool.

I picked Green Bay to win only because they were at home. It's never a shocker in this day of age when Green Bay loses though. They are a terrible team.

The Giants and Eagles are both about even. For the Giants to beat Philly at home is a surprise though. It's not like it's a major upset though. The Giants have a great team.

The Vikings were a surprise even though Steve Smith was still injured and missed the game. Carolina's offense is only average at best without him in the lineup. He better come back soon or the Panthers playoffs hopes will be over with due to his injury.

The 49ers beating the Rams is a big surprise. Especially a week after the Rams beat the Broncos(and cost me my 4 game parlay and $300 in vegas) I'm glad the bastards lost. For the 49ers to beat anybody is a surprise. The 49ers have looked pretty good so far though. They won't keep it up but they are playing well.

The Bills beating the Dolphins in the fashion they did is right up there with the 49ers beating the Rams. It's probably the biggest suprise though since the Bills were on the road and the 49ers were at home.

It's too early to say the balance of power has shifted after only 2 games though. I expect that from Skooby though. He's lives one day at a time.

By the end of the season...

If Smith comes back soon the Panthers will still be in the playoffs.

The Dolphins will be 2-2 after the next 2 weeks. They were overhyped but they are still better then their 0-2 record.

The 49ers will still miss the playoffs.

The Rams will miss the playoffs. They wern't a great team to begin with.

Unfortunately our Bills will miss the playoffs too.

The season isn't over with after just 2 games, Skooby. It doesn't surprise me you would think otherwise though when you were judging how well teams were by their preseason victories and losses.

Plenty of teams start the season off 2-0 but still miss the playoffs and many other teams start off 0-2 and still make a run for the playoffs. If this stuff is still going on in Week 8+ then it would be a better time to call it a fact.

Nice post. I put starting to shift because all of the regular's lately have had their troubles pop up. Teams that never would of beat them are either making it much closer than normal (IE.. BUF VS NE) or winning outright. I know there are always a few upsets early every year but to think any 1 team is spectacular right now based on who they beat is a bit naive. Expect more fireworks and changes at the top come season end, mark this post.

Bill Brasky
09-19-2006, 06:28 PM
That they did not do a special on Teddy Bruschi after he had the game-ending int.

Because they plan on making into a Made-For-TV Movie... around the holiday season.

Bling
09-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Jax has been a team on the rise for a while now.

But we're starting to see the power shift. Outside of Indy, I can't think of any power that's what it's been...

Mitchy moo
09-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Jax has been a team on the rise for a while now.

But we're starting to see the power shift. Outside of Indy, I can't think of any power that's what it's been...

Me either.

BillyT92679
09-19-2006, 10:36 PM
I think Indy's reign is close to ending as well. I think the Jags take the division from them this year.

YardRat
09-19-2006, 10:40 PM
SF beating SL was the biggest surprise for me.