PDA

View Full Version : Simmer Down Now

RedEyE
09-19-2006, 07:47 AM
We had a great game against the Dolphins, and we gave the Pats a run for their money, but I think some of you are letting your expectations get ahead of yourself.

I see this crap on the boards year-after-year, and as soon as the Bills have a bad game the same guys that have been gloating the previous week start bashing the Bills play after 1 loss...or a string of losses. The board becomes riddled with guys wanting this coach fired, or this player benched. The whole F'n board goes Chicken Little.

I like beating the Fish just as much as the next Bills fan, and yes some of the Fish fans deserve eating a little crow, but man some of you guys are brutal. Some are just taking this a little too far.

There are 14 games left, one of them being against Miami in our house. God forbid Miami gets their **** together and destroys us in DECEMBER, in the SNOW, at HOME. Those of you with those lofty expectations are setting up Dolphins fans from across the globe to litter my board with the same bull**** that you fed them.

Just simmer down now. Let's concentrate on the Jets.

SABURZFAN
09-19-2006, 07:49 AM
who the hell is that crotchery(sp?) guy they have?he's been posting some good numbers.

mybills
09-19-2006, 07:52 AM
McCarins & Crotchery are both good. Seems Chad is having a good start, too. We have to cover them (seriously) to win this.

RedEyE
09-19-2006, 07:57 AM
The key to beating this Bills D is quick passes beneath the zone. Pennigton is a master at doing this. I think the Bills should be slightly more conservative with the blitz this week. Chad's quick release is nothing to sneeze at.

The Bills need not change anything on offense, IMO. Keep hammering the ball up the middle. I predict McGahee to have 120 yard day if they stick to the run. Use Losman's arm sparingly. We have some of the best WRs in the league for the those slants and 10-15 yard outs. With their speed they can turn a little play into a monster gain.

Night Train
09-19-2006, 08:11 AM
We had a great game against the Dolphins, and we gave the Pats a run for their money, but I think some of you are letting your expectations get ahead of yourself.

I see this crap on the boards year-after-year, and as soon as the Bills have a bad game the same guys that have been gloating the previous week start bashing the Bills play after 1 loss...or a string of losses. The board becomes riddled with guys wanting this coach fired, or this player benched. The whole F'n board goes Chicken Little.

I like beating the Fish just as much as the next Bills fan, and yes some of the Fish fans deserve eating a little crow, but man some of you guys are brutal. Some are just taking this a little too far.

There are 14 games left, one of them being against Miami in our house. God forbid Miami gets their **** together and destroys us in DECEMBER, in the SNOW, at HOME. Those of you with those lofty expectations are setting up Dolphins fans from across the globe to litter my board with the same bull**** that you fed them.

Well stated.

Unfortunately we now live in a society where staying grounded is boring. Riding the emotional roller coaster and seeking gossip/controversy is more the standard than the exception these days.

Listen to the people on WGR55 radio. They just stir the pot no matter what the team is doing. Then some brain dead lemmings who can't think for themselves parrot the same tripe here.

Take it one game at a time and realize this is probably going to take a while. The Bills are moving in the right direction but those already talking playoffs are setting themselves up for a reactionary explosion. It's not impossible but why rush to judgment and view everything in an unrealistic light ?

Marv, Jauron and company are doing the right thing so far. They just got here and patience is needed. What happened for several years before they arrived no longer applies.

LtBillsFan66
09-19-2006, 08:56 AM
I'd be more concerned if the players were getting ahead of themselves. ;)

ICE74129
09-19-2006, 09:08 AM
I think we tear the jets a new ass and JP goes off for 225+ with willis and co rushing for another 180 total.

mysticsoto
09-19-2006, 09:13 AM
I think we tear the jets a new ass and JP goes off for 225+ with willis and co rushing for another 180 total.

I think the Jets are going to be tougher than we expect them to be. They may have played lame in the 1st half, but they almost came back to beat the Patriots. Pennington is a good QB and we need to hurt him early and often - make him as jittery as Culpepper was!!! If we can stop the run and make them 1-dimensional, we can probably win the game...

justasportsfan
09-19-2006, 09:24 AM
It's gonna be another good game. The jets expect us to run Willis down their throats. JP has handled himself well playng away. I think this time, Fairchild gives him the go signal to throw .

If there is a qb that can expose our youth at db Chad's the guy. I hopes he gets reaquainted with Schobel. I'm sure Chad will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. :couch:

They are pretty much one dimensional without a running game.

L.A. Playa
09-19-2006, 09:47 AM
the Jets barely beat the Titans, so remember the Titans, they suck

Kerr
09-19-2006, 09:49 AM
the Jets barely beat the Titans, so remember the Titans, they suck

If the dolphins can't beat the titans, we'll know they really suck.

madness
09-19-2006, 10:02 AM
I think the Jets are going to be tougher than we expect them to be.

I think that's what every team is now saying about the Bills. :flex:

Meathead
09-19-2006, 10:27 AM
the superbowl is a lock now

madness
09-19-2006, 10:34 AM
the superbowl is a lock now

This is great news! As many times as Marv has been there he should have the freakin key by now.

BillsFever21
09-19-2006, 11:36 AM

I hear ya. This happens every year after our first win. The same people think we're going to the playoffs after our first victory.

The reality is this is still a 6 or 7 win team. If we won anymore then that it would be an incredible year. There is no way we win 11 games and make the playoffs. That's what it's gonna take in the AFC. 10 wins may get the division if we beat the Pats next game and win the rest of our division games.

RedEyE
09-26-2006, 07:00 AM
A little "I told you so"....

mybills
09-26-2006, 07:24 AM
:eek:
Close call there, ICE.