PDA

View Full Version : At this time the Bills are still a

Bufftp
09-19-2006, 08:41 AM
6-10 to 8-8 team.
This may change if we can devolp a little more agrresive passing game and a bettr run defense.

Dr. Lecter
09-19-2006, 08:45 AM
I kinda, somewhat agree with you, but:

1. The AFC East is even weaker this year.
2. Confidence. If this group of young players can build there confidence, they can do better than that.

If I hade to guess, I would say between 7 and 9 wins.

HHURRICANE
09-19-2006, 08:47 AM
7-9 wins is realistic.

OpIv37
09-19-2006, 08:57 AM
No doubt this team still needs work, particularly on Run D and the offensive passing game.

But they have shown a lot more talent than I expected and they should be able to hang with every team on the schedule. I still think it would take a miracle for them to make the playoffs, but a few months ago I thought 6 wins would be a miracle. After watching the first two games, I think 7-9 wins is a realistic expectation. The biggest thing will be executing and not making mistakes: if we turn the ball over and get dumb penalties, we'll lose most of the games. If we can win the turnover battle and avoid big penalties, we'll be flirting with 500.

Historian
09-19-2006, 09:13 AM
The Historian said 7-9, and he stands by that.

But in the back of his mind, he keeps thinking how this defense resembles Jauron's defense in his first year in Chicago. Same for the STs.
:idunno:

Devin
09-19-2006, 09:24 AM
I agree somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8 is probably reasonable.

L.A. Playa
09-19-2006, 09:31 AM
till they lose again 15-1 is mathematically possible

Bufftp
09-19-2006, 09:43 AM
But in the back of his mind, :idunno:

is a dark cavernous cold hollow space :D<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Typ0
09-19-2006, 03:20 PM
I think we are seeing the difference in coaching in just a couple weeks on the field. I also think GW was not that bad of a coach he just made some rookie coach mistakes on the field that beat us...but his teams were ready to play and I like his prospects to become a good coach in the league someday. Malarkey on the other hand...well how the hell could TD have hired a guy with no experience named Malarkey after the last couple coaches I just don't know. But that was his downfall right there because this team has a fair amount of talent.

mayotm
09-19-2006, 03:23 PM
I think we will see the Bills open up the passing game some this Sunday. I think the coaching staff has intentionally brought JP along slowly. Basically waiting for this game to open things up.

Typ0
09-19-2006, 03:28 PM
I think they are more interested in winning football games that JP airing it out. Unless we're behind two TDs with ten minutes left we're going to stick with developing our running game and attacking the short field. There will be some deep shots and we're going to nail some soon but this is never going to turn into an "air it out" offense.

mayotm
09-19-2006, 04:09 PM
I think they are more interested in winning football games that JP airing it out. Unless we're behind two TDs with ten minutes left we're going to stick with developing our running game and attacking the short field. There will be some deep shots and we're going to nail some soon but this is never going to turn into an "air it out" offense.I don't think I suggested it would be an "air it out" offense. I am suggesting that the play calling will be a little less conservative than the first two weeks. There will come a time when the Bills will need to score 16 points to win a game. JP needs to continue developing so he is prepared when that time comes.

Mr. Cynical
09-19-2006, 10:34 PM
5-11

LABillsFan
09-19-2006, 11:03 PM
6-10. I remember a year where N.O.(?) lost 6 or 7 games by less than a TD and I believe 4 of them where by a field goal or less. They hung in every game but lost them. I see the Bills the same way good enough to compete in most games and keep us involved, but a few ticks away from winning them.

Face facts, Brady didn't have a good game and squeeked out a win, Miami just couldn't get in sinc with Culpepper. So far the barameter is The Bills can compete and even win a game against good but struggling teams