PDA

View Full Version : Peter King

northernbillfan
09-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Has no balls whatsoever.

He only awknowledged that he "Got lots of Bills E-mail this week" No mention of his Shirley Temple pronouncement:

I GOT A LOT OF BILLS MAIL THIS WEEK. From Jay of Buffalo: "Welcome aboard the Bills bandwagon. Happy to have you. The biggest story from Buffalo is Marv Levy. Here is a guy that got hammered on draft day for picking players too high. Well, they started five rookies on a defense that was ranked in the bottom five last year and have been very good so far. Can you give Marv some credit for knowing football?''

Absolutely. Levy deserves it. My only problem with not trading down to get Donte Whitner on draft day is that the Bills could have dealt down and picked up an extra second-round pick (or third) and still almost certainly have gotten the guy. I remember calling around after the draft, and no one between picks 8 and 15 was going to take him. And Buffalo had an opportunity to move to 15. But that's over. I think the Bills, obviously, picked the right people on draft day. Talking to the departed Troy Vincent last week, he loves Whitner and thinks he's going to be good for a long time.

Full article (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/19/mailbag/1.html)

THATHURMANATOR
09-19-2006, 12:23 PM
PUSSY!

Jeff1220
09-19-2006, 12:23 PM
What a coward.

hammerbillsfan
09-19-2006, 12:26 PM
He's a dope.

Mitchy moo
09-19-2006, 12:30 PM
These guys change their tune with the passing of a song, ridiculous.

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Typical gutless Shirley Temple. :down:

Sure sounded manly when he made the prediction though, huh?

RedEyE
09-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Typical gutless Shirley Temple. :down:

Sure sounded manly when he made the prediction though, huh?

He's a far cry from being "gut"less.

hammerbillsfan
09-19-2006, 12:46 PM
I have some cereal for him:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/5579-1158463631.jpg

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2006, 12:52 PM
I wrote to Shirley Temple again:

What a gutless omission of the Shirley Temple reference. You sure sounded confident and manly when you pronounced the 0-2 claim though huh? Any real man would come out and say that he was wrong. Otherwise don't make stupid predictions like that, you sissy-mary.

Gunzlingr
09-19-2006, 01:08 PM
What a chicken****.

Earthquake Enyart
09-19-2006, 01:10 PM
I remember calling around after the draft, and no one between picks 8 and 15 was going to take him. And Buffalo had an opportunity to move to 15.

Like everybody tells the truth on draft day. :rolleyes:

LtBillsFan66
09-19-2006, 01:12 PM
What a douche.

ublinkwescore
09-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Has no balls whatsoever.

He only awknowledged that he "Got lots of Bills E-mail this week" No mention of his Shirley Temple pronouncement:

I GOT A LOT OF BILLS MAIL THIS WEEK. From Jay of Buffalo: "Welcome aboard the Bills bandwagon. Happy to have you. The biggest story from Buffalo is Marv Levy. Here is a guy that got hammered on draft day for picking players too high. Well, they started five rookies on a defense that was ranked in the bottom five last year and have been very good so far. Can you give Marv some credit for knowing football?''

Absolutely. Levy deserves it. My only problem with not trading down to get Donte Whitner on draft day is that the Bills could have dealt down and picked up an extra second-round pick (or third) and still almost certainly have gotten the guy. I remember calling around after the draft, and no one between picks 8 and 15 was going to take him. And Buffalo had an opportunity to move to 15. But that's over. I think the Bills, obviously, picked the right people on draft day. Talking to the departed Troy Vincent last week, he loves Whitner and thinks he's going to be good for a long time.

Full article (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/19/mailbag/1.html)

BS!!! Didn't St. Louis already confirm to like several other (more credible) sources that they were gonna take him if he was still there?

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2006, 01:50 PM
BS!!! Didn't St. Louis already confirm to like several other (more credible) sources that they were gonna take him if he was still there?
From this point on we can assume everything this guy writes is based on covering his ass and his ego, regardless of the truth.

RedEyE
09-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Cleveland was looking at him long and hard as well. Whitner's old DB coach now coaches in Cleveland. I'm speculating, but I'm pretty sure they had prearranged their swap with Baltimore to grab Whitner or the next highest defensive player.

HHURRICANE
09-19-2006, 01:52 PM

Yep, he was going for sure before 15. That was an outright lie. What a jerk.

ublinkwescore
09-19-2006, 01:54 PM
That guy's a turd.

JJamezz
09-19-2006, 02:28 PM
King really is a bright one... :coocoo:

What team is gonna come out after the draft and say they would have rather taken a different player than the one they took? Regardless of whether they would have or not, you just don't say things like that. Idiot!

:lolpoint:
sissy-mary

The_Philster
09-19-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure about the Rams, but I know reports came out that the Lions were gonna draft Whitner at #9...King better get new sources...the schmuck

ublinkwescore
09-19-2006, 02:51 PM
I know the Lions were another team - I just don't remember the draft positions...

Kerr
09-19-2006, 03:19 PM
King needs a sex operation.

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2006, 03:41 PM
God no I don't need that visual. :eek:

Philagape
09-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Peter Queen?

DynaPaul
09-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Ok, I don't really read any of Peter King's stuff. But since this whole thing went down I gotta ask - Why is anyone even reading this guy's stuff and paying any attention to him anymore? Obviously the guy has lost all credibility and isn't much of an "expert".

SABURZFAN
09-19-2006, 04:39 PM
when does he change the name on the birth certificate?

northernbillfan
09-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Ok, I don't really read any of Peter King's stuff. But since this whole thing went down I gotta ask - Why is anyone even reading this guy's stuff and paying any attention to him anymore? Obviously the guy has lost all credibility and isn't much of an "expert".
We called King to task after he made a bold prediction in which he says the Bills will start the season 0-2 or my name's Shirley Temple.

We e-mail blitzed his inbox on Sunday and Monday. The only thing he said about it was "Got lots of e-mail from Buffalo this week"

Mitchy moo
09-19-2006, 10:05 PM
PK will come around.

Michael82
09-20-2006, 01:35 PM
That's because he's a ****ing coward.