X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Losman's accuracy is still a problem

I am as thrilled as anyone about Buffalo's big win at Miami, but there are some things we need to work on.

Losman did do what he had to do. Barring a drop on a Lee Evans bomb and the bogus Josh Reed penalty on Parrish's TD, Losman could have easily had 3 TD passes.

What bothers me about him, though, is that his accuracy seems to be off. Even on his completions, receivers seem to be bending over or reaching sideways or jumping up to make the catches.

I think that it is a confidence problem. What Fairchild needs to do, I believe, is let JP roll out and run around back there. It seems that he is much more accurate on the move (where I feel he is most comfortable) rather than in the pocket.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Losman's accuracy is still a problem

Originally posted by Thurmal
    I am as thrilled as anyone about Buffalo's big win at Miami, but there are some things we need to work on.

Losman did do what he had to do. Barring a drop on a Lee Evans bomb and the bogus Josh Reed penalty on Parrish's TD, Losman could have easily had 3 TD passes.

What bothers me about him, though, is that his accuracy seems to be off. Even on his completions, receivers seem to be bending over or reaching sideways or jumping up to make the catches.

I think that it is a confidence problem. What Fairchild needs to do, I believe, is let JP roll out and run around back there. It seems that he is much more accurate on the move (where I feel he is most comfortable) rather than in the pocket.
    You're kidding right? He completed 61% of his passes and people are still complaining? NO QB puts it where its supposed to be every time.

Christ folks....

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

If anything, it's an O line/pass protection problem. In the face of Miami's constant blitzing, JP barely had time to get the ball away. I thought he was very good under difficult circumstances.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        If anything, it's an O line/pass protection problem. In the face of Miami's constant blitzing, JP barely had time to get the ball away. I thought he was very good under difficult circumstances.
        and STILL more than 60% completion rate and no turnovers.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Thurmal

He is a work in progress but is not doing anything to lower our chances of winning. We have had no turnover's on 2 big road games, that is saying alot. Both of the teams we played we're supposed to have SB dreams but we played them well both games.

JP just needs to find a comfort zone in the pocket and move when necessary.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
            You're kidding right? He completed 61% of his passes and people are still complaining? NO QB puts it where its supposed to be every time.

Christ folks....
            Agreed.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

I don't blame the O-Line 100%. I blame the playcalling. Don't get me wrong, I think this is something that will improve week to week with the coaching staff we have right now. Once the O establishes itself more, we'll see more playaction, etc and defenses won't be able to tee off like they have been able to do the last few years. I'm confident the coaches will gameplan around any weaknesses.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

I also think they had a very conservative gameplan.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

The Losmanites complained that Holcomb Comp. % was made up of dumpoffs. Now JP is doing the samething and yet he gets praise for it. Hypocritical I think.

Attack Losmanites, attack.
                  Last edited by TacklingDummy; 09-19-2006, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

They haven't even loosened Losman's leash yet. He's doing as told. Accurately and with as much precision as you could ask from your QB. I don't care if the guy throws under 100 yards a game. If he keys in on being as accurate as he has been in the past two games, this team could a go a long way before he has to get some air under the ball. Right now his confidence is multiplying.

And quite frankly, it's been a long time since I've seen a QB in Buffalo that can launch the ball like JP can, having it just drop into the money basket. He has more than enough accuracy for me.

I'm eager to see what else he is capable of handling.

Comment

• gil
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                      The Losmanites complained that Holcomb Comp. % was made up of dumpoffs. Now JP is doing the samething and yet he gets praise for it. Hypocritical I think.
                      Well, the Holcombites also said that JP couldn't throw the short passes/dumpoffs, that all he had was the long ball and now they refuse to even give the kid an inch. Hypocritical I think.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

The complaint about Holcomb is that was ALL he could do.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

The trouble is, Holcomb is neither quick nor athletic enough to have dumped it off successfully against their blitz. I think he would have turned it over a couple of times, at least.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

Losman had accuracy issues in the first half of the Miami game where he was one of six passing. Some of those were long attempts including one past to Lee Evans that would have been very nice. As I recall on that play, Evans pulled up just the tiniest bit and looked back while the ball was in the air. Had he kept running full out, the ball would have dropped right in his hands. On another play, Evans missed the hot read on a blitz and Losman's pass went in the turf. I'm not blaming Evans for all the misses. Losman was definitely off on a few throws. Maybe it was feeling the pressure. I'm not sure. I'm not really worried though. I think he's fine and the long ball will come. That was his strength last season. I'm very pleased that in the second half on the dink and dunk game he was exceedingly accurate. That tells me he's going to be a well rounded QB who will be able to adapt and take what the defense gives him. If teams play a two deep zone and get lots of pressure, Losman will be able to attack that with screens and short dump offs. If they load the box man up the WRs, Losman has the mobility to role out and kill teams with the long pass.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

KH INT's on short passes eliminate your arguement. One other factor is having a simplified game plan on the road is very important, it helps eliminate mistakes and turnover's.

Comment

Working...
                              X