PDA

View Full Version : Here is a positive about JP in the national media

L.A. Playa
09-19-2006, 01:01 PM
• Philip Rivers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6763/) and J.P. Losman (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6781/) aren't the third-year quarterbacks people should be concerned about. Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6770/) (zero touchdowns, two interceptions, 38.7 passer rating) is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cnnsi-whatwevelearned&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

Jan Reimers
09-19-2006, 01:26 PM
So, Big Ben's Bubble's Blessedly Bursting?

OpIv37
09-19-2006, 01:27 PM
who would've thought that after 2 games, Losman would have 0 turnovers to Rothlisberger's 2 and Brady's 4? I hope that trend continues.

X-Era
09-19-2006, 07:45 PM
who would've thought that after 2 games, Losman would have 0 turnovers to Rothlisberger's 2 and Brady's 4? I hope that trend continues. Still need a breakout game through the air. The great teams have complete game. They may not dominate in all areas, but they can get the job done in all if needed to win games. We need to show an ability to rely on the pass if the run breaks down. JP's first td throw was beautiful and it looked to me that the Evans pass would have been a TD as well. So far, in 2 games, hes only had 1 TD. He hasnt had any turnovers, but he also had the safety. Id like a 200 yard+ 2 TD, no int game soon to show our opponents defenses they cant simply stack the line. That said, we just did well against 2 strong D's at least versus the run and ended up with 2 90+ total yard games with McGahee. Thats not good enough for me, but it would mean a 1440 yard season, that would be pretty good. Our D is why we have been so tough, our O has yet to show its playoff caliper, they havent lost games for us, but they havent won them yet either.

kinigirly
09-19-2006, 07:57 PM
i'm glad to see the baby steps in the media's view on jp. of course everytime he makes a mistake i feel like they're always gonna say "well that's typical jp losman for you" no matter what

Mitchy moo
09-19-2006, 07:59 PM
i'm glad to see the baby steps in the media's view on jp. of course everytime he makes a mistake i feel like they're always gonna say "well that's typical jp losman for you" no matter what

not if you go 15-1 and win the SB, lol.

RedEyE
09-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Honestly, at this point, I can't even see the Steelers even making the playoffs. Their division is a nightmare so far this season.

I rate the Bengals and the Ravens higher then the Steelers and the Browns usually give Pittsburgh a fight as well.

I think that division will finish out:
Bengals
Ravens
Steelers
Browns

If the Bengals and the Ravens make the playoffs, chances are the Steelers will be SOL.

EDS
09-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Honestly, at this point, I can't even see the Steelers even making the playoffs. Their division is a nightmare so far this season.

I rate the Bengals and the Ravens higher then the Steelers and the Browns usually give Pittsburgh a fight as well.

Bengals
Ravens
Steelers
Browns

If the Bengals and the Ravens make the playoffs, chances are the Steelers will be SOL.

They only have one loss, hardly the end of the world for them. They will rebound, though maybe not against Cinncinati.

Mitchy moo
09-19-2006, 09:18 PM
They only have one loss, hardly the end of the world for them. They will rebound, though maybe not against Cinncinati.

cincy is an injury or two away from .500.

EDS
09-19-2006, 09:25 PM

If you are talking about Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson I agree.

Mitchy moo
09-19-2006, 09:27 PM
If you are talking about Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson I agree.

I am, if CP keeps hanging CJ out to dry it will happen sooner than later.

Crisis
09-19-2006, 10:08 PM

What winning team isn't?

RedEyE
09-20-2006, 07:33 AM

It's more than that. Pittsburgh's O is not as good without Bettis and Randle El. Their defense will keep them in games but don't expect much from their offense. They just don't have as many weapons they once had.

Earthquake Enyart
09-20-2006, 07:36 AM
I am, if CP keeps hanging CJ out to dry it will happen sooner than later.
MAn, did you see CJ get his helmet blown off last week? :rofl:

Night Train
09-20-2006, 07:38 AM

Bengals
Ravens
Steelers
Browns

That's a very real possibility.