PDA

View Full Version : Joe DeLamieulleure.

justasportsfan
09-19-2006, 01:03 PM
This was posted on FH by a finfan , MastR_EvaluatoR ...thanks

I live in Niagara Falls Canada and I clearly get the WGR 550 signal from Buffalo and was listening from 4pm to 5pm yesterday .. They had a guest on (who I forgot his name) who was an offensive linemen for them and played in the NFL for 13 seasons. He said he also for Cleveland late in his NFL career ( he said he played in the arena league too , and at the age of 42 !) . So if some Buffalo guy knows his name, post it.. His last name wasn't easy to remember .

With that said, he said alot of interesting things .. I will list them in order:

- Was not surprised Buffalo won as he thought Buffalo's Quick defense would disrupt Miami's slow prodding offensive line and a gimpy Culpepper.. As a matter of fact, he thought the onslaught would be worse.

- He said a microcosm of the game was when Miami went deep to Chambers, McGee their corner had absolute stellar coverage knocking the ball away . When Buffalo went deep, the dolphins commited a pass interference tackling the Buffalo receiver before the ball came..

- He said , after he retired from football, that he was with Liberty University in some capacity . He said Liberty played Central Florida while Culpepper was there.. He said that while standing on the sidelines of that game, that Culpepper has many intangible deficiencies as a QB . And he said now that his athleticism cannot cover those deficiencies as a passer because of his injury, he will be exposed as a flatout BAD QB .. The host of the show mentioned after that comment that he was on the radio and said the same thing before the season, like he remembered him mentioning it.. So basically, he wasn't saying C-pep sucks after the fact Sunday, but before the season.. The former NFL player also said that image of how inept he was in college against "Little Liberty" as he called it, has always been etched in his mind.

- He said football is a simple game, it's commentators on TV that try to make it complicated . He said just look at the teams who run the ball 30 times. He said it doesn't matter if you dont average 4 yards a carry, just keep running the ball because the clock keeps running unlike an incomplete pass when the clock stops.. He said this is VITAL as it keeps the defense off the field and rested. He Said just look at the teams who rush about 30 times a game and there is a much greater percentage of those teams winning.

- Was shocked Miami only ran Ronnie Brown twice in the 2nd half after Buff went up 10-0.. He said it was a crime and it wasn't like Miami was down 28 and had to pass so much, they were just down by 10 !! .. And he said he was not surprised as he witnessed Mularkey during his stint in Buffalo.. Thought Saban was nuts to hire him.. He even said Mularkey is full of Malarkey since he thinks the running game is not vital .. LOL . Yes, I laughed with him on that one with agreement .

- SAid Saban is too much of a screamer and gets in players faces way too much.. He said it may work in college, but professional players dont stand for that crap.. He said Miami had another coach like that in Jimmy Johnson, and we know how that ended . He said players will separate from the coach and disconnect.. He said he cant figure out why magazines think Saban is a genius ? He said Dennis Erickson also won titles in college but was a horrible NFL coach.. And alluded that Saban is 9-9 as an NFL coach and hardly great .

- Said he knew Miami was in deep trouble when they had a starting guard in Bennie Anderson, a guard who he said he has never seen so bad playing in Buffalo since before his playing days . He said, if he is Miami's starting guard, how in the heck can any publication pick that team to do any damage in the playoffs ? Let alone think Miami can win the division over a superior talented New England team.

- Basically said Miami is a 5-11 to 8-8 team and said it will be proven at the end of the season . He said that had the Bills not had an idiot like Mularkey last season, they would have easily won that comeback game vs the Dolphins last season. It would have never came down to that in the 4th qtr .. . Plus New England pulled all their starters in the last game of the year last season and Miami could only beat their backups by a point . He said Miami was really a 7-9 team last season and the 6 wins at the end were a mirage when looking how it really happened..

-Oh , and he said another thing which I agree with.. When the host of the show was talking about #1 , #2 receivers, he interupted the host by saying " who cares who the #1 or #2 receiver is, just throw to the guy who's open, case closed" .. He said that's another example how people try to complicate a very simple game by calling all kinds of dumb new phrases like #1 and number 2 receivers etc.. Why try to force the ball to the #1 receiver when the #2 or #3 can be much more open ?

-He said that's why he's glad Mularkey and all the Malarkey that comes with him is out of Buffalo, because he concentrated on stupid phrases like #1 receiver and forced the issue too much instead of going with the path of least resistance. And said Buffalo is a much better team by just subtracting Mularkey's Malarkey . He said he's glad Miami's got him and when he saw him on TV throughout the game calling the plays from the booth, he was happy he was not in Buffalo's booth but instead in the booth of a division rival..

-He said the situation could not have turned out better in his eyes.. And he said the game-calling in that game Sunday was proof how inept Mularkey is since Mularkey knows that Buffalo team more than any coach or co-ordinator outside of Buffalo this season .. He said he was baffled by that playcalling on a defense Mularkey knows.. But he said he then remembered it was Mularkey and was not surprised.

-He ended by saying, if he calls such horrid play-calling against a team he knows well in Buffalo, how much more awful will he be when he calls plays against teams he doesn't know ? Then he said - " Like I said, 5-11 to 8-8 , and 8-8 is being generous" .. Said Ronnie Brown is the real deal and Miami has a couple more good players but that's it.. They are far from a good team, their two best defensive players are old and have no rising super-star on defense like other good teams .

- Lastly, he said Mularkey was also 9-7 in Buffalo like Saban in his first year in Miami, so Saban's 9-7 first year record means nothing considering how Mularkey turned out later in Buffalo.

- Finished by saying Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl as soon as Malarkey left that organization.. Said it was no coincidence.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am not posting this to bash Culpepper but simply because I agree completely with the wr # 1, wr # 2, etc. point Joe is trying to make. That is how I viewed Marsha Brady as opposed to a Drew Bledose. You throw to whoever is open. This is something I've seen JP try to do in preseason that I hope he does in regular games.(he's been doing it so far) Distribute the ball to whoever is open....justa

Devin
09-19-2006, 01:13 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAMN!

Gunzlingr
09-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Nice.

Historian
09-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Joe D should know....he's a coach too.

A couple points...College coaches need to tone down their style for the NFL, it just isn't the same thing. The players know that it's the coaches program that's on the line, not them. The players know they have the upper hand, as its they who we go out to see every week...not the coaches.

Also, the simplicity thing is important. Do what works, Do it until they stop it.
How many times did mularkey out-think even himself last year, and end up looking silly? He isn't even a good coordinator, much less a good head coach.

RedEyE
09-19-2006, 01:21 PM
I think he might be slightly bias. Overall I like his comments because they are just what you would expect to hear from an old blue collar player.

Carlton Bailey
09-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Joe D is absolutely correct, and I can't wait until he's officially proven right on all fronts, mainly Culpepper sucking and the Dolphins being a terrible team.

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2006, 01:37 PM
:hail:Joe D

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2006, 01:38 PM
He basically said everything we're saying, only that he has media cred and we don't.

OpIv37
09-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Joe D should know....he's a coach too.

A couple points...College coaches need to tone down their style for the NFL, it just isn't the same thing. The players know that it's the coaches program that's on the line, not them. The players know they have the upper hand, as its they who we go out to see every week...not the coaches.

Also, the simplicity thing is important. Do what works, Do it until they stop it.
How many times did mularkey out-think even himself last year, and end up looking silly? He isn't even a good coordinator, much less a good head coach.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- on some of Mularkeys play calling, you can almost hear him thinking: "That's so stupid they'll NEVER expect us to do it!"

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Mularkey's playcalling logic is like a third grader's logic to rock-paper-scissors.

If I go rock then he goes paper then I should go scissors then he'll go rock and won't expect me to go paper...that's it... :scratch: