PDA

View Full Version : Reading this board is like riding a rollercoaster

EDS
09-19-2006, 08:52 PM
This place goes from high to low and back up again in nanoseconds. One loss and the team will be lucky to win 3 games; one win and we are in the playoff hunt.

Count me among the moderates - It is still way to early to judge. Yes we know the pass defense is very good, the special teams is great and the young guys seem to get it. But, the run defense remains a question mark, the offense still has lots of holes and inexperience frequently catches up with teams. All that means is that it will take another 2-4 games to get a handle on this team.

Mitchy moo
09-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Hopefullyndle we'll be 5-1 then and have that handle that you mentioned. I think we improve as the season goes on and the schedule favors more than a few potential wins late.

EDS
09-24-2006, 07:22 PM
The rollercoaster ride continues.

LABillsFan
09-24-2006, 07:25 PM
All aboard!

BillsFever21
09-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Hopefullyndle we'll be 5-1 then and have that handle that you mentioned. I think we improve as the season goes on and the schedule favors more than a few potential wins late.

I thought are team was so good we have "gimmie" games and we were gonna be 7-1 at our bye week.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 07:29 PM
LMAO I called this on thursday or friday. We are a REBUILDING TEAM and some need to come to grips with that. We finish the rebuilding process with a better OL, better #2 WR And some guys that can get more constant pressure in the front 4 and LB's that can friggin tackle, and we will be where we want to be

BillsFever21
09-24-2006, 07:31 PM
The reason why you see the rollercoaster is too many people looks at how good our team is one game at a time.

You have some people who just think our team is better then it is no matter what. You have others who take 1 win to an extreme and think everything is solved then. Those are the same people who after a loss takes that one to extreme too much because they got so high off of the first victory.

Then you have people who see the team for what it is and doesn't take a win to the extreme because we realize it's just one victory. We know that one victory doesn't make our team great. We realize we still have a long way to go.

Next victory we have the same people will be going crazy and predicting us to make the playoffs again and winning 11 games this year...that is till the next loss.

DynaPaul
09-24-2006, 07:34 PM
No need to worry. We're still gelling and developing. We're gonna have games like these.

BillsFever21
09-24-2006, 07:41 PM
No need to worry. We're still gelling and developing. We're gonna have games like these.

This loss had nothing to do with the team gelling and young guys developing. We lost this game because of coaching decisions.

Jauron isn't a young guy who needs to devolop his coaching. He's been in the league for 20 years.

If we lost this game because we fell short due to players needing to develop and gell together then that would be fine. Them reasons had nothing to do with us losing this game.

The coaches lost this game. I yes I agree we will have more games like these because coaching decisions will lose us many more games this year. Both of our losses had nothing to do with new and/or young players. It had to do with the coaching staff getting their asses kicked and making stupid calls during the game.

EDS
09-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Personally, I expect this season (particularly the first half of the season) to be up and down given the number of young players on the field.

BillsFever21
09-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Had the coaches coached a great game but we fell short due to young players who need to gell and develop together then this would be fine.

This isn't the case. The coaches made some terrible decisions and that's why we're 1-2.

Jauron isn't a first year coach. He failed his first chance in the league. Within 3 years after he got his pink slip and they hired his replacement in Lovie Smith the Bears are one of the best teams in the league.

Jauron failed in both of our losses and he will never take this team to where it needs to be. He may lead them to be a competitive team who may see the playoffs every now and then but he will never lead this team into contention for a championship.

He took victory away from us already twice this season by bad decisions. That's not a good start and there will be more to come. There is a reason why this guy never had another chance since he was fired even though there have been about 25 coaching changes during that time. He couldn't even get an interview for a HC job with anybody else this offseason. He is a joke.