Re: TV Maps Week3 Buffalo gets one game

poop.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

How the hell does Giants @ Seattle get special treatment?
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

I'll be there, no tv for me.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

shut up skoob, I wanted to record it.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by mybills
            shut up skoob, I wanted to record it.
            lol.

Comment

• BillyT92679
              • Jul 2002

I never understood this scenario. Say CBS has a doubleheader and the Bills play at the 1 PM block on CBS at home. The game sells out and is broadcasted live over the air in Upstate NY (Channel 4 in Buffalo, 8 in Rochester, 5 in Syracuse/Utica-Rome). In Rochester and Syracuse and everywhere else, the 4:15 PM game on CBS is shown. In the Buffalo market only there is no game shown on CBS at 4:15 PM. (the same is true if the Bills played on Fox and Fox had the doubleheader)... sort of a double-blackout that only affects the team's home market, and not secondary markets within its geographic region. If the Bills game were blacked out however, both games would be shown.

I also always wondered why say Vikings at Bills is on Fox and Bills at Vikings is on CBS. I think it's a holdover to when there was real conference/league rivalry and you would not want AFC announcers covering a game at an AFC ball park due to inherent bias toward the AFC (or NFC in their home stadium) but I could be wrong.

The NFL has such Byzantine rules when it comes to television... the five houses that were in the Syracuse broadcast area that were within 100 miles of the center of Rich Stadium which allowed for black-outs of Syracuse and Utica-Rome is another weird example.
              Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BillyT92679
                I never understood this scenario. Say CBS has a doubleheader and the Bills play at the 1 PM block on CBS at home. The game sells out and is broadcasted live over the air in Upstate NY (Channel 4 in Buffalo, 8 in Rochester, 5 in Syracuse/Utica-Rome). In Rochester and Syracuse and everywhere else, the 4:15 PM game on CBS is shown. In the Buffalo market only there is no game shown on CBS at 4:15 PM. (the same is true if the Bills played on Fox and Fox had the doubleheader)... sort of a double-blackout that only affects the team's home market, and not secondary markets within its geographic region. If the Bills game were blacked out however, both games would be shown.

I also always wondered why say Vikings at Bills is on Fox and Bills at Vikings is on CBS. I think it's a holdover to when there was real conference/league rivalry and you would not want AFC announcers covering a game at an AFC ball park due to inherent bias toward the AFC (or NFC in their home stadium) but I could be wrong.

The NFL has such Byzantine rules when it comes to television... the five houses that were in the Syracuse broadcast area that were within 100 miles of the center of Rich Stadium which allowed for black-outs of Syracuse and Utica-Rome is another weird example.
                I guess you draw the line somewhere, right?

Comment

• BillyT92679
                  • Jul 2002

It's just bizarre how they do it.
                  For a strip of land no bigger than a football field, a million people were put in a black-out zone.
                  Though looking at these maps, they might have done some changes to the rules.
                  One thing I have noticed is that we're getting halftime highlights (and cutaways I think too) to games actually playing on FOX while watching CBS. Never used to see that before.... would have to wait until the Fox game went final first.
                  Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BillyT92679
                    CBS carries all away AFC games and Fox carries all away NFC games. Been that way for a long time - not sure of the reason though outside of just dividing up the games in a consistent manner.

Comment

• BillyT92679
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                      CBS carries all away AFC games and Fox carries all away NFC games. Been that way for a long time - not sure of the reason though outside of just dividing up the games in a consistent manner.
                      To be honest, I always sort of liked that. It was rare to see a Bills game on Fox (or CBS before 1994) and it was cool to watch Rich Stadium on the "other" network. I dug CBS' broadcasts more than NBC's. I always remember that usually one of the Bills games on CBS/Fox would not air in Central NY because the local affiliates would air a Giants game instead.

Comment

• PUCKER
                        • Sep 2004

I gotta laugh at their 'coverage'.
                        Zapper's Hit List:
                        SABURZFAN -
                        SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
                        Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
                        http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

Comment

• BillyT92679
                          • Jul 2002

It is sort of a bizarre set-up. The way these things get picked is strange.

Must be a lot of Colts fans in Western ND and Eastern Montana.

Boston should have Jets at Bills, not Cincy at Pitt.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

2 HD weeks in a row here!

And I'm allowed to gloat, because w/ 2 local teams here in Jet/Giant land, its very rare to get the national game like last week - so its usually only 2x a year vs. the Jets.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                              Closet Bills Fan
                              • Nov 2004

well this is the preliminary list.......tv stations can always change their coverage....... as far as seattle/nyg..... wow thats quite a large swath of land.....

as far as buffalo being "blacked out" for 1 of the fox games, i think there is some agreement between fox/cbs (depending on afc/nfc) to not air a game while the team is playing a home game, as that would interfere.....

rather dumb, but eh, if u want to see a 1pm fox game go to a sports bar i guess..... me.... ill be at the ralph all decked out in jets gear

j-e-t-s
                              jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

Working...
                              X