• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fatwhite02
    Colorado's Biggest Bills Fan
    • Feb 2003

Atlanta sets the price for FA linebackers

Atlanta signed Keith Brooking to a seven year $41 million dollar deal including a 10.5 million dollar signing bonus. With this done it will set the mark for what many other FA LB negotiate with. I think Spikes will be wanting a similar deal.
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Thanks FatW2.

Clump or Eb Break down the contract for us

PLEASE-n-THANK YOU
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Ouch...just shy of $6M a year??
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Good news is I can't see Cincy spending 20 million in signing bonuses for the first overall pick and matching a contract like Brooking received for Spikes. Bad news that is a lot of money for a linebacker and I can see Cincy matching this type of offer and trading down in the draft because there are less guarantees from a player coming out of college.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

That's an unusually long contract. I wonder if it's heavily backloaded. Doing the math, $30.5 million of it is salary. That's an average of a little over $4.35 million per year. It could start out at under three million per year. Atlanta might be able to cut him or renegotiate after five years with only a modest dead cap hit. Perhaps that means the bar isn't raised as high as we might fear.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i believe it is backloaded tiger.. his cap his is not that great this year, i believe i heard him say that in a quote.. he said something along the lines of, with the way it was structured, then can still go out and particate in FA to make a superbowl run...

i do remember one sticking point or hold being that the signing bonus wasnt big enough for such a backloaded deal too..

not sure about the opt out clauses though.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
            X