PDA

View Full Version : Teammates Jealous Of Jerry Porter For Being Benched

Gunzlingr
09-20-2006, 04:57 PM
OAKLAND--For the second week in a row, Raiders receiver Jerry Porter was placed on the inactive list by head coach Art Shell, where he was forced to watch from the sidelines as his team was crushed by the Baltimore Ravens, 28-6. Afterwards, his teammates admitted they were jealous of Porter because they wanted to sit out, too.
“It’s not fair. Why does he get to sit on the sidelines while we have to go out there and play?” said receiver Alvin Whitted, who had 3 catches for 45 yards. “He shoots his mouth off and makes a big stink and insults the head coach, and then he gets rewarded with two consecutive weeks off? Yea, that’s fair. I guess if you act like a good person and a team player the only reward you get is to catch balls from some guy named Andrew Walter.”
Even Walter, the Raiders backup quarterback who stepped in when Aaron Brooks got injured, found himself envying Porter as he relaxed on the sidelines.
“Right around the start of the fourth quarter I remember looking over and seeing Jerry standing there all content, and thinking ‘that should be me,’” said Walter. “Look at me. I barely know what the hell I’m doing. I’m, like, an emergency quarterback at best. What did I do to deserve a starting job? Oh, I know: I was behind Aaron Brooks on the depth chart. That pretty much guarantees you a staring job eventually.”

More (http://www.thebrushback.com/porter_full.htm)

FlyingDutchman
09-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Wow sounds like some great attitudes. The Oakland ship is sinking like a stone and its only week 2. They are last in EVERY offensive category.

Mitchy moo
09-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Oh man, I basically took Oakland for my fantasy team. J / K.

Forward_Lateral
09-21-2006, 06:17 AM
:rofl: Gunz, you're killing me here.

HAMMER
09-21-2006, 07:16 AM
Wow sounds like some great attitudes. The Oakland ship is sinking like a stone and its only week 2. They are last in EVERY offensive category.

:handball: Someone falls for this everytime.

jamze132
09-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Man, if guys are making public statements about each other like that, that team is in for an 0-16 season. I am sorry, but a proffesional athlete shouldn't act like a litle whining *****!

jamze132
09-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Man, if guys are making public statements about each other like that, that team is in for an 0-16 season. I am sorry, but proffesional athletes shouldn't act like little whining *****es!

Nice return to the NFL, Art.

Gunzlingr
09-21-2006, 10:32 AM
:rofl:

Jeff1220
09-21-2006, 11:03 AM
It's satire...that is probably very close to truth.