PDA

View Full Version : McGahee has history on his side vs. Jets

gil
09-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Hopefully, this trend continues - I have the feeling Willis is going to have his breakout game (not that he's been bad) this week...and we're going to manhandle the damn Jets!!

Despite McGahee's slightly above average but disappointing career, he's struck it rich all four times he's faced Buffalo's Week 3 opponent, the <acronym title="New York Jets News">New York Jets</acronym> . For reasons unbeknownst to most, the 6-foot, 228-pound McGahee, for lack of a better term, has owned the Jets' defense, no matter who's on it.

In 2004, McGahee's first season with the Bills, he gashed the "Gang Green" defense for 174 yards on 45 carries in two games. The RB's highlight against the Jets was his effort on Nov. 7 of that season, when he led Buffalo to an upset victory, 22-17, gaining 132 yards on 37 carries. Though McGahee only averaged 3.6 yards per carry that afternoon, his ability to exhaust the Jet D and keep the Bills' unit off the field and fresh was key.

-snip-

In the Bills' first matchup against the Jets, a Week 6 contest, McGahee led them to victory, picking up 143 yards and a touchdown on 29 carries. Following that Jet-crushing effort, he ran for 113 yards in the season-closing game in the Meadowlands last January, but the Bills still lost, 30-26.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/09/bills-mcgahee-jets210906.html

Carlton Bailey
09-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Willis is going for 150 or more this weekend. I can feel it. This is WM's game to finally breakout and get rolling for this year.

FlyingDutchman
09-21-2006, 10:27 AM
I sure hope so, hes on my fanatasy team and doin squat right now. Ive noticed they seem to stop running him later in the game. This should be the time to run him more bc the defense is all tired out. Its not like we've had to come from behind and pass a lot either.