PDA

View Full Version : Football.com- Jets tough out but Bills win!

Mitchy moo
09-21-2006, 01:03 PM
I was 10-6 in my picks last week, and had another tough week against the spread, going just 7-9. If the favored Panthers and Eagles could have held on after seeming to be in control in the fourth quarter, things would have ended up better. And if my grandmother had two wheels, she'd be a bicycle. I am now 19-13 (.594) straight up, and 13-19 (.406) with Vegas involved.

N.Y. Jets (1-1) at Buffalo (1-1), Sunday, 1:00 (Buffalo -5½)
Storylines: Home opener for Bills, who were edged by Patriots (19-17) and defeated Dolphins (16-6) in their first two contests...Buffalo quarterback (http://www.football.com/cgi-bin/articycler/localize.cgi?category=NFL&CID=5&PID=2683&HID=1&at=nfl1.shtml&articleTitle=Line+of+Scrimmage:+Week+3+-+Andersen+Turns+Back+Clock#) J.P. Losman, who is 1-3 in four career starts at Ralph Wilson Stadium, makes his first home appearance of the 2006 regular season...Buffalo joins San Diego as one of two NFL teams that have yet to commit a turnover in 2006...Bills have 10 sacks through their first two games, which leads the AFC...Jets quarterback Chad Pennington joins the Eagles' Donovan McNabb as the only two NFL signal-callers with 300-yard games in their first two outings of 2006... Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes (hamstring), who missed last week's win, considered questionable...New York wideout Laveranues Coles leads the NFL in receiving yards (253), and is one of three receivers (Marvin Harrison, Antonio Bryant) to post 100 receiving yards in his first two games of 2006...Jets running backs have accumulated just 150 yards on 52 carries (2.9 yards per carry) thus far.
Fast Fact: The home team has won the last seven installments of the Jets/Bills series, with the last road win in the series coming for the Jets, 37-31 in overtime, in 2002. Prediction: Bills will play with emotion in their home opener, but Jets look like they're going to be a tough out each and every week. Bills 17, Jets 14.

http://www.football.com/cgi-bin/articycler/localize.cgi?category=NFL&CID=5&PID=2683&HID=1&at=nfl1.shtml&articleTitle=Line+of+Scrimmage:+Week+3+-+Andersen+Turns+Back+Clock