PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gonna watch Va. vs Georgia Tech?

X-Era
09-21-2006, 06:25 PM
I still think Dwayne Jarrett (USC) is the better WR, but many think Calvin Johnson might be the best player in the whole draft.

With Evans getting double teamed, you can argue you need a 2nd threat to keep the D honest.

Our pass game has been slowed with Evans getting the double. I feel any strong team should have complete game. I also feel we are short of bigtime playmakers on this squad. Could a guy like Calvin Johnson put this team deep into the playoffs?

2 big threats, a strong armed QB, and an improving RB and OL. I can see this being a key. Especially with our D being so strong with very good looking youngsters.

Lets watch this game and see how good Calvin looks

Carlton Bailey
09-21-2006, 06:37 PM
A definite possibility. Marv went defense in the first draft, so he'll probably lean toward the offense next time. You never know, though, with Marv. He's probably sitting at OBD thinking his genius thoughts. What a guy.

X-Era
09-21-2006, 06:45 PM
A definite possibility. Marv went defense in the first draft, so he'll probably lean toward the offense next time. You never know, though, with Marv. He's probably sitting at OBD thinking his genius thoughts. What a guy.

I see us doing MUCH more than people thought we would this year.

That said, we may NOT in fact be in rebuilding mode but rather finding the few missing pieces.

Under that concept, a guy like Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett could be the needed piece to keep our O wide open. We know Fairchild will want playmakers considering he had Kennison and Holt. Could it be Evans and Johnson?

BTW, my second rounder of choice is Buster Davis who is a Fletcher CLONE!

The_Philster
09-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Nope...tonight's all about this (http://www.nfl.com/cheerleaderplayoffs) as far as I'm concerned :D

Ron Burgundy
09-21-2006, 06:53 PM
We're not gonna pick high enough to get Calvin. He's the real deal.

That said, I hope he and Reggie run into each other and knock themselves out of the game during warmups. :pray:

Scumbag College
09-21-2006, 07:29 PM
There's a couple OTs that are going to be first round picks this year. I'm leaning towards one of them for right now.

patmoran2006
09-21-2006, 07:40 PM
IF we're drafting Calvin Johnson.. that means we're picking in the top five.

X-Era
09-21-2006, 07:46 PM
IF we're drafting Calvin Johnson.. that means we're picking in the top five. Or moving up for him