PDA

View Full Version : No more rebuilding!

Patrick76777
09-22-2006, 07:43 AM
The word has such negative connotations. It’s almost akin to conceding defeat.

I recommend that we bail on the whole “rebuilding” concept and stop using the word.

In lieu of Rebuilding, I say we call it a Youth Movement!

Youth Movement suggests that we’re moving in a new direction, but semantically speaking, it doesn’t put us behind the 8-ball.

SquishDaFish
09-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Every team in every sport is rebuilding EVERY year. They rebuild every year to win the championship

ICE74129
09-22-2006, 09:06 AM

I recommend that we bail on the whole “rebuilding” concept and stop using the word.

Youth Movement suggests that we’re moving in a new direction, but semantically speaking, it doesn’t put us behind the 8-ball.

I recommend some get a clue, we are rebuilding. This team isn't anywhere near where it needs to be. Tons of moves still to be made

Patrick76777
09-22-2006, 09:10 AM
I recommend some get a clue, we are rebuilding. This team isn't anywhere near where it needs to be. Tons of moves still to be made

You're not getting my point! It just sailed 15 yards over your head.

It's the same thing, but the change in terms removes a lot of the negative assc. with the word, "rebuilding"!

!Papacrunk!
09-22-2006, 10:57 PM
I know my team is still rebuilding (check my off season posts, not making this statement after the 1st two losses,) but how may times does a team rebuild before new terms need to be utilized?

ICE74129
09-23-2006, 09:51 AM
You're not getting my point! It just sailed 15 yards over your head.

It's the same thing, but the change in terms removes a lot of the negative assc. with the word, "rebuilding"!
No you fail at reality... we are rebuilding. Its fact and its what it is.

RockStar36
09-23-2006, 11:54 AM

Good thing we have a good young QB leading the youth movement instead of that crusty journeyman that you wanted to start.

FlyingDutchman
09-23-2006, 02:14 PM
No you fail at reality... we are rebuilding. Its fact and its what it is.

dude, youre missing his point completely, hes just against the word in general.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-23-2006, 04:07 PM
dude, youre missing his point completely, hes just against the word in general.

I'm againts generals too. Everyone should be a private, or a sergent or something like that.

Generals suck.

Actually the Washington Generals really suck.

Did you know the washington generals had the longest loosing streak of any team in sports history?

Not interesting? neither is this thread. :)

northernbillfan
09-23-2006, 04:30 PM
It sounds like the Washington Generals need a youth movement.

Great post Pat. :bf1:

I like the idea as well.

Let's remove the word rebuilding from the sports cliche dictionary and change it to Youth Movement!

FlyingDutchman
09-23-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm againts generals too. Everyone should be a private, or a sergent or something like that.

Generals suck.

Actually the Washington Generals really suck.

Did you know the washington generals had the longest loosing streak of any team in sports history?

Not interesting? neither is this thread. :)

How are you supposed to play well when you got guys chasing you around with buckets of water? I mean who likes to get wet? Its terrible.

X-Era
09-23-2006, 04:47 PM

Until we go to a single playoff game, we OUGHT to be rebuilding.

Im unwilling to overstate who we are right now until we prove it with a string of wins.

I understand your point and I commend you for it. Rebuilding isnt the right word. But we definetely cant say we have all the pieces in place. We only know that with many wins.

So, rebuilding? maybe not. Finished project? absolutely not! At least it hasnt been proven yet.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 10:15 AM
we are rebuilding, nothing more, nothing less. I don't care if whiners don't like the term. man up and deal with it. It is what it is.

Its like some wimp saying dont use the word Cancer. Re naming it doesn't change the effect of what it is. Its cancer.

we are RE BUILDING