X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

No more rebuilding!

The word has such negative connotations. It’s almost akin to conceding defeat.

I recommend that we bail on the whole “rebuilding” concept and stop using the word.

In lieu of Rebuilding, I say we call it a Youth Movement!

Youth Movement suggests that we’re moving in a new direction, but semantically speaking, it doesn’t put us behind the 8-ball.
    Resign our own guys!
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: No more rebuilding!

Every team in every sport is rebuilding EVERY year. They rebuild every year to win the championship

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Patrick76777

I recommend that we bail on the whole “rebuilding” concept and stop using the word.

Youth Movement suggests that we’re moving in a new direction, but semantically speaking, it doesn’t put us behind the 8-ball.
      I recommend some get a clue, we are rebuilding. This team isn't anywhere near where it needs to be. Tons of moves still to be made

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
        I recommend some get a clue, we are rebuilding. This team isn't anywhere near where it needs to be. Tons of moves still to be made

You're not getting my point! It just sailed 15 yards over your head.

It's the same thing, but the change in terms removes a lot of the negative assc. with the word, "rebuilding"!
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
          • Mar 2004

I know my team is still rebuilding (check my off season posts, not making this statement after the 1st two losses,) but how may times does a team rebuild before new terms need to be utilized?

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

You're not getting my point! It just sailed 15 yards over your head.

It's the same thing, but the change in terms removes a lot of the negative assc. with the word, "rebuilding"!
            No you fail at reality... we are rebuilding. Its fact and its what it is.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

Good thing we have a good young QB leading the youth movement instead of that crusty journeyman that you wanted to start.

D & S Sports

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                No you fail at reality... we are rebuilding. Its fact and its what it is.
                dude, youre missing his point completely, hes just against the word in general.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                  The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                  dude, youre missing his point completely, hes just against the word in general.
                  I'm againts generals too. Everyone should be a private, or a sergent or something like that.

Generals suck.

Actually the Washington Generals really suck.

Did you know the washington generals had the longest loosing streak of any team in sports history?

Not interesting? neither is this thread. :)
                  In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

It sounds like the Washington Generals need a youth movement.

Great post Pat.

I like the idea as well.

Let's remove the word rebuilding from the sports cliche dictionary and change it to Youth Movement!
                    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by keithtr
                      I'm againts generals too. Everyone should be a private, or a sergent or something like that.

Generals suck.

Actually the Washington Generals really suck.

Did you know the washington generals had the longest loosing streak of any team in sports history?

Not interesting? neither is this thread. :)
                      How are you supposed to play well when you got guys chasing you around with buckets of water? I mean who likes to get wet? Its terrible.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Until we go to a single playoff game, we OUGHT to be rebuilding.

Im unwilling to overstate who we are right now until we prove it with a string of wins.

I understand your point and I commend you for it. Rebuilding isnt the right word. But we definetely cant say we have all the pieces in place. We only know that with many wins.

So, rebuilding? maybe not. Finished project? absolutely not! At least it hasnt been proven yet.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

we are rebuilding, nothing more, nothing less. I don't care if whiners don't like the term. man up and deal with it. It is what it is.

Its like some wimp saying dont use the word Cancer. Re naming it doesn't change the effect of what it is. Its cancer.

we are RE BUILDING

Comment

Working...
                          X