• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Do you EXPECT a win on Sunday?

I honestly dont know where I sit one this one.

I think its safe to say that even the biggest homer didnt expect us to look as good as we have.

So that begs the question, do you EXPECT a win on Sunday. I dont say "think" we will win, but expect a win. To me its a question of what your reaction will be if we were to lose somehow. Will you be disgusted by a loss?

I dont know what to expect yet. If the Jets give us room to run, I expect us to win. Yes, I expect McGahee to run when he has the chance and is given the rock.

If the Jets shut down the run, can we expect the Bills to win through the air? I dont think so. We havent seen air dominance yet. Do we have it in us? I believe so but havent seen it.

On D, should we expect the Bills to shutdown the run? They gave up 184 in the first game, I dont know if we can. Should we expect to shut down Coles and the pass? I think so. We have McGee and Clements, and our youngsters are playing strong.

This is a critical division game and at home and against the worst team in our division last year. Add all that up and should we expect a win?

I just dont know. I have to say that I hope for a win, but after watching years of the Bills, I have come to learn never to expect anything.

I feel that this is a game we should win and can win and that if we are serious about a shot at the postseason, this is a game that we win. We come out and show that we arent a flukey team, we will show up and play top football each and every week. I can handle a loss like the Pats game, I cant handle a multiple turnover, defensive let down, mess.

We need to build on what weve earned and show ourselves more than anyone that we are a real team that will play for a win each and every week.

What say you?

• BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: Do you EXPECT a win on Sunday?

For the first time this season, yes, I do in fact expect a win.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

the Jets are the easiest or second easiest team on the schedule (to the Titans), and it's at home.

I expect a win- this is one of the few games where I expected a win ever since the schedule came out.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Definitely. The Jets haven't won in Buffalo since 2002, and that was thanks to having lousy ST's.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

I always expect a win.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

No doubt whatsoever.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              the Jets are the easiest or second easiest team on the schedule (to the Titans), and it's at home.

I expect a win- this is one of the few games where I expected a win ever since the schedule came out.
              I almost agree with you..

WHen the schedule came out this was the first game where I also 'expected' a win.. But the Jets looked really dangerous last week vs NE, and though Tenn may be chumps, they did go on the road and win that game as well (knocking alot of people out of survivor pools in the process)

Dont get me wrong, I THINK we're going to win Sunday, and there is no reason why they shouldnt.. But this is FAR from a cakewalk.. This is a better than advertised team, just like Buffalo.. and Pennington makes a HUGE difference on this team.

I just "think" that to beat Buffalo you have to run the ball, and the Jets aint doing that.. Hopefully NY's predictability on offense will play into our hands.

You heard this here.. I expect Nate clements to have a HUGE game.. and Terrence McGee is taking one to the house.. (on a kickoff).
              Write that down

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• M
                • Aug 2006

Yes, dammit! I expect a win. 'Nuff said.
                Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I picked the Bills in "Pickem," but not for "Survival football." That should tell you where I am on this game. If I have to choose, I choose the Bills, but there are games where I feel more confident of the outcome than Jets versus Bills.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

I know we're gonna win.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      I almost agree with you..

WHen the schedule came out this was the first game where I also 'expected' a win.. But the Jets looked really dangerous last week vs NE, and though Tenn may be chumps, they did go on the road and win that game as well (knocking alot of people out of survivor pools in the process)

Dont get me wrong, I THINK we're going to win Sunday, and there is no reason why they shouldnt.. But this is FAR from a cakewalk.. This is a better than advertised team, just like Buffalo.. and Pennington makes a HUGE difference on this team.

I just "think" that to beat Buffalo you have to run the ball, and the Jets aint doing that.. Hopefully NY's predictability on offense will play into our hands.

You heard this here.. I expect Nate clements to have a HUGE game.. and Terrence McGee is taking one to the house.. (on a kickoff).
                      Write that down
                      Who in the hell would have picked Tennessee over the Jets?

That would be like betting on Mr. T in Rocky 3.
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• jmb1099
                        • Sep 2004

I expect a win

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                          Closet Bills Fan
                          • Nov 2004

expect a win yes, any die-hard fan would be inclined to say so.......

since im a "minority" here, ill just say i expect a hardfought game like the past few years ive gone..... the ground game is going to be key obviously, especially if the weather forecasts hold up (temps in the upper 60's and showers/tstorms), that vaunted passing game may be shut down on that alone.

the gods shining upon buffalo?
                          could be..... im stoked regardless and hope to see some of y'all tonight/tomorrow

j-e-t-s
                          jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

When you least expect it, expect it.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

I don't know how any of you can expect a win. In the early 90's maybe but this team is still very young. I think we can win this game as it is one of the easier games and it's at home but the Jets were thinking the same thing when their schedule came out.

The Jets play Indy and the Jags after this so don't think they won't be coming into Buffalo with a must win attitude. This game has upset written all over it so the players had better be not reading all of the accolades. It's also time for JP to have a great passing day!!

Comment

Working...
                              X