PDA

View Full Version : Do you EXPECT a win on Sunday?

X-Era
09-22-2006, 08:18 PM
I honestly dont know where I sit one this one.

I think its safe to say that even the biggest homer didnt expect us to look as good as we have.

So that begs the question, do you EXPECT a win on Sunday. I dont say "think" we will win, but expect a win. To me its a question of what your reaction will be if we were to lose somehow. Will you be disgusted by a loss?

I dont know what to expect yet. If the Jets give us room to run, I expect us to win. Yes, I expect McGahee to run when he has the chance and is given the rock.

If the Jets shut down the run, can we expect the Bills to win through the air? I dont think so. We havent seen air dominance yet. Do we have it in us? I believe so but havent seen it.

On D, should we expect the Bills to shutdown the run? They gave up 184 in the first game, I dont know if we can. Should we expect to shut down Coles and the pass? I think so. We have McGee and Clements, and our youngsters are playing strong.

This is a critical division game and at home and against the worst team in our division last year. Add all that up and should we expect a win?

I just dont know. I have to say that I hope for a win, but after watching years of the Bills, I have come to learn never to expect anything.

I feel that this is a game we should win and can win and that if we are serious about a shot at the postseason, this is a game that we win. We come out and show that we arent a flukey team, we will show up and play top football each and every week. I can handle a loss like the Pats game, I cant handle a multiple turnover, defensive let down, mess.

We need to build on what weve earned and show ourselves more than anyone that we are a real team that will play for a win each and every week.

What say you?

BlackMetalNinja
09-22-2006, 08:30 PM
For the first time this season, yes, I do in fact expect a win.

OpIv37
09-22-2006, 08:39 PM
the Jets are the easiest or second easiest team on the schedule (to the Titans), and it's at home.

I expect a win- this is one of the few games where I expected a win ever since the schedule came out.

Goobylal
09-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Definitely. The Jets haven't won in Buffalo since 2002, and that was thanks to having lousy ST's.

SquishDaFish
09-22-2006, 09:12 PM
I always expect a win.

Philagape
09-22-2006, 09:42 PM
No doubt whatsoever.

patmoran2006
09-22-2006, 09:54 PM
the Jets are the easiest or second easiest team on the schedule (to the Titans), and it's at home.

I expect a win- this is one of the few games where I expected a win ever since the schedule came out.

I almost agree with you..

WHen the schedule came out this was the first game where I also 'expected' a win.. But the Jets looked really dangerous last week vs NE, and though Tenn may be chumps, they did go on the road and win that game as well (knocking alot of people out of survivor pools in the process)

Dont get me wrong, I THINK we're going to win Sunday, and there is no reason why they shouldnt.. But this is FAR from a cakewalk.. This is a better than advertised team, just like Buffalo.. and Pennington makes a HUGE difference on this team.

I just "think" that to beat Buffalo you have to run the ball, and the Jets aint doing that.. Hopefully NY's predictability on offense will play into our hands.

You heard this here.. I expect Nate clements to have a HUGE game.. and Terrence McGee is taking one to the house.. (on a kickoff).
Write that down

M
09-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Yes, dammit! I expect a win. 'Nuff said.

TigerJ
09-22-2006, 11:23 PM
I picked the Bills in "Pickem," but not for "Survival football." That should tell you where I am on this game. If I have to choose, I choose the Bills, but there are games where I feel more confident of the outcome than Jets versus Bills.

ublinkwescore
09-23-2006, 01:31 AM
I know we're gonna win.

ublinkwescore
09-23-2006, 01:32 AM
I almost agree with you..

WHen the schedule came out this was the first game where I also 'expected' a win.. But the Jets looked really dangerous last week vs NE, and though Tenn may be chumps, they did go on the road and win that game as well (knocking alot of people out of survivor pools in the process)

Dont get me wrong, I THINK we're going to win Sunday, and there is no reason why they shouldnt.. But this is FAR from a cakewalk.. This is a better than advertised team, just like Buffalo.. and Pennington makes a HUGE difference on this team.

I just "think" that to beat Buffalo you have to run the ball, and the Jets aint doing that.. Hopefully NY's predictability on offense will play into our hands.

You heard this here.. I expect Nate clements to have a HUGE game.. and Terrence McGee is taking one to the house.. (on a kickoff).
Write that down

Who in the hell would have picked Tennessee over the Jets?

That would be like betting on Mr. T in Rocky 3.

jmb1099
09-23-2006, 05:48 AM
I expect a win

CuseJetsFan83
09-23-2006, 05:54 AM
expect a win yes, any die-hard fan would be inclined to say so.......

since im a "minority" here, ill just say i expect a hardfought game like the past few years ive gone..... the ground game is going to be key obviously, especially if the weather forecasts hold up (temps in the upper 60's and showers/tstorms), that vaunted passing game may be shut down on that alone.

the gods shining upon buffalo?
could be..... im stoked regardless and hope to see some of y'all tonight/tomorrow

YardRat
09-23-2006, 06:06 AM
When you least expect it, expect it.

HHURRICANE
09-23-2006, 07:05 AM
I don't know how any of you can expect a win. In the early 90's maybe but this team is still very young. I think we can win this game as it is one of the easier games and it's at home but the Jets were thinking the same thing when their schedule came out.

The Jets play Indy and the Jags after this so don't think they won't be coming into Buffalo with a must win attitude. This game has upset written all over it so the players had better be not reading all of the accolades. It's also time for JP to have a great passing day!!

Night Train
09-23-2006, 07:21 AM
I never expect a win.

I'm always hoping the effort and execution is as close to 100 % as possible. If so, we can compete and pull off the win.

Weather could play big Sunday. Sounds like rain will happen in the morning, meaning the field could be quite slick. Talking about 20-35 mph winds also, which could mean tons of running plays and a field position battle.

17-7 Bills.

Mad Bomber
09-23-2006, 07:46 AM
I expect the Bills to win a low-scoring game.

It's supposed to be windy at the Ralph on Sunday. This should make passing more difficult for Pennington. The Bills should be able to shut down the Jets' running game.

patmoran2006
09-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Who in the hell would have picked Tennessee over the Jets?

That would be like betting on Mr. T in Rocky 3.

I hear you.

But Tenn was favored in that game, and I know of many people at work who got knocked out of Survivor Pools picking tenn in week one.

North_Coast
09-23-2006, 09:56 AM
I hear you.

But Tenn was favored in that game, and I know of many people at work who got knocked out of Survivor Pools picking tenn in week one.

The Jets have played better than most expected while the Titans have played worse. Remember, like the Bills, the Jets weren't supposed to have a starting QB, either.

North_Coast
09-23-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't "expect" a win, but I anticipate one. The Bills aren't that good and the Jets aren't that bad that this game is a mismatch, although the Jets don't match up well with the Bills. Not only may the wind be a factor, but the Jets also tend to start slowly, and these both work against the Jets. If the Bills get a lead, they won't oblige the Jets by throwing chancy passes, forcing the Jets to gamble when they do get the ball, which might wind up with a blow-out for the Bills because of INTs.

Cntrygal
09-23-2006, 10:42 AM
I "expect" ANYTHING can happen with the Bills.

But I really WANT us to win!

X-Era
09-23-2006, 04:42 PM
I know we're gonna win.

I know we will too, but I cant say as I expect it yet.

oxymoron? I dont think so, I "know" we will win because I feel we will. But I dont EXPECT us to because In my mind we should still be expecting a 6 and 10 team until proven different. Well, if we EXPECTING a 6 and 10 team, than you CANT expect this to be a win. 10 win or even 9 win teams have the right to EXPECT this to be a win. We dont yet.

This goes a bit deeper. Let not overstate ourselves. We have played 2, count em, 2 games this year and we only won one.

I "feel" like all of you do, that this team is pretty damn good. But thats a point proven over MANY weeks, with MANY games, not just 2.

Like I said, this is another chance for us to prove we are more than expected, that we have a real shot at the playoffs. Its a chance for a win. If we do it, we are even closer to being a proven, sound, playoff caliper team. If we dont, we can say that we are still mediocre and in need of stepping up.

Sorry, but I cant take this game from "should win" to "expected win" just because we played strong in our first 2 games.

Im not willing to be so shortsighted as to assume we are anything yet. Lets prove it this weekend and head to the bye with 5 or 6 wins. THEN I will feel we have a strong shot at the playoffs.

But we have only won one game so far.

That said, everything in my gut says we play another strong game and get another win!

Luisito23
09-24-2006, 03:42 AM
I expect a win every Sun.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!