PDA

View Full Version : Does it bother anyone else ...

Philagape
09-22-2006, 09:45 PM
That Marty Biron is wearing a blank mask?

It's a ME statement on a TEAM team.

JD
09-22-2006, 10:24 PM
..or its only preseason, and hes waiting on a new one to be painted?

Ebenezer
09-22-2006, 11:44 PM
it was white the other day...maybe it gets painted a little bit over time?? :idunno:

SabreEleven
09-23-2006, 12:34 AM
They did change team colors

CuseJetsFan83
09-23-2006, 12:50 AM
honestly with the white jersey and his white pads........ he might be using it as a tactic to fool the shooter...........

plus a blank mask wouldnt matter to me.......... as long as he's winning

LABillsFan
09-23-2006, 01:51 AM
I wouldn't read it as a ME statement. He's been a team player and until he is traded or fulfills his contract, he'll be the same Marty.

Philagape
09-23-2006, 08:02 AM
He's doing it because he wants/expects to be traded

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060916/1003650.asp

Ebenezer
09-23-2006, 08:23 AM
He's doing it because he wants/expects to be traded

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060916/1003650.asp
that is too bad.

chernobylwraiths
09-23-2006, 10:23 AM
That Marty Biron is wearing a blank mask?

It's a ME statement on a TEAM team.

The nerve of him! What did he expect? To be treated differently by management after giving them all of his support throughout his career? He should be glad to be a backup. :sarcasm off:

Philagape
09-23-2006, 12:28 PM
:sarcasm back on:
Yeah, how can management not reward him beyond the millions of dollars he's making for doing what every player should do anyway? Tyrants.

YardRat
09-23-2006, 12:32 PM
So trade him. A package with Biron and Max should bring a quality player in return.

pyrrhonist
09-23-2006, 12:46 PM
It's no doubt due to the fact he expects to be gone from this team. Why would anyone take offense to it, though? He made a statement about wanting to be dealt, and Regier said they'd do everything "in their power" to move him...as long as the deal was right. I don't think Marty would intentionally tank games or anything, though.

RockStar36
09-23-2006, 01:17 PM
I figured it was because he expects to be traded or because the team colors just changed.

RockStar36
09-23-2006, 01:18 PM
So trade him. A package with Biron and Max should bring a quality player in return.

Why trade Max? Besides his ability to not finish on plays.

JD
09-23-2006, 03:23 PM
UN****ingREAL!

Either he plays like **** so we boot him, or he plays great to get more looks from other teams..

chernobylwraiths
09-23-2006, 05:02 PM
:sarcasm back on:
Yeah, how can management not reward him beyond the millions of dollars he's making for doing what every player should do anyway? Tyrants.

He wants to play. He showed last year that he can get the job done and he has been a good soldier. Not everything is about money. Do you actually BLAME him for wanting to be somewhere else and playing everyday?

Philagape
09-23-2006, 05:10 PM
He should keep it to himself.

"Being a good soldier" should be a given for anyone under contract. When an athlete makes millions of dollars a year, then he should do what he's told and keep his mouth shut. The team comes first. Loyalty to the team is a condition of employment. If the Sabres feel they're better off with him as the backup, then that's the way it is, and his feelings are irrelevant. The Sabres will trade him when it's good for THEM, not him.

chernobylwraiths
09-23-2006, 05:20 PM
He should keep it to himself.

"Being a good soldier" should be a given for anyone under contract. When an athlete makes millions of dollars a year, then he should do what he's told and keep his mouth shut. The team comes first. Loyalty to the team is a condition of employment. If the Sabres feel they're better off with him as the backup, then that's the way it is, and his feelings are irrelevant. The Sabres will trade him when it's good for THEM, not him.

That's just a load of BS. He was a restricted free agent that the Sabres tendered an offer and he had to accept it or sit out the year. Marty will still be the good player in the locker room, but everyone knows that he wanted to be a number one goalie. It's just stupid to think that a player should just shut up and take it when he is treated like that. I'm sure there were plenty of deals that Darcy could have made, but Darcy will always wait until the last possible minute. Sure it has gotten us some good deals, but it has also caused some resentment.

Here is a question that I really don't know the answer to. Can you name a few Sabres unrestricted free agents that have signed a long term deal to stay rather than go to another team with their free agency only days away? Besides Teppo.

Philagape
09-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Treated like what? Not giving him what he wants? BOO HOO :violin:

No team is obligated to make a trade because a player wants it. The ONLY criteria for accepting a trade is if management feels it's worth it to make the team better. If Darcy feels an offer isn't good enough, then it's his right to refuse it. Any player who resents that is the one with the problem.

Trading a player because he wants it? THAT's stupid, because that hurts the team.