PDA

View Full Version : Bills to Renovate the Ralph??

Italian Stallion
09-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Bills | Team's stadium could receive $20 million from state
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:16:18 -0700

Tom Precious and Gene Warner, of the Buffalo News, reports state officials and the Buffalo Bills are discussing a possible $20 million package of state-funded improvements for the team's home, Ralph Wilson Stadium. The money would be used to help pay for the relocation of the stadium's press box, as well as upgrades in the scoreboard and other stadium improvements.

And the article from the B-lo news....

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060923/1073624.asp

Although this is a "maybe" or "could" situation at this point, how awesome would this be, for not only severley upgrading the crappy 70's technology in the stadium, but more importantly keeping the team IN Buffalo?

Very good news....

PromoTheRobot
09-23-2006, 01:57 PM
All that stuff is nice, and $20 mil is not much money when you compare how much some of these new stadiums cost. But to me RWS is already the TEMPLE of Bills Football. When I go to a game, I don't need ergonomic massage seats with a waitress bringing me my sushi and martini. I'm there to get ugly, be ugly, and make it real ugly for the other team. All that other crap ain't football...it ain't BILLS football!

If anything, I'd spend money to make RWS even louder.

PTR

FlyingDutchman
09-23-2006, 02:10 PM
I feel like there are far better things this money could go to (one being more bathrooms so i dont miss half the game), or we should just keep the money in the piggy bank til the day we possibly need a new stadium.

Nighthawk
09-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Putting more money into this out of date stadium makes no sense at all. Eventually we will need to build a new stadium to keep the Bills in Buffalo, why not do it now and not waste more money on renevotions? This is another example of Buffalo doing things half-assed. IMO

DMBcrew36
09-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Putting more money into this out of date stadium makes no sense at all. Eventually we will need to build a new stadium to keep the Bills in Buffalo, why not do it now and not waste more money on renevotions? This is another example of Buffalo doing things half-assed. IMO

Interesting point. I don't know if they would give us enough money for a new stadium, or if Ralph even wants one. He probably thinks its pointless because the only reason to get a new one would be for the expensive luxury boxes. Except he doesn't think there is anyone with the money to pay for the boxes.

To touch on one of the previous comments - they can't bank the money away. They either take the money and use it, or its gone and we get nothing. Government money has to be used for what the government says it will be used for, or we get nothing. We can't just take the money and do whatever we want.

FlyingDutchman
09-23-2006, 02:56 PM
yeah i know, im just sayin hold off on accepting this for years in hopes that we could ask for more at a better time when really needed. Gonna be hard to ask more down the road if the state already shelled out a lot.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-23-2006, 04:21 PM

I agree, and what better place for a stadium than down on the outer harbor of the waterfront. picture this :dream: a retractable roof stadium one like the Arizona Cardinals just built.

For the first time in 50 years, the area's leaders finally seem to be on the same page when it comes to waterfront development.

Work is moving ahead on the Inner Harbor, and the NFTA has finally set the wheels in motion to transfer 130 acres of prime land on the Outer Harbor to the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=41345

Nighthawk
09-23-2006, 06:38 PM
I agree, and what better place for a stadium than down on the outer harbor of the waterfront. picture this :dream: a retractable roof stadium one like the Arizona Cardinals just built.

For the first time in 50 years, the area's leaders finally seem to be on the same page when it comes to waterfront development.

Work is moving ahead on the Inner Harbor, and the NFTA has finally set the wheels in motion to transfer 130 acres of prime land on the Outer Harbor to the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=41345

That would be a perfect place for a new stadium. There is no doubt in my mind that after Ralph passes, the new owner WILL demand a new stadium and anybody who thinks differently is plain ignorant. This is how sports work nowadays the Ralph is not getting any younger. It needs to go and we do not need to keep sinking money in to something that will eventually be replaced.

DMBcrew36
09-23-2006, 07:16 PM
That would be a perfect place for a new stadium. There is no doubt in my mind that after Ralph passes, the new owner WILL demand a new stadium and anybody who thinks differently is plain ignorant. This is how sports work nowadays the Ralph is not getting any younger. It needs to go and we do not need to keep sinking money in to something that will eventually be replaced.

I think everyone wants a new stadium, except the one guy who matters - Ralph C. Wilson.

Night Train
09-23-2006, 08:05 PM
No way in hell would we ever see a new stadium or receive funds from the state for one. We just voted a year ago for Manhattan getting a new stadiun for an Olympic bid and bringing the Giants/Jets back to NY. The Taxpayers voted it down.

Downtown has ZERO parking and those who parrot that dream are completely unrealistic. A logistic nightmare with that street/thruway system. This state is in financial ruin and getting 20 Mil to update our stadium is 20 Mil more than I thought they would get.

Take the $$ and be happy with it. Our current stadium is fantastic. Lots of parking and a nice neighborhood...the polar opposite of downtown Buffalo.

Downtown is a horrid idea.

paladin warrior
09-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Humm what about new uniform and new helmet? Like making change the color and change the helmet picture?

Nighthawk
09-24-2006, 08:33 AM
No way in hell would we ever see a new stadium or receive funds from the state for one. We just voted a year ago for Manhattan getting a new stadiun for an Olympic bid and bringing the Giants/Jets back to NY. The Taxpayers voted it down.

Downtown has ZERO parking and those who parrot that dream are completely unrealistic. A logistic nightmare with that street/thruway system. This state is in financial ruin and getting 20 Mil to update our stadium is 20 Mil more than I thought they would get.

Take the $$ and be happy with it. Our current stadium is fantastic. Lots of parking and a nice neighborhood...the polar opposite of downtown Buffalo.

Downtown is a horrid idea.

I'd have to disagree and say that you are the one that is unrealistic. If you think that the new owners (whenever that happens) are not going to ask for a new stadium, then you are crazy. This will be a key component to keeping the Bills in Buffalo for a long time. The Ralph is old and not a great stadium. Yes, it has tradition, but it is just not a good stadium.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 09:21 AM
I would rather take the 20 mill, add in about 330 more mill and build a new one.

Pride
09-24-2006, 09:30 AM
While at first glance this would be a great thing for the Ralph (New stadium discussions aside). There is no point to this unless the Bills scrap their entire media department. I really don't need to see those 3 ***** buses in HD. How about some creativity? How about some graphical genius? How about hiring JJAMEZZ to make videos for during game???

mikemac2001
09-24-2006, 09:57 AM
haha pride the buses

Nighthawk
09-24-2006, 09:57 AM
I would rather take the 20 mill, add in about 330 more mill and build a new one.

My point exactly.