PDA

View Full Version : McGahee in for a big day?

widerightradio
09-23-2006, 10:06 PM
New podcast is up at www.widerightradio.com (http://www.widerightradio.com). We had a little fun with Blaylock's new kid, talked up the Jets passing game vs. the Bills DBs, and chatted about the Jets game.

One thing I didn't get to mention that I find interesting is this. Willis McGahee's stats in his five meetings with the Jets:
Week 5 @NYJ L 16-14 8 42 5.3
Week 9 NYJ W 22-17 37 132 3.6
Week 6 NYJ W 27-17 29 143 4.9
Week 17 @NYJ L 30-26 22 113 5.1

We all know what happened in the last game. The middle two encounters were hard-nosed football. But what about the first meeting? Week 5 of the Mularkey regime and they give up on McGahee 8 carries in averaging 5.3 a carry. Just makes me glad we've moved on, but also excited about the tomorrow. If we stick to that running game, I really think that Bills will rule the day.

Oh, I got a couple e-mails last time about links. If you're a Bills fan or news site and want us to link to you, just drop us a line.

NYJ EcKo151
09-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Also take into considertion the Jets are transitiniong to a 3-4 defense. And with Robertson at the Nose, he has been over-powered and ineffective. The Jets are alot more stout against the run when Rashad Moore is at Nose Tackle.

I expect Willis to have a good game due to a changing defense still learning the 3-4 scheme. Regretfully.