PDA

View Full Version : I'm Excited

Typ0
09-24-2006, 03:27 PM
I really think we have a good coaching staff in place and like the approach they are taking with this team. They are building. Notice I said building not rebuilding. Rebuilding is for a team that's decimated and we have plenty of talent. I like what I see on the field and think in the long run this team is going to be competitive. I'm talking about in a few weeks...I'm talking about next year. We're going to get better. We're going to turn into a team that can win any given week...and then we're going to turn into a team that wins most of the time. Kudos to Marv Levy for putting the people in place. It's going to get done.

Nighthawk
09-24-2006, 03:30 PM
I really think we have a good coaching staff in place and like the approach they are taking with this team. They are building. Notice I said building not rebuilding. Rebuilding is for a team that's decimated and we have plenty of talent. I like what I see on the field and think in the long run this team is going to be competitive. I'm talking about in a few weeks...I'm talking about next year. We're going to get better. We're going to turn into a team that can win any given week...and then we're going to turn into a team that wins most of the time. Kudos to Marv Levy for putting the people in place. It's going to get done.

If you're happy with how the coaches coached today, then you obviously didn't watch the game. Fewell was terrible and refused to send blitzes at Pennington (who is notorious for crumbling under pressure) and he let them just pick us apart. The coaches sucked today!

Typ0
09-24-2006, 03:30 PM
I can see we are going to turn into a team that has a chance to win any given week...I have faith we can take the crucial steps that make us a consistently winning team. That is a big step.

Novacane
09-24-2006, 03:32 PM
I don't know. I did not see anything that has me believing in this coaching staff

Typ0
09-24-2006, 03:36 PM
I don't know. I did not see anything that has me believing in this coaching staff

I think a lot of fans are short sighted...and probably a lot of them were the ones that didn't like benching JP for KH. I really like what I see in the way they are handling JP Losman. We can let him live week to week running around and doing his thing...or we can turn him into a long-term competitive NFL QB. I think they are going for the long term option myself.

Nighthawk
09-24-2006, 03:38 PM
I think a lot of fans are short sighted...and probably a lot of them were the ones that didn't like benching JP for KH. I really like what I see in the way they are handling JP Losman. We can let him live week to week running around and doing his thing...or we can turn him into a long-term competitive NFL QB. I think they are going for the long term option myself.

yeah, we're short sighted. Let me state this very simply for you. DJ got outcoached and beat by a rookie head coach! Do you still have an argument?

X-Era
09-24-2006, 03:42 PM

God bless this POST!!!!

Its right on. This was a dissappointing loss, but we should all expect some with such a young team. I still feel we looked good in alot of ways and there is plenty to build on.

Nighthawk
09-24-2006, 03:47 PM
God bless this POST!!!!

Its right on. This was a dissappointing loss, but we should all expect some with such a young team. I still feel we looked good in alot of ways and there is plenty to build on.

You are missing the point! Our HC was outcoached by a 35 year old rookie HC...why should that make me feel good?

Typ0
09-24-2006, 03:48 PM
If you're happy with how the coaches coached today, then you obviously didn't watch the game. Fewell was terrible and refused to send blitzes at Pennington (who is notorious for crumbling under pressure) and he let them just pick us apart. The coaches sucked today!

I don't know where you come from with your 'notorious' comment because the guy just plain hasn't played that much. It looks to me like the game plan was to shut down the run (a big stretch with our run defense) and make them one dimensional and let him pass the ball. Pennington is good and they are riding a wave finally having him in there. The JETS are a much better football team than they have been hyped down to. They have an above average defense and with a good leader they are going to win games. The bottom line is we turned the ball over and that ended the game.

Typ0
09-24-2006, 03:51 PM
You are missing the point! Our HC was outcoached by a 35 year old rookie HC...why should that make me feel good?

you missed the point too. We are building a long-term system of success. We're going to take some lumps putting that system together. Today, JP turned the ball over and that was our lump. I would say their punting game is what screwed us...and the punting game had the opportunity to screw us because of the turnovers.

Nighthawk
09-24-2006, 03:51 PM
I don't know where you come from with your 'notorious' comment because the guy just plain hasn't played that much. It looks to me like the game plan was to shut down the run (a big stretch with our run defense) and make them one dimensional and let him pass the ball. Pennington is good and they are riding a wave finally having him in there. The JETS are a much better football team than they have been hyped down to. They have an above average defense and with a good leader they are going to win games. The bottom line is we turned the ball over and that ended the game.

You're making my point for me. Why would any coaching staff want one of the most accurate QB's in the league to sit back there and pass on us? And why, when the front 4 couldn't get any pressure on the QB, wouldn't Fewell start blitzing to get pressure on him? I see no positives in either of these coaching decisions.

shelby
09-24-2006, 03:52 PM
How dare you be so positive, Typ0?
:D

Great post. It's hard sometimes to look at the big picture, especially when you're frustrated with mistakes in a loss that everyone expected to be a gimme win.

Typ0
09-24-2006, 04:07 PM
You're making my point for me. Why would any coaching staff want one of the most accurate QB's in the league to sit back there and pass on us? And why, when the front 4 couldn't get any pressure on the QB, wouldn't Fewell start blitzing to get pressure on him? I see no positives in either of these coaching decisions.

because you can predict how they are going to call plays with the passing game. Once you do that you can begin to exploit your strengths on defense and get stops and turnover. We actually did quite well in this area but there was no immediacy for Pennington because we turned the ball over.

SABURZFAN
09-24-2006, 04:45 PM

it smells like 1988,doesn't it?

LifetimeBillsFan
09-24-2006, 04:46 PM

Because they were using their LBs to take away the underneath routes that Pennington likes to throw so much. And, they did. Crowell and Fletcher had a bunch of pass breakups. If the Bills had done a better job of tackling against the running game and on a couple of the short passes, they would have stalled the Jets completely--or at most given up one TD. The offense gave up one score and put the Jets in position to score another and the STs gave the Jets great field position on their last drive and the Jets had to have two terrific grabs, one by Cotchery and the other by Coles, to keep two of their drives going.

Personally, I would have liked to see the Bills mix things up with the blitz a bit more, but when they did blitz they were not getting any pressure anyway--the Jets did a much better job of picking up the few blitzes that the Bills ran than the Bills did in their blitz pickups. If you blitz Pennington a lot, though, he's just going to keep hitting his TE and WRs on those short routes that the Jets kept running all day and, with fewer players to beat in the secondary, they are going to get more yards after the catch--especially with the way that the Bills have been missing tackles thus far this season. You also have to give the Jets some credit for doing a good job of blocking and to Pennington for getting the ball out quickly on a lot of plays.

Even so, though, the Bills defense played well enough for the team to win if the offense had capitalized on its opportunities and had not turned the ball over three times. Yes, they could have and should have done better. But, the defensive play-calling wasn't irrational. The execution needed to be a lot better as well.

Slim
09-24-2006, 04:46 PM

.. when did pennington pick us apart?

LABillsFan
09-24-2006, 05:03 PM

They held them in check most of the game. We did blitz once and got burned by a dump off pass. The scheme may have not been to some peoples liking but it wasn't terrible.

The offense needs to score points. If they do, it forces the other team to change their tactic. Look at what the Jets did, they held the Bills Off in check and stuck to their game plan they played conservative because they could. It's a matter of finishing off drives with points.

BillsFever21
09-24-2006, 05:30 PM

He is certaintly making the point for you.

The Jets best RB is Kevan Barlow. Kevan freaking Barlow and we aim to shut down the run and make Pennington beat us? The same Pennington who threw for over 300 yards in each of the first 2 games. That's one hell of a way to approach the game.

We aim to stop their weakness and let their strength and best players on offense(Pennington and Coles) try to beat us. Well that's what happened today. He did beat us.

The Jets running game sucks. You don't need to completely focus on that to stop their run. They don't have Ladianian Tomlinson back there.

The game plan on defense by making Pennington beat us and pissing away points when we have guranteed FG's lost this game for us. All of them decisions were made by the coaching staff.

BillsFever21
09-24-2006, 05:32 PM
They held them in check most of the game. We did blitz once and got burned by a dump off pass. The scheme may have not been to some peoples liking but it wasn't terrible.

The offense needs to score points. If they do, it forces the other team to change their tactic. Look at what the Jets did, they held the Bills Off in check and stuck to their game plan they played conservative because they could. It's a matter of finishing off drives with points.

You're right. We needed to put points on the board but the coaching staff felt the need to be clowns and pissed away 3 FG's. Them 3 FG's win us this game. Plus it puts us up at least by 2 scores early on which would've changed the Jets approach. The coaching staff cost us this game.

LABillsFan
09-24-2006, 05:42 PM
You're right. We needed to put points on the board but the coaching staff felt the need to be clowns and pissed away 3 FG's. Them 3 FG's win us this game. Plus it puts us up at least by 2 scores early on which would've changed the Jets approach. The coaching staff cost us this game.

You can blame the coaches for some of the calls yes, but there were times more so than the coaches, that the players didn't execute. Just because calls were made in lieu of FG's doesn't mean the FG's would have been made. Maybe the wind was a concern, maybe the coaching staff saw something. Maybe it was the inexperience of the players that made those plays not work. But they are going to have to try them sooner or later.

Nighthawk
09-24-2006, 07:00 PM
He is certaintly making the point for you.

The Jets best RB is Kevan Barlow. Kevan freaking Barlow and we aim to shut down the run and make Pennington beat us? The same Pennington who threw for over 300 yards in each of the first 2 games. That's one hell of a way to approach the game.

We aim to stop their weakness and let their strength and best players on offense(Pennington and Coles) try to beat us. Well that's what happened today. He did beat us.

The Jets running game sucks. You don't need to completely focus on that to stop their run. They don't have Ladianian Tomlinson back there.

The game plan on defense by making Pennington beat us and pissing away points when we have guranteed FG's lost this game for us. All of them decisions were made by the coaching staff.

Thanks you...exactly. At least now I know I'm not the only one confused with the coaching today!

mybills
09-24-2006, 07:02 PM
:bf1: