PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Lots to say, I guess my post on

X-Era
09-24-2006, 03:31 PM
As I said, a good or great team plays hard every week. A good or great team would have won this game.

NO ONE should have EXPECTED a win. NO ONE! We had HINTS at a good team, but NO SUSTAINED PROOF!

We had no right to expect a win today without the Bills proving that they can and will play every week. We hadnt seen that, we had plenty of reasons to lose, and today we did.

This team has way too many youngsters starting. I personally think its a good thing if we feel we have no real chance at the playoffs, why not develop you youth. But, when you start 4 rookies on D (if you add in at least 1 DT), you can expect some bad plays. Ko Simpson blew the tackle on the long run. Whitner blew a tackle on a TD run. Whitner blew another 3rd down tackle because he didnt wrap.

As said many times by many people. We wont go anywhere if we put the whole game on our young QB's arm. Why in the hell are we throwing the ball on 4th and 2 into the wind, when McGahee hadnt been stopped all day? We arent we kicking a 53 yarder instead of botching a fake fiedl goal with the wind at our back?

On the one hand, I like that we are trying to develop our passing game and throwing as much as we did. On the other hand, Willis had over 100 yards at the half and t hrowing that much was unnecessary. Especially with the wind conitions and especially deep. Too many reason NOT to throw and yet we tried to do it all day. Losman made a HORRIBLE throw on the INT.

However, Losman was NOT guilty on the fumbles. NEITHER OF THEM! We had NO backside protection today, NONE! I dont care WHO you started at QB, they probably would have been blitzed for a fumble and TD return just like Losman. He got destroyed from the backside.

I was discouraged by our run and pass D, McGee, Clements, both rooks they all were guilty plenty. We gave up too many yards on the ground. We had NO sacks on Pennington , NONE. We couldnt get pressure all day, and the Jets ran the screen when we did. We should know that if we are gonna blitz that much we better protect against the screen.

D didnt do enough to win, the O wasnt put in a position to win, and we turned the ball over to much. Thats a recipe for a loss and thats waht we have.

Losman did plenty to move in the right direction, he showed he can get yards and keep the chains moving. But, he cant be trusted to carry a team yet, PERIOD! He made a terrible throw, but made plenty of great ones to make up for it. Should he take a quick glance behind him to spot the pressure? maybe. Do anyo ther QB's do that? I honestly dont know.

Nice special teams play on the onsides, but also a few big returns given up and the pathetic botched fake field goal.

Overall, I have to blam coaching. I think we could have ran McGahee for over 200 yards easy, eaten up the clock, maybe prevented some costly turnovers, and ensured the win. We had no business going for so many 4th downers, and calling dumb plays. We should have adjusted better, we should have protected JP's blindside better, one big turnover on a blindsided sack is one thing twice is bad adjustments from us.

I am encouraged with our shear production as far as yards on O, but we needed more points.

We arent a proven good team yet, we have alot of growing pains to go through still. I honestly think we are getting there but this game proves we shouldnt expect the playoffs or any wins yet from this team.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Wow, reason. How refreshing. JP did well, he had no blocking at all on the fumbles. We are REBUILDING