PDA

View Full Version : Play of the Game

YardRat
09-24-2006, 04:26 PM
IMO, the onside kick was a thing of beauty from conception to execution.

Bobby April's a genius and a step ahead of every other ST's coach in the league. Of the other onside kick attempts I've seen so far this year he's the only one to actually adjust to the rule change and take advantage of it. The bunch formation/center squib kick was the perfect play, and the player's pulled it off.

Look for other teams to copy the formation, and opposing teams to counter by putting their surer-handed receivers in the center of the field as opposed to the wings.

Nice job, Bobby :clap:

Typ0
09-24-2006, 04:28 PM
That play worked because of a screw up on the JETS. I've seen that play ran hundreds of times in that fashion the kicking team took a penalty. We got lucky.

Luisito23
09-24-2006, 04:28 PM
It was nice, but it's pretty sad that it was the play of the game, but yeah I agree....

GO BILLS!!!!!

Michael82
09-25-2006, 02:15 PM
I thought it was a good play call too. Reminded me a bit of the play a couple years ago where Lindell did a fake kickoff and recovered it.

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2006, 03:46 PM
That play worked because of a screw up on the JETS. I've seen that play ran hundreds of times in that fashion the kicking team took a penalty. We got lucky.

Hundreds of times?

That formation was different than the one used for most onsides kicks, and woudl only be advantagious after this year's rules change.

Props to April and the players for getting it to work.

Typ0
09-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Hundreds of times?

That formation was different than the one used for most onsides kicks, and woudl only be advantagious after this year's rules change.

hundreds of times the defensive guy knows enough not to touch the football before it goes 10 yards unless he is falling on it. That kick wasn't even going to go 10 yards. No way should we have recovered. Be a homer and praise the formation all you want it was a screw up on the JETS part and that guy got his butt reamed good this week for it I'm sure.

Ebenezer
09-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Hundreds of times?

according to clump that new formation is being used because the league made a rule against stacking players on one side of the field...the must be even or near even distribution...:idunno:

and to the folks that give bobby april props for coming up with the play please remember this is the same bobby april who designed the fake field goal that was a disaster...hits and misses and execution...